music

mute

yeah guys so i made this to share tunes and tastes, its because i was listening to the gorillaz, feel good inc. i was thinking to myself, man this song is really stupid, then i ended up listening to it over and over again and i found i didint really hate it at all, i was talking to my friend, and i figured out why. . . . its becuase they have a big black man laughing, no joke, im not rascist or anythingm but big black men laughing have become a symbol of pop culture, and this song plays on that, just something me and him noticed, and by the way, hes a 6.5 tall 320 lb black dude, no joke, we were laughing our asses off not only that i actually just like the song cuz its really goofy and funky, reminds me of the old days in like 1984 and shite with that techno funk music

Anything and everything. On my radio I have 2 country stations, 2 rock stations, and 2 "current hits" stations. My playlist consists of Metallica, Pearl Jam, Garth Brooks, Busta Rhymes, DMX and everything in between. The only things I don't like is pop music, thug "hardcore" rap, punk rock, and death metal.

Feel Good Inc. is a cool song...I could listen to it all day... I for one listen to a lot of different music...I stay away from rap/r&b/country/emo/boy band groups type of stuff... I listen to a lot of Metallica, a lot of death metal and heavy metal...Pantera, Children of Bodom, Slayer, Megadeth, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Disturbed etc... I also listen to oldies, I love rock and classic rock,right now I'm listening to some Yes, I also lsiten to santana, pink floyd, queen, led zepplin, Jethro Tull, Van Halen, AC/DC, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Dire Straits, Journey, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, blah blah blah etc... As you can see I have a pretty wide taste in music, but I mainly stick to the harder stuff...

Seems to me we had this topic not so long ago in the old forums. Ah, well. :CG_all: I'm currently listening to "Black History Month" by Death From Above 1979. Can't get enough of that song. FYI, the title is meant to be a double entendre... they're not racists or anything.

Currently in my GA's cd player is Eminem's Marshall Mather's LP... Before that, it was Eminem's Slim Shady LP... And Before that it was Eminem's Encore *bonus disc*. Way before that was Eminem's Encore LP. And way way before that is was Eminem's The Eminem Show LP. :D But other than Em... I also like Green Day, Papa Roach, System of a Down, Korn, Slipknot, Metallica, AC/DC, and Ozzy Osbourne.

I'm currently stuck on the newest Queens of the Stone Age (Lullabies to Paralyze) and Lous XIV (The Best Little Secrets are Kept) albums. They are both excellent, and I must have listened to each complete album at least 5 times in the past week.

Feel Good Inc. is a cool song...I could listen to it all day...

I for one listen to a lot of different music...I stay away from rap/r&b/country/emo/boy band groups type of stuff...

I listen to a lot of Metallica, a lot of death metal and heavy metal...Pantera, Children of Bodom, Slayer, Megadeth, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Disturbed etc...

I also listen to oldies, I love rock and classic rock,right now I'm listening to some Yes, I also lsiten to santana, pink floyd, queen, led zepplin, Jethro Tull, Van Halen, AC/DC, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Dire Straits, Journey, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, blah blah blah etc... As you can see I have a pretty wide taste in music, but I mainly stick to the harder stuff...

[post="3080"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Im with Nick on this one, he didnt mention Savatage Symphony X Queenryche Megadeth

I do listen to country but I need just a certain mood
I also listen to stuff like Nora Jones, always have, I like funky jazz too.
I also like classical but dont tune in very often
Im really get a groove going with big band music, as well as what they call "standards" I just recently bought a Frank Sanatra early years CD.

I can listen to that and then Dream Theater and think nothing of it.

No rap or bull shit music for me like pop though I can still get into the beat when forced to hear it.

Right now I have the sweet music of a 72 312PB flat 12 Ferrari running a track. It pleases me.

Im with Nick on this one, he didnt mention Savatage Symphony X Queenryche Megadeth

I can listen to that and then Dream Theater and think nothing of it.

[post="3310"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good taste in music. :) The only one out of those you listed that I don't know of is Symphony X. All the others I either have multiple albums by or lots of songs downloaded.

*chuckles*

I have very eclectic tastes....

