Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

2010 FORD FUSION S TEST DRIVE

14 posts in this topic

Will write up later today. First thought is that the writeup in recent car and driver about this car is very spot on for the most part. Also, the engine, quietness, refinement and shifter are all very good. Car is comfortable and very agreeable. Perhaps lacking in style (beyond the new beak and tail).

Versus my last couple experiences in Fusions, the car seems vastly improved. The sales person with me on the drive echoed that he thought major improvements were made.

Autoblog tested a Fusion SE with 6 speed manual, and came away impressed. This would be the one I'd be most interested in, budgetwise.

I went around looking at cars yesterday. I came away very impressed with the Fusion. The updates Ford has given this sedan have made a world of difference. The front end treatment looks great in the flesh (or metal and plastic). I can't believe I'm saying this, but this car might be at the top of the mainstream midsize sedan class as far as I'm concerned. It looks good (and sort of sporty), has a competitive fuel efficient base engine combo, and is attractively priced; it seems Ford has covered all the bases with this round of updates.

I also looked at the updated Mercury Milan, but it didn't "wow" me like the Fusion did. The Fusion's new front/rear treatment seem much more integrated into the overall design of the car than the Milan's restyling. The Fusion was definitely the looker of the two.

I haven't seen a new Fusion in person yet...I like the styling of the original one. One thing I've always liked about the Fusion are the angular lines, not overly rounded and soft, more of a crisp, folded shape.

The local Ford store got their first 10 Fusion last week. Its a Sport Blue Fusion Sport AWD. I love the styling of it. Very aggressive. The inside looks quality, too. This particular one had the upgraded two tone leather with the blue inserts. Looked really cool.

The Fusion has been a sharp looking car since Ford brought it to production. If I was looking at buying a car I would definatly consider it.

Edited by Daryl 83

saw a new fusion at a park the other day, looks good, but i just drove by it, didn't get out to look at it.

I also looked at the updated Mercury Milan, but it didn't "wow" me like the Fusion did. The Fusion's new front/rear treatment seem much more integrated into the overall design of the car than the Milan's restyling. The Fusion was definitely the looker of the two.

I saw a few at the Ford dealership the other day while out of town in Northern Cal. They are sensible all the way around. I saw a couple of hybrids and a couple of base-engine equipped ones. It would be a serious contender in my book if I was shopping today. Now, at the first iteration, I liked the Milan more. I've yet to see the new Milan.

Waiting to see a new Taurus, too...

Im glad to see updates coming to new cars in a steady pace. In old times, Ford would let a cars like Tempo rot for 7 years, and not care. Now, the Fusion is only 4 years old and already updated!

...at the first iteration, I liked the Milan more. I've yet to see the new Milan.

saw+sat_in the 2010 Milan the other day

liked it much more than in pix - quietly upscale, very tasteful, just avant garde enough: in & out

the Hybrid's IP just blew my mind even tho I've seen videos & pix... THAT's a Production car?!?

'course I've only seen the '10 Fusion on the street so far, which makes a difference imho

it was a bit more 'brash', perhaps less 'rich'? - I'd say, "All according to plan"

^just imho^

I saw a 2010 Fusion Sport on the road yesterday... it looked great, although initially my first impression as it came up behind me was that the grille was too gaudy, overdone. The rest of the car I thought looked great.

I've seen only one '10 Fusion so far...a white Hybrid at a suburban Denver area mall last Friday. Looks sharp, nice MCE overall.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room