my saab 9000 aero 1997

Hello i am new to the forums and thought i would post a up a picture or two. Here is my 1997 saab 9000 aero. Doing about 270 HP right now out of my 2.3L 4cyl Turbo charged engine. I have alot of new things planned for my car in the near future. My goal for this next year is to go over 400HP.!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-Kaylan Marie

A great big welcome to you, Kaylan! Beautiful Saab....the last of the pre-GM ones. I love what you've done with the engine. Wait 'till our Saab moderator sees this...he's gonna want directions to your house.....j/k :P. Stick around...you'll enjoy it here :)

400hp? Whoa, you're nuts but in a very good way. How's the fuel economy with your 270hp setup? I haven't seen many modded SAABs and a few I have weren't that great. Yours, however, muy caliente. Perfect wheels. Welcome to Cheers and Gears by the way. Enjoy the forums! :)

nice little saab there i like that first pic it makes the hood look mega long and mega awesome car good job with the HP if ya have any more reflective numbers like QM, torque, 0-60, those would be great..... not estimates though real numbers btw im veeerrrry glad (but in a innocent way) to welcome you as one of the few female members of C&G glad to have ya with us

My stock wheels are back on (for winter of course) so the ones in the lower pictures are on at the moment... i know it doesnt look as flashy like that but who cares... it saves my nice rims from getting beat up in the bad winter weather...! Thanks to everyone for the nice welcome. There are a few GREAT modded saabs who have just recently registered on this forum. I have a feeling you will be seeing us posting around a bit more now. We got wind that people didnt know to much about these great cars on this forum so we thought we would stop in and show our rides off a bit. Nothing wrong with that... right? =) My gas mileage right now is around 23-25MPG. Could be alot better if i didnt drive like a maniac everywhere i go. my 0-60 stock time is around 6.5 so i assume it would be alot lower then that now. Some projects i am working on right now are making a new custom grill... and front body kit... with an opening in the front to see the intercooler. We will see how that works out. Id also like to make more body lines around the fog lights. Maybe push them back a little bit... and frame them? Then a CF hood.... and new paint on the whole front end. No i dont have ALOT of money. I work very hard for everything i do for my car. Modifying a saab is nope cheap in any way. Parts are very expensive and shipping each part from europe doesnt help in any way. Alot of things we do to our cars is done ourselves or by other friends in the community. Alot of work goes into changing a saab. Its worth every second and every penny i have ever spent on it though! -Kaylan Marie

Hey look, it's a girl! :P Neat car. I checked out your car domain and your car looks nice, from the sounds of it, must be quick too. You planning any suspension modifications? For "driving like a maniac" you sure do get great mileage...I could only wish I got that good of mileage...but my 15mpg isn't even close...Have you taken it to any strips at all? Or do you have any interesting kill stories you'd like to share? I also notice you're in the process of having a LSD built for it. what's your ratio and lockup on it, and if you don't mind me asking, how much is that gonna run you? I'd love to get a LSD on my car, though I know they aren't cheap. This thread is making me want to snap some shots of my car...I have some initially when I first got the car, but since then I've done stuff to it and I don't think I have posted any shots of it for my fellow C&G members to see...of course, right now it is a mess, sitting out on the street, lifeless (I knew I needed to replace the clutch, and I ordered a performance clutch pack for it friday...later that night my throwout bearing went out on me...needless to say, the clutch is fried and my car is undriveable until next week sometime when my clutch comes in) Oh, btw, you can go for a ride in my bimmer any time :AH-HA_wink: Edited by Nick

Ive got some nice beemer storys B) thanks for the compliments. Ive got alot of upgrades coming over the next year.... suspension im going to go with koni shocks and some abbott racing sport springs... the car is going to hopefully hit the 400hp mark during the next year? thats what the goal is... after i get my new performance transmission in it will be able to handle getting that much power... i also have alot to do to the exterior as well. Im going to be in cali sometime this coming summer... going to be driving down and meeting up with one of the saab clubs down there... maybe we could meet up and go for a drive? -Kaylan Marie

Sounds awesome, I live pretty much off of Decker canyon and Mulholland canyon and that general area which as I am sure you have heard are some pretty badass roads for driving, and then there's always PCH for a nice cruise, we'll deffinitely have to schedule some drives. Edited by Nick

WOW! Stunning. And the car's not bad either. :P Welcome to the crazy world that is C&G. 270HP out of a 2.3 liter 4-cylinder engine is pretty darn good, at 400 you'll have to start beefing up a lot of components. I can't imagine the stock trans and axles will handel 400hp. Anyway, thanks for the pics. and once again, WELCOME! :) - Silvester EDIT* re-read you last post about hi-perf. trans. nevermind. Edited by Sixty8panther

thanks again to everyone for the welcome! i should have some new photos sometime next week...? after i put on my European headlights and finish the grill i am working on :AH-HA_wink:

thanks again to everyone for the welcome! i should have some new photos sometime next week...? after i put on my European headlights and finish the grill i am working on  :AH-HA_wink:

[post="47046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hey there purdy lady! :AH-HA_wink:

I hope the grille you speak of involves body colour surround with the mesh you added. I've never seen a SAAB done that way, and think it would look sweet with the Euros.

