Cadillac to Lutz: Stop with the mush

turbo200

what other cars, please i want to know because my dads $130k S600 sure doesnt, neither does our $90k Range Rover Supercharged or our $200k SL65, i dont know about maybach but im sure if your willing to pay for it they will do it for you, bentley to my knowledge doesnt.....

[post="43176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

s600? sl65? range rover SC? and you're hanging out on this site why?????? :blink: :blink:

s600?  sl65?  range rover SC?  and you're hanging out on this site why??????  :blink:  :blink:

[post="43292"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

cause i drive a cadillac escalade with 22's and my step mom drives one too and i like to keep up with the news, i really hope they improved the quality of the ride cause mine is an 02 and its going down hill, the other an 04 is much nicer but they went cheep on the gauges, the 05 looks nice, i really like the interior of the new escalade but the front isnt as imposing as the current one from what i can see in the pics and thats what i like about the escalade, its attitude and it seems to have lost that but ill wait till i see it in person before i make a final judgement

what other cars, please i want to know because my dads $130k S600 sure doesnt, neither does our $90k Range Rover Supercharged or our $200k SL65, i dont know about maybach but im sure if your willing to pay for it they will do it for you, bentley to my knowledge doesnt.....

[post="43176"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Croc....and you say I brag about our cars.....

:lol:

(shayes287, I'm just kidding....it's a long story between Croc and I.....)

The rear climate controls and center stack are awful...especially without the Nav...they could have done a whole hell of a lot better than all that black plastic...and the clock looks really cheesy and chintzy...but other than those, the interior looks pretty decent overall...

[post="42436"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I love those cartoon chics.. I am in love with "Laurafrom Dr. Katz"...so you can take it for what it's worth..yes I am a weirdo :unsure:

cause i drive a cadillac escalade with 22's and my step mom drives one too and i like to keep up with the news, i really hope they improved the quality of the ride cause mine is an 02 and its going down hill, the other an 04 is much nicer but they went cheep on the gauges, the 05 looks nice, i really like the interior of the new escalade but the front isnt as imposing as the current one from what i can see in the pics and thats what i like about the escalade, its attitude and it seems to have lost that but ill wait till i see it in person before i make a final judgement

[post="43301"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i think it's not as bad-ass as it was, but it's more 'classy' if that's the right word, with a touch of attitude.

i think the interior will look fantastic in person.

Right.  Keep telling that to yourself.  The Navigator's interior "looks" nicer.  Well, to you at least.  If you're into 1970s silver painted retro dash design and cheapo radio controls that you have to get to by lifting a useless plastic flap, then I guess it's the car for you.  I'll take the Escalade because it looks good to me and I know that bumping up against the dash won't leave a huge scar in the paint.

[post="43027"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The navigator interior and it's retro-art deco vibe is MUCH, MUCH more stylish than the 1990 Camry interiors that GM has been giving us lately. And "looks" is what I was referring to, not quality or feel since I haven't been in an Escalade yet.

First off, welcome to cheersandgears shayes287 and secondly;

Holy jellybeaned Lutz, Batman..

Merry Christmas fellow C&Gers!!!

This is EXACTLY the apprehension and feeling I've been talking about!

I was reading all the negative comments about the Escalade over at AutoSpies. I think the outside is a nice evolution of the current model. HOWEVER, the Inside is amazing. It’s the best looking SUV interior I have seen. :rolleyes: I love the way it flows and the quality really looks good. It reminds me of a Range Rover but less busy.

why would you put it in a car its meant to be in a kitchen or a bathroom in a car

[post="43164"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You could say the same thing about wood.

Granite is heavy, but for auto applications it will be a very thin veneer that's adhered to a steel backing with adhesives. Just like wood in most cars. At least from the factory, they do this so it doesn't bedome shrapnel during an accident.

it seems to have lost that but ill wait till i see it in person before i make a final judgement

Trust me, you need to see it in person. At first you may think it looks a little feminine. I did. Then I saw a 2005 on the way home. It was like looking at a Ford GT-40 and then seeing a Model T.

Granite is heavy, but for auto applications it will be a very thin veneer that's adhered to a steel backing with adhesives.  Just like wood in most cars.  At least from the factory, they do this so it doesn't bedome shrapnel during an accident.

Actually, automakers refer to it as "wood film" or "metal film" now.

Very nice and I'm sure it will be even nicer on the street. But the shots of the dark grey interior with white pillars and headliner I'm sorry but to me that screems import. It reminds me of Japanese cars where they use white to save cost. To me the thing that seperates an expensive looking interior is color coordinated things like belts dash and headliner. could it be it was done in an attempt to look more import like? If so I think its an unfortunate step backward. love the stitching on the doors and arm rests though and the rest of it is cool. Edited by SODDOFFBALDRICKZ28