2006 Acura CSX

HarleyEarl

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Acura announces pricing of CSX

Canada's own exclusive Acura CSX will be officially in dealer showrooms by November 22nd. The Civic-based entry-level luxury sedan will sport a base manufacturer's suggested retail price of $25,400. A top-of-the-line CSX retails for $31,900.

Standard features in the base Touring include a 2.0L inline 4-cylinder engine that puts out 155 hp, 4-wheel disc brakes, automatic climate control, 16" alloy wheels, 6 air bags and a premium audio system with MP3/WMA compatibility.

To jump into a Premium model, an extra $2,700 will be required. For the extra coinage, leather seating with front heated seats, HID headlamps, a power moonroof and a 350-watt 6-CD changer equipped audio system will be added.

A navigation system can be added to the Premium for a cool $2,500. For both
the Touring and the Premium, a $1,300 5-speed automatic transmission with F1-style paddle shifters.

The CSX replaces the out-going EL.
(Auto123) Edited by HarleyEarl

Oh, the damned thing will sell..... I see lots of young women driving the old one. And critics slam GM for platform sharing. Toyota and Honda are far worse! At least the G6 and Maxx look completely different? And who but the most knowledgeable would know the Impala, LaCross and Grand Prix are the same underneath?

I can't believe they get away with that.

[post="43814"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My thoughts exactly. If GM did that, they'd be tar and feathered. Yet, some of the guys on these other forums are going crazy for this little rebadged Civic... go figure. Personally, I think it's a mistake. They shouldn't go lower than the TSX, IMO, but atleast it's coming to the U.S.

My thoughts exactly.  If GM did that, they'd be tar and feathered.  Yet, some of the guys on these other forums are going crazy for this little rebadged Civic... go figure.  Personally, I think it's a mistake.  They shouldn't go lower than the TSX, IMO, but atleast it's coming to the U.S.

[post="43826"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

GM IS doing this, RIGHT NOW. What do you call the Persuit?

Damn Canadians, sharing models between Honda and Acura lineups... Makes them look like the domestics down here. I'm glad AHM doesn't do that. The CSX does look better than the USDM Sedan though, as does the JDM sedan. The interior looks very sporty IMO, I don't see what you guys think is ugly about it.

I saw a commercial for this thing the other night. It's soooooooooo obviously a Civic. I could tell just from a brief glance at the steering wheel. Honda/Acura didn't even try to change a thing except for the facia. Also, for some indecipherable reason, these cars (they used to be called the EL) have astronomical resale value... Just take a look on autotrader.ca. What kind of morons are paying $8,000 for a 7 year old tarted-up Civic!?!?

The CSX does look better than the USDM Sedan though, as does the JDM sedan. The interior looks very sporty IMO, I don't see what you guys think is ugly about it.

[post="44006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The dual dash.
The Namco arcade game steering wheel.
The little quarter window ahead of the Dumbo sideviews.
The lousy taillamps (US Civic).
The too-short hood.
The Godawful proportions of the Civic coupe.

That's from my eyes at least.

rebadging is totally fine with me, if done right. this is clearly done wrong. if GM gets grilled for this, honda should be too. people need to accept that rebadging is a fact of life and move on with it. Dealers need product. Development costs must be small. Thus, rebadging is needed. I go against pop. opinion here, but Pontiac needs a Pursuit here too (albeit with a different or highly modified dash). I think the 9-2x rebadge is actually a decent job, considering what little they had to work with. But this 'Acura' rebadge is pitiful. The Sega dashboard alone sucks. Edited by regfootball

I have never liked the thinly disguised EL and don't like this...but these things sell big in Canada. That Acura name is powerful and it get's people in at an affordable price. Let's not forget the early Integra...entry level models were pretty basic. And let's not forget the TSX is almost identical to the Euro Honda Accord...just rebadged. And let's not forget Honda rebadging the Isusu suv. Honda is just as bad as others for blatant rebadging.

The dual dash.
The Namco arcade game steering wheel.
The little quarter window ahead of the Dumbo sideviews.
The lousy taillamps (US Civic).
The too-short hood.
The Godawful proportions of the Civic coupe.

That's from my eyes at least.

[post="44053"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Having the rear view mirrors on the doors does look a bit odd, but it is more functional. I think the dual dash design works just fine and look good too. I would never have it in a sports car, but for a family sedan, it makes it much easier to see what speed you're going. I like the steering wheel, it is out of place for that kind of car though. I don't mind it in the Si, but in a sedan, they should have gone with a more normal steering wheel. Again, the short hood on the Si does look odd, but on the sedan it doesn't, and obviously it's more practical.

I guess this car definately puts function over form, even though it is not that bad looking, as long as you aren't comparing it to a sports car like the S2000. I would easily buy it over a Chevy Malibu or Ford Focus, as those look too out-dated and "normal".

I have never liked the thinly disguised EL and don't like this...but these things sell big in Canada.  That Acura name is powerful and it get's people in at an affordable price. 

[post="44125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

$25,400 to $31,900 is an affordable price? Granted, the average transaction price of a new car in Canada is around $30,000, but that is hardly "affordable" for a compact car. I could get a well-equipped new Corolla, Mazda3 or Civc for $5,000 to $11,000 less than this Acura, and the Pursuit/Cobalt are even cheaper! In fact, with the money I'd save from buying a Cobalt instead of a CSX, I could probably get another Cobalt!

I do see what you mean, though: Acuras are, indeed, affordable, compared to other luxury cars. The TSX, for example, undercuts the CTS and G35 by roughly $5,000-7,000 in Canada, to say nothing of the savings reaped by not buying a 3-Series or A4. Nevertheless, the concept of paying $31,900 (plus taxes) for a compact car is one that boggles my mind. It just ain't right!

The 1.6 EL came out in 1997 as a replacement for the slow selling Intergra sedan in Canada. I remember I was 14 at the time. The brouchure that I ordered stated "Built in Canada, for Canadian drivers". Indeed the first gen was actually a good looking package. This is back when Hondas were nice, and driving a Civic was fun, mainly due to their double-wishbone suspension. The EL has been always more than a dressed up Civic. You were basically buying a Civic SI in a four door trim. This included things like four wheel disc brakes and the VTEC motor from the SI. IMO the prev gen EL was ruined, mainly because the prev gen Civic I truly did not like. This on the other hand is nice. They went back to the tail lights the first gen EL had, which were nice. The front nose is better than the Civic. If you ever take a spin in an EL. You would find it pretty cool. These are one of the cars that make you think "this is what the Civic should be" same with the TSX "This is what the Accord should be in North America" not what they have now. Edited by Polish_Kris

Guest YellowJacket894
Everything about it says "no". And loud. Geeze, I feel bad for Canada. They get punished with rebadges all of the time. Persuit and this... thing. Blah, anyone notice the lack of nose on the sedan CSX/Civic? Ugly.

You're thinking Japanese Civic, because the European Civic is completely unique to Europe, and is a 5 door hatch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

[post="46370"][/post]

I stand corrected...and I knew that early on...my mistake. You are right. The Acura CSX for Canada has the same look as the Japanese model.