This had better be a 'Shop ...

I'd have to say the sides look pretty cool, although I can't seem to zoom in on it much. Then again, I'm a sucker for side exhausts, and the Viper-esque profile.

Plus, at least this seems to have been done well. I've seen my share of butchered F-Bodies where you could swear the bodykits were held on by duct-tape.

Edited by Captainbooyah

The silver one is one of the prototype '98 Firehawks.

I loved that look!

I think it looks better than the stock Firebird/Formula/Trans Am. The fixed headlights not only improve the look of the front, but they're more reliable too and made the car lighter by up to 100-150 lbs.

There are kits that reproduce that look. However, the conversion is expensive. I found a kit on eBay not too long ago that cost well over a grand.

I think it looks better than the stock Firebird/Formula/Trans Am. The fixed headlights not only improve the look of the front, but they're more reliable too and made the car lighter by up to 100-150 lbs.

There are kits that reproduce that look. However, the conversion is expensive. I found a kit on eBay not too long ago that cost well over a grand.

I've seen them. Those kits are somewaht ugly, and the lights are too big because they use the stock hood.

The Firehawk lights are much more narrow and the hood is a handmade piece that is longer in the front by several inches.

I've seen them. Those kits are somewaht ugly, and the lights are too big because they use the stock hood.

The Firehawk lights are much more narrow and the hood is a handmade piece that is longer in the front by several inches.

I'm really surprised that SLP doesn't make a kit that recreates that look. I'm sure if they did, plenty of F4 Firebird owners would be snapping them up, myself included.

I'm really surprised that SLP doesn't make a kit that recreates that look. I'm sure if they did, plenty of F4 Firebird owners would be snapping them up, myself included.

After SLP spent huge money developing the lights, the feds wouldn't approve them.

Too bad really

Only a few sets exist.

And none are on cars.

Why didn't the feds approve them?

I don't really care for them...they make the car look sleepy and a bit like an Olds...but I'm curious.

They were too bright or something, I can't remember the specifics.

You might like them better in another pic, that angle isn't the best to show off the lights.

Gimme a minute and I'll post one.

I'm sure that what the feds considered bright back in 1998 is acceptable now.

And if not, what stopped SLP from modifying the lights to be a bit dimmer?

Plus, they could still sell them as aftermarket, even if they are still too bright. The feds don't really keep that close of an eye on aftermarket parts.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I'm sure that what the feds considered bright back in 1998 is acceptable now.

And if not, what stopped SLP from modifying the lights to be a bit dimmer?

Plus, they could still sell them as aftermarket, even if they are still too bright. The feds don't really keep that close of an eye on aftermarket parts.

I've thought about that and I'm sure the regs have changed since then.

I seem to remember something about the light pattern and possible distortion through the lens/cover.

I can't remember the exact details.