Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRDETROITMETAL

Art My Car

16 posts in this topic

That bikini looks painted on!

Oh wait!

I see, you should try to optimize it for web, that will get you a more web friendly file size without the quality taking a big hit.

If you don't know how...

I'm assuming you're using Photoshop. If that's the case. Save the original PSD file as a Jpeg at max settings. If it's really big (which I also assume).

Go to Imagine > Image size and make sure Constrain Proportions is checked. Resize it so whatever you want ti to be (in this case width 640px).

Now go to File > Save As for web

Selected Optimize. Select Jpeg High Quality. This will probably default it to 60% quality. This is usually sufficient but you can turn it up to 80% and get less pixelation.

Closest I ever got to having an "ART CAR" was my idea to epoxy

pennies to the entire outside of the RoadMonster, with the

obvious exception of glass/rubber/lights.

DF..THX, but no I don't use Photoshop & the pixelation came from downsizing it in Image shack. oh well. the full size is 1280 saved as a tiff file in Sketchbook Pro. The rims were like that in the orig picture, if that was what you were thinking, it did compress the image though in the downsizing, and added some pixel garbage into the mix.

Art Cars by my definition are a look that defines the owner, as this one represents the Person in the design who owns the car, (like the Lucky Charm CTS I posted )via the elements incorporated into the look. It produces an Honest Design that creates something original, never done before, thus an ART car. I am not so sure what pennies on the RoadMonstersays about YOU though 68... :scratchchin:

:convertible:

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Ah, haven't used Sketchbok, though there is no doubt a way to resize the image. I think Photobucket does a better job at image compression if Image Shack is to blame.

I didn't notice the wheels (though I do now that you mention it) so much as the lower background is badly pixelated.

Yeah typically I resize them in Sketchbook BEFORE I upload to IS or PB, I did Not do that here....my fault most likely.

NO no no MDM.

I'm talking about real "Art Cars"

As in the crazy hippies who turn a running/driving

car into a sculpture or just add something wacky

to it. The Beatles' psychedelic-paintjob RR & John

Lennon's Bentley are rather "mild" examples.

Here's some better ones:

(google "Art Car" &/or "Burning Man Festival")

p98bartcarbug.jpg

artcar.jpg

tom.jpg

BMW also had some "Art Car" race cars, but the ART was just the paintjob.

bmwartcar197530cslbyaca.jpg

Well...OK....Art Cars in today's meaning are NOT really like that anymore, my favorite was "Cadillac Ranch" ...see those were conceptual art works, not really something that was a personal statement of the owner, which is how I define an Art Car today. If your building it just to "look at" that's OK, but if your willing to DRIVE it everyday...THAT is ART !!!

Actually, Art Cars like what Sitxy8 posted are very much the definition of an art car today.

Most art cars, especially the ones Sixty8 posted, are created by the owners, so they are a personal artistic statement of the owner. How it is used has no bearing on it. Many concept cars never had drivetrains or even interiors, but I consider them to be art as much as anything else.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Most art cars, especially the ones Sixty8 posted, are created by the owners, so they are a personal artistic statement of the owner. How it is used has no bearing on it. Many concept cars never had drivetrains or even interiors, but I consider them to be art as much as anything else.

Correct you are. Art is more than just about a flashy paint job and a wing. Art in it's truest sense is an expression of the artist, often times with an underlying meaning or message. That is art. It took me a long time to grasp that concept, and even while I don't like artwork such as Readymades, I understand the concept and respect them for it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0