Spy Shots: Cadillac CTS Coupe spotted undisguised

bilde_optcaddycoupe.jpg

The coming Cadillac CTS Coupe has been photographed almost naked, and as with the new Camaro, it is remarkably true to the concept. While this version in white is said to be a vanilla V6 sample, the CTS Coupe should be hot enough to effectively replace the outgoing XLR as the Caddy with the mostest when it's given some wheels large enough to match the body's presence. As for the timeline, the Coupe remains on schedule to arrive next year, preceded by the CTS Sportwagon, which will arrive this June. Hat tip to Matthew!

Autoblog

Autoweek's Spyshot Gallery

Um, it's too late for that...what with the FWD SRX, possible Lambda replacement for the Escalade, and possible FWD replacement for the STS/DTS.

No, this is a true Cadillac. It's polarizing but that's ok. It make a s statement. Plus I won't judge it until I see it fully undisguised with some good photography.

I hope they run out of money before they tarnish Cadillac's image with this monstrosity!

The rear end is foul. This car needs major rework from the rear door back!

This will be my next car, so you keep your mouth shut! LOL

From the comments page...

gmc man wrote:

In the year 2009 this is supposed to be a premium car, from Cadillac no less? Honest to God it looks like something some high school kid doodled out in study hall. Where is the styling? All the weird pointy shapes in the front end dont match up with the rest of the car. What is supposed to make this some kind of world-class luxury car? Is it extra roomy? No. 300 hp 3.6...wow...I can buy a brand new $18000 pickup with more power. Does the car ride or handle really good? Honestly what car doesn't now days? Gotta love all the injected molded plastic grill and bumpers too...those must cost all of 60 bucks to make. Maybe it has lots of neat cool little buttons all over the center console that light up at night and everything. This may be old school, but when I think luxury I'm thinking mid-eighties Fleetwood. 16 feet of get-the-f-out of my way....my chrome bumpers will blind you in direct sunlight....seats that literally swallow you when you get into them....room to stretch out on a nice vacation or road trip....and ride quality where you could drive through a moon crater with nary a shutter. Would the Fleetwood corner like a sports car? No...it's not a sport car. If you want to do that then drive a Mustang or new Camero.

lolwut?

From the comments page...

gmc man wrote:

In the year 2009 this is supposed to be a premium car, from Cadillac no less? Honest to God it looks like something some high school kid doodled out in study hall. Where is the styling? All the weird pointy shapes in the front end dont match up with the rest of the car. What is supposed to make this some kind of world-class luxury car? Is it extra roomy? No. 300 hp 3.6...wow...I can buy a brand new $18000 pickup with more power. Does the car ride or handle really good? Honestly what car doesn't now days? Gotta love all the injected molded plastic grill and bumpers too...those must cost all of 60 bucks to make. Maybe it has lots of neat cool little buttons all over the center console that light up at night and everything. This may be old school, but when I think luxury I'm thinking mid-eighties Fleetwood. 16 feet of get-the-f-out of my way....my chrome bumpers will blind you in direct sunlight....seats that literally swallow you when you get into them....room to stretch out on a nice vacation or road trip....and ride quality where you could drive through a moon crater with nary a shutter. Would the Fleetwood corner like a sports car? No...it's not a sport car. If you want to do that then drive a Mustang or new Camero.

lolwut?

Yea GMC Man is an Idiot, He has no Idea what Cadillac is about let alone the premium auto segment. Probably one of these blinded by the lights, love Asian only morons covering up his embarrasment of driving a Coffin on wheels fit in with everyone gutless wonder as gmc man.

gmc man wrote:

Calls himself a GMc man and cannot spell CamAro correctly.

You would not have a ding in the rear bumper or have to put a sticker saying "My other car is a f$cking American, bitch."

Haha I'd also have a car I didn't want. I've got good insurance for a reason.

...and it was "My other car *IS* American you asshole!" you potty mouth. :D

LoL, You think the 2 strips of tape coming off will change it much?

And my photography is good. :D

Of course it's good, I'm just pretty sure that no spyshots will look compliment a car like one that's been prepped for a photo shoot, like the photos of your Audi. :P