Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

It's Here: The 2010 Chevy Camaro configurator

How do we know the ground effects will be black in production? Maybe they are shown black to stand out better on the site and they're body color in production.

Well the stripes and wheels all come in different colors, I don't see why the ground effects wouldn't either if they were available.

To each their own. That's why it's optional. I like how it visually lowers the car.

Also, the simple/clean ground effects for the Camaro are not rice.

THIS is rice:

20090113_135635_ricer_civic_2.jpg

Indeed that is rice, the effects for the Camaro we're a toss up for me, I literally looked at all 3 angles of the car with them on and off for about a good 10 minutes before deciding against them. While I like the bigger exhaust tips the thing that turned me off in the end was the chin spoiler.

Dodgefan, just look at the interior shots at the minisite, you can see that gauge pack there in several photos.

No I see that, but the way you worded it made it seem like it was a package to be checked off, which I didn't see. However upon looking at the pictures earlier I found that those gauges are standard on 2LT and 2SS models.

Dodgefan, just look at the interior shots at the minisite, you can see that gauge pack there in several photos.

IIRC the gage pack is standard on 2SS and optional on 1SS for $495 or so. V6 does not have gage pack, but may be I am wrong.

I wonder what is in the place of the gauges if not ordered.. I just noticed also those are an oil temp and trans temp gauges..cool. I assume the usual engine temp gauge is in the main cluster? Will have to check out the new site.

The option groups are retarded. I'd really like to have a LS without the work truck steel wheels and a set of rims that don't jack the price all the way up past the base price of the better 1LT. I'd also like to have foglights too without going for the 1LT either. I don't much care for the "bonnet stripe package;" I don't like the fat ass stripe on the hood and I don't like the color options. I could probably have custom gold hockey stick stripes put on the car for the same price at a paint booth.

Then again, I'm not buying one so what does it matter?

Edited by YellowJacket894

I priced out one the way I'd want it-- 2SS w/ RS package, sunroof, manual, polished 20 inch wheels, Cyber Grey w/ beige interior. $36,750. Not bad...

Interesting that white isn't available (next year?). This is a car I think would look great in white, and white is a very popular color here, it supposedly reflects heat.

Edited by moltar

Three reasons: It's overweight, too big to be a Camaro, and I don't think I could really afford it and the Cutlass too.

Hmm, well #1 is thanks to the safety regs. #2...eh It seemed to lap the Ring pretty quick and it's smaller than a Challenger. :P

#3 is a decisive factor though. :lol:

Hmm, well #1 is thanks to the safety regs. #2...eh It seemed to lap the Ring pretty quick and it's smaller than a Challenger. :P

#3 is a decisive factor though. :lol:

Reason One is also due to GM not having the foresight to use lightweight materials where they are applicable: aluminum hood and decklid, lightweight materials for the suspension, etc.

As for Reason Two, I think that even the planet of Saturn is smaller than a Challenger and has a weaker gravitational pull (it's a good looking tub of lard, though, I'll give it that). :P

As for Reason Three, it took some numbers crunching to get to that conclusion and the bottom line is I'm not willing to sacrifice my Cutlass for a new Camaro: in my opinion my Cutlass a better car, it's was/is cheaper to own, restore, and maintain versus the new Camaro, and the Camaro doesn't have the special feeling that you get with a classic car (that's why it's retro and retro still doesn't really do that).

I'll be happy with what's going to be in my driveway very, very soon and I don't have to offer my soul as collateral to own it either. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Reason One is also due to GM not having the foresight to use lightweight materials where they are applicable: aluminum hood and decklid, lightweight materials for the suspension, etc.

As for Reason Two, I think that even the planet of Saturn is smaller than a Challenger and has a weaker gravitational pull (it's a good looking tub of lard, though, I'll give it that). :P

As for Reason Three, it took some numbers crunching to get to that conclusion and the bottom line is I'm not willing to sacrifice my Cutlass for a new Camaro: in my opinion my Cutlass a better car, it's was/is cheaper to own, restore, and maintain versus the new Camaro, and the Camaro doesn't have the special feeling that you get with a classic car (that's why it's retro and retro still doesn't really do that).

I'll be happy with what's going to be in my driveway very, very soon and I don't have to offer my soul as collateral to own it either. :AH-HA_wink:

If I recall correctly, the hood is aluminum on the new Camaro.

Clyde

I want the V6 for it's lighter weight and more balanced handling...plus it's 5k+ cheaper than an SS with the options I want. But oh boy, that V8 makes a beautiful and addicting sound track....I don't know if I could give that up unless the V6 sounds really good.

...and everything comes at a cost.