Look what's springing up outside today...

Lamar

We got our first '10 Milan, a black Voga. Sitting next to last year's car, it looks a lot more upscale. We also got our first '10 MKZ. The changes improve the look. The rear end looks more like the original Zephyr concept car, and the interior is similar in concept to the MKS instead of the old-school look. Good job on both, FoMoCo.

I keep seeing friggin' Thunderbirds. The retro ones.

I've also seen EXCITEMENT!!!!!!! in all its glory.

053-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

060.jpg

As well as the new Insight. Certainly beats the hell out of a Prius, style wise.

062.jpg

063.jpg

066.jpg

064.jpg

068.jpg

065.jpg

What the hell kind of car dealership is that? Honda, Ford and Pontiac all paired together? Side note the updated G6 is really sharp, I don't care what anyone says. They G3 actually look pretty nice in the photographs, your just a good photographer.

Edited by gm4life

It's three different dealerships, two different owners. Murry's has Ford, Lincoln, Mercury as well as Honda down the road. Then there's Osbourne Pontiac, GMC and Buick.

Oh, and I saw another goddamn Thunderbird. Brookville must have a secretive cult of them hiding somewhere.

Edited by blackviper8891

It's three different dealerships, two different owners. Murry's has Ford, Lincoln, Mercury as well as Honda down the road. Then there's Osbourne Pontiac, GMC and Buick.

Oh, and I saw another goddamn Thunderbird. Brookville must have a secretive cult of them hiding somewhere.

I love those retrobirds, but the interior is a bit of a letdown in the context of the rest of the car.

Today I Saw:

1962 Ford Galaxie 500 XL, 2dr HT, Black Ext, Red Interior (:drool:)

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible, blue

1969 Pontiac LeMans 2dr HT, Red

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Harvest Beige New Beetle convertible, top-up, with a perfect Hello Kitty graphic on the back glass, made with what appeared to be sequins. Male person driving.:blink: Edited by ocnblu

Spring Englishtown Swap Meet- dunno how many car are there- over a 1000 easy. Won't bother listing.

Every year, however, a few more japanese sh*tboxes belly-crawl in, to the point there are dozens & dozens. I mean a stock matrix on the show field (or was it a Vibe?) ???? Does anyone really give a flying f**k ??

Don't see any value in 16 black '90s Impala SSs all lined up, either. Was some cool rod material there, tho.

I primarily go to 'network' socially, and people watch.

Finally... in May, there's a concerted effort to start a regular 'old-tyme' show, drags & drive-in movies at the track, cars limited to no newer than 1958 (with some exceptions for period-correct). THIS will be worthy of attending- I can't wait.

There was a Cruise-In at a mall in downtown (technically, uptown) Phoenix today...drove by, didn't see any convenient place for non-participants to park and walk around, just drove around it..probably a couple hundred cars or more...saw a variety of interesting cars--several '55-57 Chevy pickups, '60s Impala hts and convertibles (stock and lowriders), a couple really clean '70-73 Camaros, a sharp white w/ orange stripes '69 Camaro SS convertible, a very clean pale blue '69 Fairlane 2dr ht, several nice '65-66 Mustangs..

Around Philly, new '10 Fusion. The grille is actually well-integrated; you don't notice its size when the car's in your mirror.

Also in Philly, an old metallic pink Impala. Leaning to the left because those two wheels were out of camber.

An old school Mini appeared on our lot today. Purple with tan leather seats, minilite wheels and 4 driving lights across the tiny chrome bumper. It was there from the restoration shop across the street for a suspension alignment. Our alignment tech brought it into our shop to show it off, but said he couldn't find reverse. So I jumped in, stuck it in reverse and backed it out, drove it around the building, then onto the alignment rack for him. It was a lot of fun just the short time I was able to pilot such a truly bitesize piece of automotive candy, grape at that! Edited by ocnblu

I saw an oddball today... a black '84 Plymouth Voyager minivan panel van with '70s style round tinted bubble windows on the rear quarters, w/ red and yellow stripes, running boards, aluminum Shelby GTH style wheels. Trippy.

