Yes, I am a mutt

BTW- having difficulty 'reading' your graphic above; who is what ??

My father is the whole left side, my mother the whole right. Their fathers are on top, mothers on bottom.

So my father's father is part Irish, part French. My father's mother is Ukranian. My mother's father is Swiss and Scottish. My mother's mother is Polish.

Based on research my sister and I did a few years ago, my ancestors were 50% English and 50% Irish on my Dad's side, Scots-Irish (Ulster), Welsh, Scottish, and Native American (Cherokee) on my Mom's side..my ancestors all settled in Appalachia in the mid to late 1800s-- western Virginia, eastern Kentucky, eastern Tennesee.

This question is too easy. My Mom and Dad got married in and emigrated from a small town in southern Italy. I was born in the U.S.

I'm so damn inbred that my parents couldn't identify anybody above their great-grandparent level that came from outside of Sicily. Scary.

I've got dark hair, but no other dark features. Nobody on either side looks southern Italian, either.

Not a clue what I am....

I know that most settlers from in the Appalachians were either Scottish or Irish and I do have reddish facial hair. (LOL)

I also know that my family originally settled in Indian land and my last name has a sort of indian vibe to it.

I also know that I'm huge and a lot of people say that I look German.

So, who the hell knows?

(I'd love to actually research my family someday.

12% English (rounded down from 12.5%)

12% French (rounded down from 12.5%)

25% German

25% Finnish

26% Italian

I have the Italian last name and grew up in South Jersey, where all my neighbors last names ended in 'i' or 'o', hence the 1% add-on.

Somewhere around 1/2 English, 1/4 Irish and 1/4 German. So I'm white and pale, whoohoo :rolleyes:

Heh-heh...with my English/Irish/Welsh/Scottish/Scots-Irish heritage, I'm white and pale, and have a Midwestern body type (round and pudgy--6'0", 230). Brown eyes and balding, friends have said I look like a cross between George Costanza and Tony Soprano..:)

Mom's pretty much 100% Spanish, although it comes from both Mexico and Spain. There is a little bit of Native American sneaking around in there, but not enough for me to claim. Dad's 50/50 Irish and Danish. I usually just claim the Hispanic side despite the Irish name...

Dad's side pretty much all German, with an Irish Great Grandmother, Bernice.

Mom's maternal side Irish, paternal side Scotch-English-French.

Lineage traced back to the two presidents Adams and Jackie Kennedy on mom's side.

Edited by ocnblu

GERM0001.GIFITAL0001.GIFIREL0001.GIF

50% German, 25% Italian, 25% Irish

My mom's side both immigrated to the US from southern Germany back in the 1870s-1880s, settling in western Iowa (quite a few German Catholic towns around there).

For my dad's side, his mom's relatives immigrated from Ireland around probably 1860 or so and settled in northern Montana by the Canadian border. His dad's side immigrated from Italy in the 1890s and stayed around New York. My grandpa grew up in Queens Village.

GERM0001.GIFITAL0001.GIFIREL0001.GIF

His dad's side immigrated from Italy in the 1890s and stayed around New York. My grandpa grew up in Queens Village.

That's awesome. Some of those communities in Queens are Guido Central.

but have bright blue eyes. My wife says I have the bluest eyes she has ever seen, and my eyes are what first attracted her to me ...

You tell us over and over ... and so? :AH-HA_wink:

That's awesome. Some of those communities in Queens are Guido Central.

When I was last there in the mid '90s, it seemed to be a mixture of African American and Hispanic residents. The neighborhood also looked like it had been kept up pretty well, unlike some other areas in Queens and Brooklyn.

When I was last there in the mid '90s, it seemed to be a mixture of African American and Hispanic residents. The neighborhood also looked like it had been kept up pretty well, unlike some other areas in Queens and Brooklyn.

I should have said "historically." That ethnic segment has moved out to the suburbs. Case in point is Montreal. While there was a larger European immigrant contingent in Cote-des-Neiges/Snowdon (near St. Joseph's Oratory shrine) in the past, there is now a large Ethiopian/Eritrean community in that neighborhood...just the way things evolve.