Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Remember when...?

Flybrian

Or when Open Minded (aka teh ricer civic) got chewed out for getting AH-HA in trouble, or better yet, that awesome sig he made for me. Whatever happened to that sig I'll never know... Or the post whore battles we used to have in the middle of the night...good times, good times... I wonder what Adam has been up to?

hell ya and i think i a good poster the thread that eventually strayed to a 4 cylinder corvette

[post="44023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That guy had the Corvette lined up with like 6 engines. a 4-banger, a diesel 4 and 6, a v6 and two v8s. I think there was even a proposal by him to have one model propeled by a cluster of small fans and an electric motor. :lol:

Biggest ricer? Well.. we hardly have anyone here worthy of being called a ricer in the first place. Probably me since I seem to be the only advocate of spoilers, ground effects, and other stuff like that (no, not cladding). Basically the stuff that made me fall in love with Pontiac. But alas, GM fans (and Lutz supporters in General) hate that stuff since Pontiacs are supposed to be bland mobiles like every other GM vehicle... Since distiction and being bold are bad things. Very bad things, indeed. Oh, was I ranting? Sorry... -_-

Northie deleted one of the articles NINETY-EIGHT posted because it was a repeat posting of something Northie had posted earlier that day.

[post="44120"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL.

What's happened to NINETY-EIGHT? He posted every damn news article ever written about the auto industry on the old boards.

LOL.

What's happened to NINETY-EIGHT?  He posted every damn news article ever written about the auto industry on the old boards.

[post="44163"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know that he has been posting at some message board just about Oldsmobiles.

He really has always been much more interested in Oldsmobiles, especially the 1991 to 1996 Ninety Eight, than he is in GM or the auto industry in general.

LoL. No.

[post="44173"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

actually, I remember being giddy when the grainy shots of the interior were first shown. We were all impressed by the Lexus ES-like flowing style and curves, and that piece of wood that runs across the dash. To our credit though, those shots were not clear at all and this was in a time when the Cavalier interior was commonplace throughout GM, anything showed promise then. How wrong we were...

Types quickly, too much curiousity....

What did Open Minded do to get ah-ha in trouble?

When did byebmw freak? how did he freak?

What was the whole ninety-eight freak about?

[post="44111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Open Minded/teh ricer civic could have cost AH-Ha his job...AH-HA posted a picture which was hosted on some image hosting site, and OM/TRC took the url from the picture and went looking in AH-HA's account with it viewing his other photos, one of which he decided to post showing AH-HA's face or something like that. Everyone got pissed at OM, he decided to ban himself from the site I believe (that didn't last long) and AH-HA left for a bit if I remember correctly.

BYEBMW I don't think really freaked...I think that was during the time when C&G was in bad shape, we were all going crazy over the cancellation of Zeta and everyone was at everyone elses necks...There were a lot of issues going on with power trips between the moderating team if I remmeber correctly and a lot of hypocrisy going on...BYEBMW got pissed about some issue regarding the afformentioned and that's what happened I think...

I don't think I quite remember the 98 issue, but whatever...98 posted a lot of stuff...he had the highest post count on the boards I believe...He would post every single news article, sometimes post duplicates of new articles he posted previously or articles that were already posted long ago...Frankly, most of his threads went unread I think, or atleast unresponded too...I remember responding to a lot of his threads mentioning that they were reposts, and after a while just kinda gave up...

Regarding the AH-HA/Open Minded debacle, AH-HA posted a pic (Cobalt-related?) on a free imaging site, and Open Minded tried playing with the URL and posted a picture of a house, but it had nothing to do with AH-HA. Related to this, remember Booger's post that started the mess? Another fond memory, discovering the 2003 NAIAS info (including for the Cadillac Sixteen) early. There was a thread on each of the press releases, then it was all deleted.

The problem with BYEBMW was this: he did not respect the fact that the moderating team was an authority and THE authority for this site. He would post things in public that should have been kept private via PMs, and when we deleted and/or locked his threads he would repost them. That is what got him banned.

Remember when I killed BV. :) O yeah thats in the future :P J/K Remeber the time you guys didnt know i have a truck with a 572 in my Garage....... that goes a way on December 11th. Or the time I entered in my first Chop that looked like the desinger snorted Crack. Or the time we thought that the Camaro was coming back.....???? The time Satty Entered in his Pontiac brand Condoms??? The Time when WMJ thought i had a personel vendeta on him....

Yes, well you redeemed youself with the 83 Silverado with the 572. Perhaps us two are the only two here besides Sixty8 who even knows what a 572 looks like in person. Of course those (Blackviper8891) ricers here probably would not be able to handle all that power. I mean, who ever heard of an engine that has torque right off idle? Don't you usually need to rev to about 18,000 rpm before you get any?

[post="44314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah and 720 hp with out COMPUTERS??? or TURBO's. The shear noise when i first cranked it was awesome ( well only had headers on it) To bad i wont have it for ever.... thats way it is on its a well a 3rd set of tires since a ...a.....a.....July. the best thing is it is a every day car you could use thats why it has 140 hours on it with 24,000 miles on it. testin it out.

Or the fact that they can get 4 more cylinders in a block. :P

hah 572 ive seen one and i jizmmed my pants

[post="45150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Its a awesome engine.... not that awesome

And a 572........ sucks in snowy weather. that F*UCKER could not come off a light without spining the tires :AH-HA_wink: . Even in 3rd. Or trying to test the A/C in 30 degree weather sucks to. If you no anything about HVAC its impossible you cant get any flow yo the compressor and evaporator or the codenser.

Funnier is that some guy told me my truck had somthing wrong with since it is so loud and muscle cary. then I Roasted the tires (No suprise) during the whol red light and beat his little rice burner with a ironing bord on the trunk Toyota Supra.