A sampling:

"Why can't that be me?" ... 3 Doors Down ... 'If I Could Be Like That'

"I can’t take anymore" ... 3rd Eye Blind ... 'How's It Going To Be'

"I'm just out to find the better part of me" ... 5 For Fighting ... 'Superman'

"There's no better time than today" ... 9 Days ... 'Good Friend'

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

"Who's gonna hold me tonight?" ... Trace Adkins ... 'Help Me Understand'

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

"I know I told you that I could survive" ... Deborah Allen ... 'Baby I Lied'

"You probably won’t remember me" ... Jan Arden ... 'Insensitive'

"We're outta here" ... Steve Azar ... 'I Don't Have To Be Me 'Til Monday'

"It's hard to tell if I exist" ... Barenaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

"I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before" ... Ben Folds 5 ... 'Brick'

"Come pick me up" ... Ben Folds ... 'Landed'

"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

"We've misplaced feelings that we used to know" ... John Berry ... 'Standing On The Edge Of Goodbye'

"We missed a page or 2 somehow" ... Suzy Boggus ... 'Cinderella'

"It's a no-win situation" ... Michael Bolton ... 'How Can We Be Lovers?'

"I should've drove all night" ... BonJovi ... 'Misunderstood'

"Heaven knows how long it's been since I felt so out of place" ... Garth Brooks ... 'Learning To Live Again'

"What kind of love keeps breaking a heart?" ... Brooks & Dunn ... 'Long Goodbye'

"Where have you gone?" ... Glen Campbell ... 'Still Within The Sound Of My Voice'

"I'm going to make it to heaven" ... Irene Cara ... 'Fame'

"Just when I think that I can make it without you, you come around & say you want me now" ... Rosanne Cash ... 'I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me'

"The stars might lie, but the numbers never do" ... Mary Chapin-Carpenter ... 'I Feel Lucky'

"I'll be with you" ... Cheap Trick ... 'The Flame'

"We all have a song that somehow touched our lives" ... Kenney Chesney ... 'I Go Back'

"Get the word out" ... Collective Soul ... 'Feeling Better Now'

"There's so much I need to say to you" ... Phil Collins ... 'Take A Look At Me Now / Against All Odds'

"How can anybody be so lucky?" ... John Conlee ... 'Domestic Life'

"If you'll hand me my crayons, I'll be glad to take your name" ... John Conlee ... 'I Don't Remember Loving You'

"After so many dreams have fallen through, it's time that 1 came true" ... Earl Thomas Conley ... 'Nobody Falls Like A Fool'

"Why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you & me" ... Coolio ... 'Gangsta's Paradise'

"It's time to take a leap of faith" ... Steven Curtis Chapman ... 'Dive'

"There's things goin' on make me mad down to the core" ... Charlie Daniels ... 'Simple Man'

"Fire me up" ... Def Leopard ... 'Pour Some Sugar On Me'

"Put off today what you can do tomorrow, sometimes you don’t do the thing" ... Diamond Rio ... 'In A Week Or 2'

"You were history with the slamming of the door" ... Celine Dion ... 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'

"Don't look now, things just got worse" ... Dog's Eye View ... 'Everything Falls Apart'

"My arms are wide open & will always be" ... Emerson Drive ... 'Fall Into Me'

"Everybody's looking for something" ... Eurythmics ... 'Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)'

"Wake me up inside" ... Evanescence ... 'Bring Me To Life'

"I see our time has gotten stale" ... Eve 6 ... 'Inside Out'

"Time will heal the pain" ... Exile ... 'Even Now'

"Wouldn't that be something?" ... Finger 11 ... '1 Thing'

"You have to try again" ... Janie Fricke ... 'You Don't Know Love'

"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" ... Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers ... 'Broken Lady'

"Relight the flame when it's cold"...Godsmack...'Serenity'

"You were never really ever here" ... Goo Goo Dolls ... 'Here Is Gone'

"It was worth all the while" ... Green Day ... 'Time Of Your Life'

"I walk alone" ... GreenDay ... 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'

"Nothing lasts forever" ... Guns N Roses ... 'November Rain'

"There must be a reason for this pain I’m going through" ... Merle Haggard ... 'A Better Love Next Time'

"We believe in tomorrow, but we're stuck in today" ... Hall & Oates ... 'So Close (Yet So Far Away)'

"I'm out of my pain" ... Beth Hart ... 'LA Song'

"I just turned around & there's nobody there" ... Heart ... 'Stranded'

"I didn't mean to take away your dreams" ... Hootie & The Blowfish ... 'Only Lonely'

"I should ask, but I won't" ... Rebecca Lynn Howard ... 'Forgive'

"Welcome me to stay overnight" ... Ingrim Hill ... 'Will I Ever Make It Home?'

"I'd try to run, but I don't think I can" ... Waylon Jennings ... 'Ain't Living Long Like This"

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

"Maybe pretty much always means no....nobody likes to be let down" ... Jack Johnson ... 'Flake'

"It's not the car I want" ... George Jones ... 'The Corvette Song'

"I ain't ready for the junkyard yet" ... George Jones ... 'I Don't Need Your Rocking Chair'

"We all do the best we can" ... Blain Larson ... 'How Do You Get That Lonely?'