Of course, your car is sweet as is. B)

Hey there purdy lady!  :AH-HA_wink:

I hope the grille you speak of involves body colour surround with the mesh you added. I've never seen a SAAB done that way, and think it would look sweet with the Euros.

Of course, your car is sweet as is.  B)

[post="48735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AGAIN thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!!! :CG_all: <--- thats funny to me hehe.

and as a matter of fact the grill i speak of does involve body color surround with the mesh (painted body color as well) and the eyebrows molded down over the headlights and into the grill at an angle. Will look very very nice.... ! I cant wait to be finished. As soon as i get over this illness i have fallen to i will be able to work on it a little more!

Hopefully i will have new photos soon...

-Kaylan Marie

p.s. the URGE to buy a saab is sometimes UNCONTROLLABLE. haha. i had 3 at one point and i was only 17 :blink: .... yeah you dont want to see our yard....

Yeah, I've got pretty much the same problem... some random car always follows me home like a puppy Dog. A few months ago I had the following in my driveway: - 1968 Chevy Camaro - 1969 Chevy Camaro (with a 454 out of a '70 Chevelle, sold it for my friend Sean) - 1984 Datsun Maxima - 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - 1990 Mitsubishi Sigma (installing front struts for a friend) - 1993 Mazda 626 (was supposed to be a demolition derby car) - 1997 Cadillac STS Today, as I look out the window here's what I see: - 1968 Chevy Camaro - 1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - 1983 Volvo 240 sedan (stripped out & crashed at the Demolition Derby) - 1984 Datsun Maxima - 1997 Cadillac STS I also had a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme sitting in my yard for a while last month... more on that later. Edited by Sixty8panther

well i hope ya get better there Big K

i wanna see what you speak of for this grill i cant quite picture it in my mind
sounds awesome though and it sounds good that you work on and modify your own car

[post="49716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Pictures in a week or so.... im sick AGAIN (going back to the doc for the 5th time this week...) but will have done enough for photos hopefully by monday.... B)

-Kaylan Marie

SAABS ROCK ^_^

Pictures in a week or so.... im sick AGAIN (going back to the doc for the 5th time this week...) but will have done enough for photos hopefully by monday....  B)

-Kaylan Marie

SAABS ROCK  ^_^

[post="51271"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

good deal dont die

• 2 weeks later...
yeah thats the first stage of the new grill. Its going to be sweet when its finished. Im going to start actively working on it again today... ive been slacking. Im going to hopefully get alot done over the next week. I just work so much i have no time! -Kaylan Marie

Nice tablecloth under the grille. :P

Nice tablecloth under the grille. :P

[post="58066"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:unsure: Its actually a sheet to our spare bed in the basement haha

:AH-HA_wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Why that's a mighty fancy buckboard ya got there, ma'am. :lol: All kidding aside your ride is most excellent. I'm not a Saab fan one bit but there's an exception to every rule and I think I've found it. Welcome to the board!

• 4 weeks later...

THANKS everyone for all of the nice comments... and whoever posted up the last picture of my grill thanks, and i dont mind at all! And heres an updated picture for all of you... its finally finished... painted... and on my car! =)

Posted Image

Looks sweet huh?? I will do a good photoshoot of my car as soon as i put in my performance transmission and new clutch and get the thing out of the dark garage :( .... shouldnt be to much longer now! Also need to put those shiney 18" rims back on! Let me know what you think about the new grill. LOOKS MEAN DOESNT IT? blacked-out is the way to go :CG_all:

That's a great looking car. I hope that you are able to have a lot of fun with it and just like everyone else has said on here, you don't see that many modded Saab's around here, or anywhere but Europe, I would suppose. It looks great and I wish you the best of luck and since I'm the late-comer on the whole deal, welcome aboard.

The guys at my work (saab cadillac hummer dealersihp) say: "your supposed to be at home making muffins, not car parts" HAHA i thought that was 'cute' -Kaylan Marie :)