Chris_Doane

You can see where the camo has been "pealed off" this preproduction tester. Just look at the markings above the actual head lights. Has to be the same truck you shot earlier in the year Chris but obviously with less camo.

if the full size market is leveling out, i wouldn't be surprised if GM gained more share of that market 65-70% with the new SUV's. I think nissan buyers will be driven back once they compare the cheap plastic and REALLY REALLY bad reliability. i'm curious how the GL and Q7 will sell...

I have 180000 miles on my 2001 suburban and the only thing i have ever had to replace is tires...so as far as a chevy not being reliable...i don't know about that.

[post="42857"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow! How the heck did you drive that much in 4-5 years? :o

I think our '04 just rolled over 24k, which we thought was a lot for only 1.5 years. Guess not! Edited by caddycruiser

Does anyone know about the engine options for the 2500 series GMT900's? I know about the 6.2 But are they going to be bringing back the 8.1? And also, heard at one point that GM was thinking about having the Duramax in the GMT900's........Does anyone have any info?

B) Good chance it could be since they have hinted at the diesel in it. This will truly give the Expedition XL a run for it's money. I truly believe Chevy and GMC will keep their title for the best selling SUV on the road and reliability. Nice job Scharmer05, that is a sweet amount of miles on your suburban. I have a 1994 that hit 350,000 this summer and just could not pull like it used to so I just got it back with a custom 406 in the bay and boy does my baby pull. Course I have been wanting diesel all along but did not like the noise or poor milage of the Excursion. I will say, I wish GM would copy FORD in this regards, mini stage coach doors and a tip up glass door. I like that over the large all in one door that goes up. Otherwise, my Suburban like all totally rocks! B)

I will say, I wish GM would copy FORD in this regards, mini stage coach doors and a tip up glass door.  I like that over the large all in one door that goes up. 

Otherwise, my Suburban like all totally rocks! B)

[post="43069"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

GM had those doors on the Astro/Safari vans, at least as an option. I do belive they even had them before the Excursion did. Why GM didn't option them on the 800s I couldn't even venture to guess.

Those stupid doors are too many pieces, are too much of a potential rattle source, are unattractive to most buyers (the full liftgate with flip up glass is the best of both worlds, IMHO), etc., etc. They were interesting on the Astro and Excursion, but only to a select few. Edited by caddycruiser

Does anyone know about the engine options for the 2500 series GMT900's? I know about the 6.2 But are they going to be bringing back the 8.1? And also, heard at one point that GM was thinking about having the Duramax in the GMT900's........Does anyone have any info?

[post="42931"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

heard gms got a v6 duramax there toying with its supposed to have the basic 6 speed auto but they said it would be 08 or even 09 before the try it.....i want to see the new Av when will the camo come off??? dont like the new bumpers look way to costly to fix

Those stupid doors are too many pieces, are too much of a potential rattle source, are unattractive to most buyers (the full liftgate with flip up glass is the best of both worlds, IMHO), etc., etc.  They were interesting on the Astro and Excursion, but only to a select few.

[post="43170"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

<_< I totally Disagree, take a woman who is 5'8" and has to bend over a flip down tailgate to get things in or out of the back of a suburban. 91z4me is correct that the astro van had them before the Excursion and why GM did not see the benefit of putting them on a 4x4 like the suburban is beyond me. Probably did not do the market research or stayed only in Detroit and did not get out to the other markets, but my wife is not the only one that wished they had mini stage coach doors for ease of getting things into and out of the back of a suburban.

As far as the rattle noise issue, I again disagree as Ford has not had a noise problem with their design. All doors can be tight and quite with the right seals, locks, hings etc. Flip up glass is great for better visability yet with out the mini doors, I would not want a flip down tail gate. I will take the stage coach doors everytime over a flip down tail gate. IMO.

I think if they did this they would sell many of them. The large flip up door is not easy for woman or small men to open and close. For us 6'6" tall guys, we hit our head on it, again not a good form / function design.

GM would do well with the Flip up glass and mini stage coach doors being added to the Suburban. I think sales would be greater than most people realize as I have heard many a suburban owner here in Seattle wish they had that door setup on the back of Excursions. Could also explain why they sell so well here. Course both makers SUV's sell well here. ^_^

<_<  I totally Disagree, take a woman who is 5'8" and has to bend over a flip down tailgate to get things in or out of the back of a suburban. 

[post="43445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What flip-down tailgate? They killed that on the last gen, and that isn't even available on any other ute' on the market, save for the oddball BMW and Land Rover.

The liftgate on the GMT-800's and 900's is just one big piece that all flips up, or just the glass flips up. Yes, it still might be a little difficult for shorter people to use effectively, but so would be using the upper section of the dutch doors.

Then again, a lot of the new ute's will have the power opening and closing feature (one of, I think, the BEST features ever :AH-HA_wink: ), so ease of use should be at a maximum.

Judging by these spy pics, it looks like it does have the split-door rear, you can kind of see it in this picture.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/scrapbook-...1071&Position=2

[post="43532"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, it doesn't. That's the same full liftgate with flip-up glass as they've been using since '00. And that'll be the ONLY available configuration, ever since they last dropped the cargo doors option in '04.

Wow it looks like the gmt900 engineers really slopped the camo on this suburban up in a few minutes... i mean it looks like a bunch of 4th graders camoed this car...imo...

Wow it looks like the gmt900 engineers really slopped the camo on this suburban up in a few minutes... i mean it looks like a bunch of 4th graders camoed this car...imo...

[post="43682"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think the more interesting point is that it even HAS camo on it at all. Everybody in the world knows that the Suburban is just a lengthened version of the Tahoe, so what's the big deal in letting it show?

It's not like the "official" intro is going to be all that monumental or exciting, or show anything we haven't already seen.

No, it doesn't.  That's the same full liftgate with flip-up glass as they've been using since '00.  And that'll be the ONLY available configuration, ever since they last dropped the cargo doors option in '04.

Too bad about the barn doors not being an option anymore.

One rationale I heard for them from a buddy of mine that hauls trailers is that they could be opened when the trailer is hooked up (couldn't lower a tailgate or swing up a hatch in the same space).

Too bad about the barn doors not being an option anymore.   

One rationale I heard for them from a  buddy of mine that hauls trailers is that they could be opened when the trailer is hooked up (couldn't lower a tailgate or swing up a hatch in the same space).

[post="43955"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yep, that's exactly the reason why people did like the cargo doors--particularly when towing. Regardless, the taking rate apparently wasn't high enough for the General to keep them around as an option, so off they went.