"If you fall, I will catch you" ... Cindy Lauper ... 'Time After Time'

"Chances that a fool takes, never knowing when to stop" ... Johnny Lee ... 'You Could've Heard A Heart Break'

"I missed a million miles of fun" ... Len ... 'Steal My Sunshine'

"So much more aware" ... Linkin Park ... 'Numb'

"I'm not the only person with these things in mind" ... Linkin Park ... 'Somewhere I Belong'

"Those might be the best days we will ever know" ... Little Texas ... 'What Might've Been'

"I don't know where we'll go, but it beats where we're at" ... Lonestar ... 'What About Now'

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot where I was" ... Patty Loveless ... 'I Try To Think About Elvis'

"All the places I have yet to go; I'm looking forward to tomorrow" ... Luce ... 'Good Day'

"How do we explain something that took us by surprise?" ... Richard Marx ... 'Hold Onto The Nights'

"I must be lonely" ... Matchbox 20 ... '3 am'

"Walking back into my life" ... Kathy Mattea ... 'Walking Away A Winner'

"I know you can hear me, but I'm not sure you're listening" ... Martina McBride ... 'Whatever You Say'

"Let freedom ring" ... Martina McBride ... 'Independence Day'

"How could I be so blind?" ... Charly McClain ... 'Who's Cheating Who'

"Back in 1876 an old boy named Bell invented a contraption that we know so well" ... Reba McEntire ... 'Why Haven't I Heard From You?'

"Time is a friend" ... Reba McEntire ... 'Is There Life Out There?'

"A little vacation, ain't asking very much" ... Tim McGraw ... 'All I Want Is A Life'

"Don't let your life pass you by" ... Sarah McLachlan ... 'I Will Remember You'

"I'm sick & tired of being politically correct" ... John Mellencamp ... 'Peaceful World'

"Got a lead foot down on my accelerator" ... Jodee Messina ... 'Bye Bye Bye'

"It goes so fast" ... Jodee Messina ... 'Was That My Life?'

"Lately I've been thinking I should move away" ... Eddy Money ... 'I'll Get By'

"What I really need is an open road" ... Montgomery Gentry ... 'Speed'

"There's a place for memories" ... Gary Morris ... 'Don't Look Back'

"I've always seen myself as a hopeless romantic" ... Gary Morris & Crystal Gayle ... 'Another World'

"It's kinda like Nashville, with a tan" ... Shawn Mullins ... 'Rockabye'

"I never meant to leave you alone" ... Michael Martin Murphy ... 'Don't Count The Rainy Days'

"But those days are gone" ... Anne Murray ... 'Time Don't Run Out On Me'

"The life I love is making music with my friends" ... Willie Nelson ... 'On The Road Again'

"That's the price that we all pay" ... New Order ... 'True Faith'

"I can’t stop driving" ... New Radicals ... 'Someday We'll Know'

"Never thought you'd be the one in the darkness now" ... Juice Newton ... 'Old Flame'

"Are we having fun yet?" ... Nickelback ... 'This Is How You Remind Me'

"Wondering...why I even care" ... Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... 'Modern Day Romance'

"Someday tomorrow will smile" ... Oak Ridge Boys ... 'Dream On'

"Someday you will find me" ... Oasis ... 'Champaign Supernova'

"How much can you take?" ... Oleander ... 'Hands Off The Wheel'

"I hope you remember me" ... Our Lady Peace ... 'Somewhere Out There'

"Where do you begin?" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Starting Over Again'

"You better not try to stand in my way" ... J Paycheck ... 'Take This Job & Shove It'

"I can't stay on your morfeine, cause it's making me itch" ... Pink ... 'Just Like A Pill'

"I argue with my conscience" ... Charlie Pride ... 'Shouldn't It Be Easier Than This?'

"Everything is so messed up" ... Puddle of Mud ... 'Blurry'

"I'm testing my resistance & it's wearing mighty thin" ... Eddie Rabbitt ... 'Every Which Way But Loose'

"Life has been patiently waiting for me" ... Rascal Flatts ... 'I'm Moving On'

"I could never get enough" ... Eddy Raven ... 'I Could Use Another You'

"Without you, I'm not me" ... Colin Raye ... 'Little Rock'

"Ever wonder if it's all for you?" ... Red Hot Chili Peppers ... 'Can't Stop'

"This is not where you belong" ... Restless Heart ... 'Why Does It Have To Be (Wrong or Right)?"

