Rage, Hate, and the Need To Vent

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A most interesting observation, Longtooth.

I'm happy to be categorized in a different fashion.

I wouldn't want to be seen as a coquette being catty and condescending.

Or gratuitously ingratiating. Or grating just for the sake of being contrary.

Hoping I've learned to tone-down some of the drivel I've posted here. Or rather not to 'say' anything at all.

Or gratuitously ingratiating. Or grating just for the sake of being contrary.

Hoping I've learned to tone-down some of the drivel I've posted here. Or rather not to 'say' anything at all.

That is a very hard lesson to learn, but as I was told by my folks, and as I have told my kids, half of being smart is knowing when not to say anything. Some just do not learn that and end up looking moronic. (is moronic a word?) If it isn't, then I just coined it. :D

That is a very hard lesson to learn, but as I was told by my folks, and as I have told my kids, half of being smart is knowing when not to say anything. Some just do not learn that and end up looking moronic. (is moronic a word?) If it isn't, then I just coined it. :D

Not to thump my chest proudly, I would say that I agree with you, acknowledge that I have learned and I committed to continue to do so.

My Mother would counsel me: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"*

* except on the C&G boards in reference to pseudo-European *****

Not to thump my chest proudly, I would say that I agree with you, acknowledge that I have learned and I committed to continue to do so.

My Mother would counsel me: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"*

* except on the C&G boards in reference to pseudo-European *****

While were talking about parental quotes, here's a few others I use:

Pick your battles. Some are just not worth the effort.

And here's one of my favorites:

Give a man enough rope; he'll hang himself. Sometimes it's more fun to watch someone make a fool of themselves and damage their own credibility. Then it's time for :deathwatch:

While were talking about parental quotes, here's a few others I use:

Pick your battles. Some are just not worth the effort.

And here's one of my favorites:

Give a man enough rope; he'll hang himself. Sometimes it's more fun to watch someone make a fool of themselves and damage their own credibility. Then it's time for :deathwatch:

I agree wholeheartedly with your last example.

Fell victim to that one once or twice. Then Mom would say: "Don't volunteer information!!!! (with more exclamation points in her tone.

Live n' learn.

YJ, I like how your Cutlass is turning ou t- very sharp! I love the formal roofline on your car compared to the more curved '70 Olds Cutlasses that I normally see. Is that because it's a particular model? If so, what model?

Thanks, GMTG74. :)

My Cutlass has a hardtop bodystyle, but it's not a special model or anything. For the 1970 - 1972 Cutlasses, you could choose between the hardtop, fastback hardtop (the one you've most commonly seen, which I'd say is due to the popularity of the 442, which were built as fastback hardtops), the convertible, sedan, and wagon.

Choice was just that good of a thing back then.

I walked on an '86 5.0 the other day. Think I have a chance? :smilewide:

It would be a good fight, but the Cutlass would end up walking all over the Fox Box. :P

Thanks for the info on the '70-'72 Olds Cutlass. I have seen only a few of these types of Cutlasses (hardtop) over the past decade at car shows, mostly I see the fastback hardtop. I think I actually have a diecast of this type of Cutlass - I have to check my closet and/or the basement. Best of luck with both the Olds and Pontiac :AH-HA_wink:

I made a discovery about the Firebird today: it has the Y87 posi-traction differential (how do you find out, heh-heh :AH-HA_wink: ). But, if it was a Y87 car, it would have a dual-exit muffler coming off of the exhaust. My Firebird only has a single-exit system. Strange ...

Thanks for the info on the '70-'72 Olds Cutlass. I have seen only a few of these types of Cutlasses (hardtop) over the past decade at car shows, mostly I see the fastback hardtop. I think I actually have a diecast of this type of Cutlass - I have to check my closet and/or the basement. Best of luck with both the Olds and Pontiac :AH-HA_wink:

It's the opposite for me because I see more regular hardtops for sale on sites like eBay and Craigslist and in local car shows in my area. I'm not exactly sure, but I also think Oldsmobile built more hardtops versus fastback hardtops for the '70 - '72 era F-85, Cutlass, Cutlass S and Supreme. I actually even found junkyard not more than 10 miles away from me that has both a '70 and a '71 hardtop (the '71 is for sale for $300 bucks, but it's a real rust bucket; the '70 has front-end frame damage).

Edited by YellowJacket894

Have you ever owned a vehicle that you were just about to the point of actually paying someone to take it off your hands?

Yes.

My 2000 Lumina LS coupe qualifies.

SANY1134.jpg

OHHHH..NICE! Congratulations, YJ!!!!

Leave it up to me to be the one to take a different route from the rest of the crowd.

LOL! Different is good ... MOST of the time ;).

Just so you know that the Cutlass is most definitely not forgotten:

SANY1138.jpg

Oh...SWEET! I saw a similar vintage Cutlass last weekend ... and wondered how yours was coming along, YJ. VERY VERY NICE!!! :)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Time can't erase a feeling this strong" ... Mariah Carey ... 'Always Be My Baby'