Within about 20 minutes of one another, I saw an older model Ferrari (not sure which), and an Audi S6 that sounded LOVELY with the V10... :D

... that was closely followed by a Fit with a fart can extraordinaire. :glare:

A very clean '73 Mustang Mach I fastback in blue with silver accents, factory mags and a heavily modded 351 for sale a block away for the in-laws house in a small town. (68 I think even you would approve, it was a 4spd!) Also across the street when I was visting was a 1969 Camaro Drop-top in Aqua Blue with rally wheels and white racing strips 396 SS and that was a 4spd. as well and sounded so sexy. It made me miss those cars, again.

Edited by gm4life

Yesterday was a muscle car day. A few Chevelles, a few Mopars, a Camaro, a Mustang, a Nova, a C3 Vette, etc. Also in the mix was an early 50s Ford and a 52 Mercury, in all its chopped-top-look glory.

I stopped by the Hyundai dealer and they had one of their two Genesis coupes sitting out, a 2.0T in a lovely shade of blue. I talked to a salesman for bit while he opened it up for me. Not that it's in my interest, he told me of their lease offers and they are quite attractive, monthly payment wise. I think he said $225 per month. I didn't ask about the details, though. I'm sure the terms aren't as nice, but hell, that's only $90 more per month than the loan I've got out for my Cobalt. If only I weren't stuck with it... I'd love a Genesis coupe. :P

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-3.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

Another sight:

011a.jpg

A good number of Pontiacs driven by young folk at the beach... G5 GTs, Grand Ams, G6s, including several convertibles, top-down. A mid-90's Grand Marquis, black with black steel wheels, wide whitewall tires and big pipes out the back. A couple of new-style Mini convertibles, including one the color of stomach bile (a pukey non-metallic greenish-yellow), and a couple of the wagon version. Cool little buggies. A last-gen, pre-MCE Monte Carlo LT in black with big, shiny mufflers that made the V6 sound mellow, dude was playing with the gas pedal just to listen. And lots more I can't think of right now. :lol:

close-ups on the hyundai are revealing- maybe it's the light but looks like some sloppy fit-n-finish on the outside, lots of exposed rubber gasketing, and that black rubber diaper at the rear looks tremendously cheap.

hyundai ads by me explain the sales uptick- outrageous deals: ("buy a leftover '08 and get a free '09!!!" "We'll make your payments for a year!!!" "40% off sticker price" - that's be nearly $13K off a genesis). Guess cash on the hood talks the loudest.

Whole front end looks like it's really melting- so droopy. Interior looks mildly schizo. Not that I was expecting anything impressive, but it sure looks like a real dud from all I've seen so far.

-- -- -- -- --

Haven't seen much interesting, been buried in work. One thing tho: prius inching thru gridlock, clouds of cigar smoke billowing out from inside. So much for the environment. :rotflmao:

close-ups on the hyundai are revealing- maybe it's the light but looks like some sloppy fit-n-finish on the outside, lots of exposed rubber gasketing, and that black rubber diaper at the rear looks tremendously cheap.

hyundai ads by me explain the sales uptick- outrageous deals: ("buy a leftover '08 and get a free '09!!!" "We'll make your payments for a year!!!" "40% off sticker price" - that's be nearly $13K off a genesis). Guess cash on the hood talks the loudest.

Whole front end looks like it's really melting- so droopy. Interior looks mildly schizo. Not that I was expecting anything impressive, but it sure looks like a real dud from all I've seen so far.

Subjectivity, shown in the wild. Watch out, it bites. :P

Silver Seraph--I've always liked these

Hyundai Entourage--Maybe the 3rd one I've seen. Ever.

A couple of red Challengers--They're really big

My first new Mazda 3 on the road

My first 2010 Fusion, it was silver, not bad looking. I saw a black one this morning and it was hot

Corvettes galore, a beautiful blue C5, an orange C6 Z06 and two C3s that were in great shape, one red, one black

Silver Seraph--I've always liked these

A couple of red Challengers--They're really big

Yeah they're freaking huge... I chock a lot of that up to the slab sided-ness of the car.... and I always liked the Silver Seraph as well...

b2578477.jpg