"Something's haunting you" ... Marty Robbins ... 'Some Memories Just Won't Die'

"Every hands a winner & every hands a loser" ... Kenny Rogers ... 'The Gambler'

"I close my eyes & dream away" ... Roxette ... 'It Must've Been Love'

"I just can't anymore this life of solitude" ... Saliva ... 'Always'

"My depth perception must be off again" ... Saliva ... 'Rest In Pieces'

"Can you believe what a year it's been, are you still the same?" ... Savage Garden ... 'I Don't Know You Anymore'

"This heart is gonna mend just fine" ... Sawyer Brown ... 'This Night Won't Last Forever'

"I may lose the battle, but I love the fight" ... John Schneider ... 'Love, You Ain't Seen The Last Of Me'

"It hurts to feel like such a fool" ... Dan Seals ... 'Addicted'

"I'm not scared now" ... Seether ... 'Fine Again'

"I'm thinking it over anyway" ... Duncan Sheik ... 'Barely Breathing'

"I know there’s so much more to life" ... Vonda Shepard ... 'Searchin' My Soul'

"I'm fading away" ... Simple Plan ... 'Untitled'

"Nothing lasts forever" ... Simple Plan ... 'Perfect'

"I'm not fine" ... Sister Hazel ... 'You're Mistake'

"I need to get away from this place" ... Smashmouth ... 'All Star'

"A heart that's hopeful, a head that's full of dreams" ... Michael W Smith ... 'Place In This World'

"We'll keep you close as always" ... Michael W Smith ... 'Friends'

"How should I feel when it comes to you & all the games you play?" ... Social Burn ... 'Down'

"I should've done what I'm going to do a long time ago" ... Joel Sonnier ... 'No More 1 More Time'

"So tired that I couldn't even sleep" ... Soul Asylum ... 'Runaway Train'

"Do you remember me, too?" ... Stereo Fuse ... 'Everything'

"What happened next is hard to tell" ... Ray Stevens ... 'Mississippi Squirrel Revival'

"We got mountains to climb" ... Rod Stewart ... 'Broken Arrow'

"I don't need to be" ... Stone Sour ... 'Bother'

"No one's there to talk or understand" ... Sugar Ray ... 'Falls Apart'

"I got 1 shot left" ... Sylvia ... 'Nobody'

"I'm dying inside" ... The Tony Rich Project ... 'Nobody Knows'

"Things have changed since you've been gone" ... Pam Tillis ... 'Land Of The Living'

"I’m not afraid things won’t get better, but it feels like this has gone on forever" ... Toad The Wet Sprocket ... 'Good Intentions'

"This is not where you belong" ... Trapt ... 'Head Strong'

"I'm in a state of confusion, I hope things aren't what they seem" ... Travis Tritt ... 'Tell Me I Was Dreaming'

"Your heart is in serious danger" ... Tanya Tucker & T Graham Brown ... 'Don't Go Out'

"I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by" ... Bonnie Tyler ... 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'

"Something is wrong here, I don't belong here" ... Uncle Cracker ... 'In A Little While'

"There comes a time when we heed a certain call" ... USA For Africa ... 'We Are The World'

"Nothing's quite the same now" ... Vertical Horizon ... 'Best I Ever Had'

"I'm doing better than I thought I would" ... Wallflowers ... 'When You're On Top'

"Just for a moment I held you too close, now I’m all out of time & I don’t want to let go" ... Steve Wariner ... 'The Weekend'

"Don’t you knock on my door, I won’t be home anymore" ... Jennifer Warnes ... 'I Know A Heartache When I See 1'

"The only thing changing is my way of thinking" ... Dottie West ... 'A Lesson in Leaving'

"I kept my heart hidden" ... Bryan White ... 'So Much For Pretending'

"I'm walking down the lonely street of dreams, going down the only road I've ever known" ... Whitesnake ... 'Here I Go Again On My Own'

"I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'" ... Mark Wills ... '19 something'

"I thought that time would cure" ... Tom Wopat ... 'A Little Bit Closer'

"Watch over them for me" ... Daryl Worley ... 'If Something Should Happen'

"I'm a little nervous, not sure if I shoulda put it in writing" ... Chely Wright ... 'Single White Female'

"I ain't up to being strong now" ... Wynonna ... 'Is It Over Yet'

Cort, "Mr Road Trip" / soon2be ex-"Mr MC", 31swm/pig valve/pacer
MCfamily.models.HO.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
IL & area MCs = http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/imcog/
MC's future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/

Only two things I will share: -Just got Amerie's Touch album today. That piece is quite nice. -Y'all can keep the death metal. And oh yeah, reggaeton is annoying too.....

