2010 Model Year Chevrolet Trucks Changes and New Features

Equinox

Vehicle Highlights:

Standard 17" painted aluminum wheels

Available (Q6D) 18" machined aluminum wheels

Available (R3P) 19" chrome aluminum wheels

2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) provides 182 hp and delivers 30 mpg EPA highway rating (FWD)

Standard active noise cancellation with 2.4L engine

Available (LF1) 3.0L DOHC V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) provides 264 hp and delivers 25 mpg EPA highway rating (FWD)

6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, driver shift control and automatic grade braking

ECO button, alters shift patterns and powertrain calibrations to provide maximum fuel economy

All-new exterior styling

All-new expressive interior with refined dual-cockpit

"Ice Blue" LED interior ambient lighting

Seating that delivers world class comfort and appearance

Improved multi-flex rear seat provides 3-position recline and segment leading rear leg room

Available (TB5) power programmable liftgate

Power operated rear child security door locks

Available advanced remote start

Available (UD7) rear parking assist

Available (UVC) rearview camera system

Available rear seat DVD entertainment system

Available USB port and 40 GB hard drive

Available (UPF) Bluetooth for phone

Interior Color Combinations:

Jet Black/Light Titaninum

Jet Black

Jet Black/Brownstone

Exterior Colors:

Gold Mist Metallic

Silver Ice Metallic

Black Granite Metallic

Black

Cyber Gray Metallic

Navy Blue Metallic

Summit White

Mocha Steel Metallic

Cardinal Red Metallic

I will post additional models and the changes and new features become available.

• 4 weeks later...
any new updates on the rest of the line? Usually can find it on the web, but so far nothing. Interested in changes on the tahoe

I do not know. Let me check, to see if I can find anything out. Doubled checked, nothing.

Edited by gm4life

Why did I get called a name? I checked the site that has the information and there is nothing. I was trying to help you...

He just wanted to make himself feel better by insulting you. lol

Ok I am SORRY. Maybe it was just my timing but it came across sarcastic. Again I am very sorry!!! Thank you for your response

Thank you, I was just stunned, I am called lots of things around here but "d-bag" isn't one of them. Well I was just trying to help and I didn't know you were being sarcastic how could I?

Edited by gm4life

Thank you, I was just stunned, I am called lots of things around here but "d-bag" isn't one of them. Well I was just trying to help and I didn't know you were being sarcastic how could I?

I think he meant the way you said it came across as sarcastic. I actually saw it the same way initially, until I noticed the "edit" timestamp assuming you added the " Doubled checked, nothing." part during the edit.

I think he meant the way you said it came across as sarcastic. I actually saw it the same way initially, until I noticed the "edit" timestamp assuming you added the " Doubled checked, nothing." part during the edit.

That is exactly, what I did hoped onto dealer world and then put that in.

I've seen a couple of '10 Equinox on the road within the last couple of weeks. It doesn't stand out as much on the road as I thought it would in the pictures, though I do think it looks nice. I also saw a new SRX on the road. It looked better in person than it does in the pictures. One of the auto suppliers near where I work must be testing out their stuff on the new Theta's.

I've seen a couple of '10 Equinox on the road within the last couple of weeks. It doesn't stand out as much on the road as I thought it would in the pictures, though I do think it looks nice. I also saw a new SRX on the road. It looked better in person than it does in the pictures. One of the auto suppliers near where I work must be testing out their stuff on the new Theta's.

Lucky you...I haven't seen a Nox yet...

Granted, I've seen nearly a fleet of 2010 Fusions for quite a while...

When I see the Equinox in person im gonna drool all over the ground lol

In case anybody's interested the info for the Colorado is up... given there's not much to say in terms of changes.

They still got the 5.3L in that puppy?

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how much a mid-level Equinox LT will cost with AWD and the 4 cylinder in Navy Blue with Jet interior. Camping this weekend reminded me how nice it is to have a commodious vehicle. Who has a link to the site you guys are referencing? :scratchchin: Edited by ocnblu

You want cavernous in a mid-size SUV? Get a Highlander or Pilot, cause Equinox tops out at 63 cubic feet, seats-down....terrible for a mid-size crossover and average for a compact, shocking considering the vastness (for the class or anything, for that matter) passenger/cargo room of the Lambda quartet.....Equinox may be stylish, but I was disappointed in the car, yes, car.

:thumbsup: About time they had this color: Black Granite Metallic

I just hate the basic plain black, yet black with metallic flack and a number of coats of clear to give it some depth are very beautiful in my book. I hope GM got this right.

I just hate the basic plain black, yet black with metallic flack and a number of coats of clear to give it some depth are very beautiful in my book. I hope GM got this right.

I feel just the opposite, I want black to be black with no sparkles in it. That's why my GTO wasn't black.

Speaking of black paint, I like matte (low gloss) or flat black. A few high end Euro models have it as an option..would love to see it more common. Low maintenance, and looks great w/ matching black wheels.

BMW does it right, offering the metallic black and non-metallic.

Not that it matters to me, I hate black cars, they're a bitch to keep clean. Yet I drive one. :angry:<_<

I like black, never had one...dark blue (like my Jeep) has the same problems w/ keeping clean, unfortunately. Generally, I like dark colors more than lighter colors---dark gray, dark green, dark red, maroon, dark blue...

+1

Black is Black

Black with Sparkles is dirty

How about black w/ Sprinkles? :) Dark blue w/ sprinkles definitely is dirty (bird poo on my Jeep, like frosting sprinkles on a donut...but not in a good way).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I like straight black and straight white. This trend toward metallic on every color is getting tiresome. One cool thing about the Kia Souls is the Dune color, a nice non-metallic tan. I think they will have a couple more non-metallics for that car later in the model year.

Black tends to look bad when it fades or gets dirty, the metallic black looks ten times worse IMHO.

Chris

Pure white looks amazing on certain cars, other cars look better with a metallic white. But 90's Cadillacs look best in that pearl white color.

There is a 35 Ford Street rod (that started out a few years ago as a very nice stock restoration) that is painted that color. One of the nicest looking cars at the local cruise ins.

The caddy's that color looked great. I normally woulkd prefer white (non metallic). But GM did an amzing job with that color.

That's the damned thing about GM and it's bi-polar nature. When they get it right, they just get it soooo right....and when they get it wrong....

Chris

How about black w/ Sprinkles? :) Dark blue w/ sprinkles definitely is dirty (bird poo on my Jeep, like frosting sprinkles on a donut...but not in a good way).

...easy on the bird, he's a Hummer fan and he's allowed to express his opinion.

Here at C and G we welcome GM fans of every species.

Chris

...easy on the bird, he's a Hummer fan and he's allowed to express his opinion.

Here at C and G we welcome GM fans of every species.

Chris

I think the bird(s) conspires w/ the neighbor's cats. They leave pawprints and scratches on my hood.

Rob

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Hopefully they don't add too much new stuff for the silverado. That would make me jealous! :D

Although I like your truck just as it is...kind of simple and business like and to the point,which IMHO is what a truck should be like.

Personally ( a little off topic ) to me I wouldn't want to add or change too much about it.

Chris

I like do like black cars, but haven't owned any bitch to keep clean. Currently I own a Cranberry and Purple Pontiac's and they are a BITCH to keep clean. That is why in the past I had LIGHTER colors. My two Chevrolet's are Beige thankfully easy to keep clean looking even when they are dirty. I like metallic and non-metallic black, and the same for all colors.

• 2 weeks later...