I have a million things that need to be done today

Satty

But I have absolutely no motivation.

In my defense, I've already:

--Moved my parts car to a secure location

--Fixed the old Gateway laptop thats been sitting around for months, just needs a new battery

--Programmed the new TV so the channel up/down buttons will actually do something

Hey you got something done today, so don't beat yourself up too much if you end up being lazy for the rest of it. :P

This morning at 4am I did a water change of the aquarium, cleaned out the disgusting filter (there was brown fish gunk/sludge covering every part of the inside of it), replaced all of the nasty algae covered tubes with shiny new ones, put in a new airstone, hooked yup a 2nd air pump, and put some extra decorations back in. Also cleaned the glass and lid.

• Then I did what needed to be done for work (2 posters and a website update)
  • Formatted my new Corsair Survivor :wub:
  • Took a nap at 6 and got up at 11:30
  • Met with my boss and got paid.
  • Put the money in the bank
  • Went to Shaws and did some shopping
  • Made a kickass grilled lemon pepper tuna fillet sandwich with provolone and on fresh ciabatta bread.
  • Oh and yesterday I replaced my broken windshield washer fluid nozzle on the Intrepid. Thanks WMJ! :thumbsup:

I hereby give myself permission to be lazy for the rest of the day. :D

Although I may give Atlantic auto a call about engines.

You got a parts car? For the LeSabre?

Yep, got an old Olds, mainly for the carb and a few other odds 'n ends. The car is on its last legs, but at least pieces of it will live on. I may keep an Olds badge or script and put it on the Buick someplace, just as a reminder of where many of the little parts (not to mention engine) came from.

I've gotten a little more accomplished, but now its time to do nothing, I've got pizza, beer and Bull Durham is on Encore.

With the Brain Trust meeting tonight, I've been scurrying about making sure I have the necessary supplies to keep everyone satiated and on track. I made a bunch of chocolate chip cookies, a couple gallons of sweet tea, and some homemade pizzas are ready to be thrown in. And beer, there is plenty of beer. Its gonna be a long night.

Let's see, what did I do today? Well, we drove to Praia Grande, about 75 minutes from Sao Paulo over some very cool mountains and through some amazing tunnels and sat on the beach. That was after an exhausting 5 minute walk to our favorite breakfast spot (which actually sells coffee the way I like it, not capuccino style).

I have a bit of a sunburn now, despite wearing an 8 block, so I am going to apply some 'after tan' lotion and hit Avenida Paulista for dinner. I get to practice my Portuguese because the BF has run off to the other end of the city to meet up with a girl that used to work for him when he managed at McDonald's a decade or so ago. Avenida Paulista is amazing. Lots of cool buildings from the '50s and '60s along there. Lots of college students to oggle over, too, I might add. (After all, I am alone this evening.)

My big plans for tomorrow are to take some shots of an 'auto mall' of sorts on Consolocao, about 3 blocks from here: there is a Chevy store next to a VW store, next to a Ford store. I see a lot of Fusions around here. The BF is having surgery tomorrow: getting hair implants. [sighs] He turns 40 in December, so I guess this is his version of a mid-life crisis. He got the Sagitarian tatoo on his back Tuesday.

I would have preferred a red C4.

Had a busy day myself, today.

Among the many tasks was the removal of the engine from a Lotus.

With all of this British car smell all over me, I wonder if my wagon will want to let me it drive when I next find the time. My dogs are already pissed that I'm gone so much, they got used to having me around most days during the majority of the Winter.

Had the opposite problem today. Nothing to do all day, so I dusted off the Canon AE-1 and telephoto lens and basically walked around campus and downtown taking pics of random stuff. I thought about developing them myself, but I dont have the darkroom setup right now.

Edited by Satty

Had the opposite problem today. Nothing to do all day, so I dusted off the Cannon AE-1 and telephoto lens and basically walked around campus and downtown taking pics of random stuff. I thought about developing them myself, but I dont have the darkroom setup right now.

canon%20logo.jpg

lol did everyone have a AE-1? I have sitting one around here somewhere. I think the battery inside it needs to be replaced since last time i used it the pics looked like crap.

The older Olympus was my mom's...I don't know what happened to it, but I remember the shutter stopped working properly. The newer one is nice, I used it along with the Minolta for my photography class. Te Minolta was my grandfather's When he passed away he gave it to me. It has 3 lenses, 3 or 4 filters, cleaning kit, 4 manuals, and some other stuff. Very handy because I use one of the polarizer filters on the Canon to protect it's lens.

Here is a shot of the Minolta

Old_School_by_Kimura_Shinjiru.jpg

The dirt is very anti-Prius, what with the car's mission to be clean and all. Hey look Satty, your photo and the meaning I just pulled out of my ass just made art! We'll make millions! :spin:

You guys think it's crazy? Some jackass puts a pile of fortune cookies in the corner of a room and wants 400,000 for it...and people buy it!

Based on the reflection, Satty appears to have a very nicely coiffed afro.:metal:

I wish. Thats the standard 20somthing tool backwards hat looks that occurs when my hair looks terrible and I'm out playing with a camera.

Speaking of reflections, the building in the background is one of the many abandoned 5-10 story buildings that frame downtown. If I had the Buick, I'd use it as a shooting base at the top of a parking garage to get some good pics of them.

Edited by Satty

Are you sure you're not singing Never Can Say Goodbye Michael, oops I mean Satty ??? :smilewide:

I had to look that reference up. Good lord you're old.

That Prius pic reminded me of one I saw a couple years ago---below the Hybrid Synergy Drive badge, someone had added additional badges--SRT, Type-R, and GT. Interesting.

I once saw a Civic Type-S EX.

My favorite is the Honda CR-V EX, because rollin' in a cervix is every man's dream.

Although the Ford Pimpo and Chevy Pimpala were pretty good too. No idea where they found the p's.

Edited by Satty

I took another pic of the "T" on the hood, but I used my telephoto lens and it didn't really turn out.

My favorite car-badge photo is a B&W pic I took of the LeSabre's stand-up hood ornament. The lighting was perfect, its a fantastic shot. Alas, I didn't get a cd made of those prints and I have no idea where the negatives are.

I've got a ton of stuff to do today as well:

Go grocery shopping

Masturbate

Put groceries away

Masturbate

Clean all the junk off the deck

Masturbate

Go borrow a truck

Go get table for deck out of storage

Masturbate

Go buy new grill

Put table and grill out on the deck

Masturbate

Masturbate left handed

Run to jewelry store

Masturbate

Leave jewelry store

Alas, its 1pm and I haven't done any of that yet. Its raining, so all the outside stuff can just wait.

Edited by Satty

I've got a ton of stuff to do today as well:

Go grocery shopping

Masturbate

Put groceries away

Masturbate

Clean all the junk off the deck

Masturbate

Go borrow a truck

Go get table for deck out of storage

Masturbate

Go buy new grill

Put table and grill out on the deck

Masturbate

Masturbate left handed

Run to jewelry store

Masturbate

Leave jewelry store

Alas, its 1pm and I haven't done any of that yet. Its raining, so all the outside stuff can just wait.

Do I see a theme there? :smilewide:

I have a $h!load of stuff to do this weekend, so I've decided to do nothing today... I'm testing the hypothesis that if you think about things long and hard enough they'll appear done for themselves...

Edited by ZL-1