(after knightfan's long post)

A life.  Get one.

[post="3565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Heh. I have one, thank you. Maybe you didn't see my post about my 2-week road trip? ;)

I didn't type all of that out tonight ... I have that saved as a file for reference ... which I add to whenever I hear a song that means something to me, in whatever way....

Heh.  I have one, thank you.  Maybe you didn't see my post about my 2-week road trip? ;)

I didn't type all of that out tonight ... I have that saved as a file for reference ... which I add to whenever I hear a song that means something to me, in whatever way....

[post="3581"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I probably should have added that I was just joking around.....too late now.

I saw XM mentioned in this thread and it reminded me that I wanted to post something about XM. Is it just me, or is XM starting to really slack off in getting the edge over sirius when it comes to adding content.... I know they are losing NASCAR here soon and they are losing the Playboy Station and Discovery..... I bought XM for NASCAR and cause GM was backing it, but I think I'm going to switch to Sirius.... I listen to XM 6,7,8,11, and Top Tracks usually

Knight, that is a pretty good collection of music there. Third Eye Blind makes great roadtrip music. Semisonic's Feeling Strangely Fine album and the Goo Goo Dolls' A Boy Named Goo are also great cds for road trippin, not a single song that needs to be skipped. On the subject of music, why did anyone ever like Coheed & Cambria?

Knight, that is a pretty good collection of music there.

*nods*

Thank you, Satty! I have, as you can tell, rather eclectic tastes in music. On top of that, I seem to have a "library" of quotes that I can pick'n'choose from as the situation/mood warrants ;).

Third Eye Blind makes great roadtrip music.  Semisonic's Feeling Strangely Fine album and the Goo Goo Dolls' A Boy Named Goo are also great cds for road trippin, not a single song that needs to be skipped.

Yep!

Still, I prefer the CDs that are "mixed" ... i.e. greatest hits or, better yet, CDs with multiple artists. Sometimes, I get tired of hearing the same artist for a half hour or hour at a time....

*shrugs*

But, that's just me ;).

I definately am with you on that, I have a lot of cds that I've burnt off that have different artists and usually a few different genres on them. There are very few single artist cds that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a song. American Idiot is another album that I can go the whole way through without skipping a song. I love it, it is easily the best work Green Day has done yet, this is coming from a person who once said Dookie is the greatest album of all time.

Yay! ...I am the only Em fan. Woohoo!

[post="5110"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but Eminem is one of the few modern hip hoppers I don't mind listening to. A lot of it is because his lyrics are a little more down to earth. I do like some old school rap groups like Run DMC and Grandmaster Flash.

As for Metallica, IMO, Master of Puppets is the quintessential metal album. The production is absolutely perfect, the songs are varied (both musically and by subject), and there is no filler at all...every song has been amazingly crafted. Many rock critics have called it the greatest metal album of all time. The Black Album was good, but there are a couple songs on there that feel like filler and the songs don't have the same "epic" quality as Puppets. It was also the album where Metallica changed its sound to a more down-tempo, grueling pace. But, there are some hidden gems on that album like "My Friend of Misery" and "The God that Failed."

I definately am with you on that, I have a lot of cds that I've burnt off that have different artists and usually a few different genres on them.  There are very few single artist cds that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a song.

...and that is why I rarely buy CDs of single artists anymore. I have, maybe, a handful of CDs that are only 1 artist that I can listen to the whole thing through without skipping any songs. But, most of the ones I have, sadly, are ones that I bought because I like 1 or 2 songs on the whole album. Not a very efficient way to handle money ;).

Was at a home tonight where the family has a computer CD program (grr...can't remember what it is called right now) whereby it catalogs all of their CDs and plays any song you want at the touch of a button. I need to invest in something like that ;).

• 3 months later...
Tell ya what my fav new band right now is The Long Winters, its one of those rare bands that are relativly unknown and you just know one day they are going to be huge. I wish I would have found them a year ago when my company started pctmusic (insert shameless plug here) PCTMUSIC.

By the way if any of my fellow members of cheers want to get any cds for a buck from my website you can here. Please dont share that link with anyone, its only supposed to be for our Target customers.

Oh one more band or well a artist. I am looking at signing this girl to our TNT and ABIA assortments what do you guys think? She could be huge or not go anywhere and I cant even sign her until she gets a full cd but I am looking for opinions on her.