Black and Blue Landscaper

i got fired!

wow, b&b, your response to ME - when YOU were at fault for getting fired, for stealing? That's priceless! Public relations and the decision to use the good neighbour policy usually comes from a little higher up than the counterboy at Blockbuster. Based on your explosive response, and general immature attitude, let me just give you a phrase that will certainly come in handy with your future career: "would you like fries with that?"

HAHA!!! Stace, I think you're giving him too much credit with that. I think "Paper, or plastic" is much more appropriate. Plus there's no way to strike back at a consumer in that position!

Wildman... that's terrible man. I stopped taking my car to the dealership for service because of people like you. Landscaper - almost everybody cheats their workplace at some point. Be it taking off early, stealing/eating things, or just wasting time on C+G like me right now. You must realize, however, that you are taking a risk whenever you do so, and the cost may be your job. Don't attack Stace.

Don't attack anyone. There was no need for those sorts of responses, Black and Blue Landscaper, especially since you were the one who decided to air your dirty laundry to everyone.

That's what the warning is for.

Anyway, back to normal conversations...

I've never been fired or quit a job...I've worked at the same job in a meatpacking plant for the last six summers, although I started off making boxes and eventually worked my way up to the office.  Last summer my boss had me doing a lot of work with important documents, setting up things that would improve efficiency (example: setting up scanners to scan all incoming and outgoing product instead of having to manifest it by hand), filling out weekly prices on product, and drawing up designs for his proposed expansion.  It was a great job because the work I did was really appreciated and I got along with everybody there.

This next summer I'm working on getting an internship in the Chicago area, so I probably won't be going back there.  But it's one of those places where you can always go back if you're looking for work.

[post="43835"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Now thats a good American boy right there ! B)

I haven't been in a Blockbuster's in about 5 1/2 years...ever since I started my Netflix subscription. Speaking of firing, I've never been fired but have lost a couple of jobs back in the dot.bomb era due to startup companies running out of money and shutting down (incl. one that shut down owing me about 10k in wages).

Don't attack anyone. There was no need for those sorts of responses, Black and Blue Landscaper, especially since you were the one who decided to air your dirty laundry to everyone.

That's what the warning is for.

Anyway, back to normal conversations...

[post="43942"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think I have an ingrown toenail...

BBL i know your not like this all the time and im wondering why it is your saying this but i will say i dont approve and it sucks ya got fired but ya got caught it happens same way that crap happens WMJ uh thats messed up thats all ill say a car is a car and someones private property and a saftey device and also a dangerous tool i dont mess with those in any way other than respectful Stace how are ya i havent talked to you in a while hows tha garage doing? Bowtie dude - yah those hurt like crap i had one once and i was like gargargsktnhgsnb man those hurt i hope it falls off soon Flybri- good call i think btw ive never really been fired i snapped once on my boss and didnt come back but that was given to resignation because he wanted me to ceom back and work for him agian.... but i regret that a lot and i dont see it as admirable by any means it was un justitfied in my view

I got people I didn't like banned from a mall once. That was fun being close with the head of security.

Wow, did this thread ever heat up! I think we can all realize that just like anywhere else, there are all types of people. Some have different ideas on what is acceptable work ethics than others do. Usually a business will sort that type of stuff out (if given enough time). Occasionally people who steal even find great prosperity (I can them "CEO's"), but we are getting a bit off track here.

Wow, BBL that sucks. I hope the night we hung out there and ended up eating at Carabas did not somehow bring this upon you. Either way it seems like you got a cool job lined up. Gotta Run. Good luck wiht that. :) Edited by Sixty8panther

I got people I didn't like banned from a mall once.  That was fun being close with the head of security.

[post="44062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I got kicked out of KB Toys for humping a giant stuffed frog one time.

I got people I didn't like banned from a mall once.  That was fun being close with the head of security.

[post="44062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why does this not surprise me :unsure:

Maturity at its finest

We got kicked out of Schenectady by the Schenectady Police back in 76, today it would be much uglier. Ah the good ol days when you got sent home to think about it.

Why does this not surprise me  :unsure:

Maturity at its finest

[post="44511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well what's wrong with it? I'm not a fan of people who come into a restaurant and urinate all over the bathroom floors intentionally right after they see that they were cleaned. Ooh...now that I specify the reason as to why I did not like these people, it kind of changes things, doesn't it? Trust me, there was a valid reason behind it. When security files a ban report, they have to list the offenses leading to the ban; there always has to be a valid reason behind a ban. The only variable is how strictly one enforces the rules. It is obvious that in life, generally well-behaved people get more of a reprieve than "habitual offenders."

Do you think someone is more likely to get a speeding ticket if it is their first offense or their eighth?

Read, it said

I got people I didn't like banned from a mall once

not

I got people who urinate all over the bathroom floors intentionally banned from a mall once

so at this point one can only imagine

Razor: you took the words right out of my mouth....

You can only imagine? Or you immediately assume someone is immature when you dont know the whole story? Seems like a personal attack to me.

ha looks like this turned into fun...as far as the personal attacks go...next time ill make sure to make them PMs. secondly i want EVERYONE to know that in no way was i bitching about this i could give a sh*t less, these jobs are a dime a dozen. also i believe no one here has the right to say how bad it was in the fact i did not step outside of the general rules of the store, i used my personal employee account in which i get 5 free rentals a week, but do not have time to use them all so i would give them to the employees next door to watch. in turn they would upsell for me while people ate their dinner after which they would come talk to me, so it so happens i caused more sales by doing this. if you dont believe me that's fine believe what you want to. and if you still dont agree thats fine. dont tell me about it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook