Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I'd love to....

I'm not quite sure how to take that!

:lol:

Take it with the tongue in cheek nature that it was intended. I'm finally getting a sense of humor back after a good 9 months of its absence and figured I would express it a bit.

You know- it does seem to be a missing hobby component: a sort of speed shop that can order you any part, shipped to the store, buyer can hold/evaluate it in person, then buy or not. Hook up with all the aftermarket/repro vendors.

Add a few bays for work like stated: lesser resto/parts installation & performance, and you could have a happening place.

I was looking thru a thread on another board on vintage speed shops- one of which is still open right near me. Such a cool, hoppin' place, as opposed to -say- any chain autoparts stores with isles of air fresheners & neon wiper blades :rolleyes: - sorry I missed the bulk of that era. BTW- the aforementioned speed shop is really just a shadow of it's former self.

Save a bay for my B-59- I need someone to do a dry-fit of the front clip. :)

Commercial real estate prices have gone down the tubes in the last few years, how expensive would it be to pick up an old repair shop, one that has lifts and proper wiring and is up to code? :scratchchin:

You'd be surprised.

Around here, 300k wouldn't buy you an outhouse - even in this economy.

Estimated median house/condo value in 2007: $492,141

19312: $492,141

Pennsylvania: $155,000

19087: $405,976

Pennsylvania: $155,000

That price will buy you a condo or an old rundown house with a postage stamp lot - nothing more.

A new house was just built next door to my brother's place. Tiny lot, basic suburban single family home

Asking price: $975,000