Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sciguy_0504

Saw my first Fusion today

5 posts in this topic

I finally saw the car that everyone is talking about and, it seems, everyone has seen in person before I have. It was at a redlight next to a Malibu so you could really compare the two from the outside, at least. The Fusion looks a lot classier and substantial, it almost makes the Malibu look like an economy car. All the chrome caught your eye but I (finally) realized that if you took it all away and the grille was body-colored it would not be as eyecatching as it is. Also, the front isn't as distinctive as the pictures lead you on to believe. It stands out, sure, but not by much. Still a first-rate car, though.

The first Fusion I saw was from the back in a parking lot. I thought it was a Civic coupe with cheezy aftermarket taillights. Don't ge tme wrong, I like the car but the loose me at the taillights. The Milan puts me to sleep and the Zephyr is just missing something for a car in CTS' price range. MUCH better than the Ford Detour and Mercury Mistake that the triplets replace. We will miss the LS and what could have been on the platform.

walt, the milan definitely looks sharper from behind than both the zephyr and fusion. I told the ford pr guy last time I saw him that the taillights kill the whole thing for me. Otherwise I dig the Fusion. I still don't think the Mercury or Lincoln are worth the money though. Dave

I have seen several Fusions, Milans and Zephyrs on the dealer's lots but none on the street yet. I hear they are selling well but all of the cars here are still sitting on the lots. :( For several weeks my Ford dealer has had two Fusions on the lot, the Lincoln Mercury dealer has had three Milans and one Zephyr. Why aren't they getting sold? I will be buying a 2007 Fusion SEL V6. They look like great cars.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0