By the end of next week...

13" Dayton gold plated wires, with spinner caps. Full hydraulics. Chain steering wheel. Gold velour interior with a naked chick embroidered into the headliner. Just subtle mods, nawmsayin'? Edited by ocnblu

13" Dayton gold plated wires, with spinner caps. Full hydraulics. Chain steering wheel. Gold velour interior with a naked chick embroidered into the headliner.

Cool... that's different. Thought maybe you would go the 'Fast and Furious' route instead with a body kit, single yellow wiper, huge rear wing, fart muffler, and wide wheels/tires.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, some pics of the little mean green machine taken today, with my new wheels and tires, I went from granny 15" plastic hubcaps and 195/65/15 tires to a set of machined/gray painted MB 16" rims and Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred 205/55/16 tires, I got from Discount Tire over the internet. I think they do wonders for the Cobalt. I wanted something sporty, not flashy. See what you guys think:

100_0228.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0234.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0226.jpg

and my stupid dent from the Durango, just inches from the driver's door glass:

100_0231.jpg

Agreed, the dent is not really an improvement, per se. :AH-HA_wink: But it will be taken care of next week!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. It rides much better, and fuel mileage is the same so far, after 3 days checking the DIC with the new tires on... a mad silly improvement over the crappy "low rolling resistance" Continentals.

Thanks for showing me that, if I do any modifications, the first must be a lowering kit. I thought about getting some alloys, but even those superb ones you bought still look dorky with that massive ride height. A two to three inch drop would do your (and everyone's) Cobalt wonders.

Agreed, the dent is not really an improvement, per se. :AH-HA_wink: But it will be taken care of next week!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. It rides much better, and fuel mileage is the same so far, after 3 days checking the DIC with the new tires on... a mad silly improvement over the crappy "low rolling resistance" Continentals.

I have a set of Continentals I got for cheap on the front of my car and they are $h! (you get what you pay for I guess).

I saw a black Cobalt LT on the road a few weeks ago with what appeared to be a 2-inch drop. It looked good, but I don't want to lose my ride quality or change the geometry of the suspension, which could put stress on steering parts and/or other suspension parts.

I wish someone would finish ME off nightly. Sigh. But anyhoo, I will need to do some more research before I commit to an Eibach lowering spring kit. Thanks for the comments. Edited by ocnblu

Very Nice, much better than rims and hub caps.

Here I was going to go and guess you went with the 007 missle launchers behind the headlights and a Martini Chiller in between the front seats. :P

OK, some pics of the little mean green machine taken today, with my new wheels and tires, I went from granny 15" plastic hubcaps and 195/65/15 tires to a set of machined/gray painted MB 16" rims and Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred 205/55/16 tires, I got from Discount Tire over the internet. I think they do wonders for the Cobalt. I wanted something sporty, not flashy. See what you guys think:

100_0228.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0234.jpg

100_0236.jpg

100_0226.jpg

and my stupid dent from the Durango, just inches from the driver's door glass:

100_0231.jpg

Like the rims! Lookin' good!

I've considered rims for my Balt....we'll see...

None of that crap will ever touch the lean, green flanks of my little Chevy. No spoilers, no ground effects, no body kits, not even a tiny pinstripe. I might have the windows tinted, though.:)

Do it. Even a relatively light tint like the one I have really sets the greenhouse off nicely.

4x4! :P

006-1.jpg

My wheelwell gap is less than half that. Either your grandma installed a lift kit, or that car is up in the air.

I wish someone would finish ME off nightly. Sigh. But anyhoo, I will need to do some more research before I commit to an Eibach lowering spring kit. Thanks for the comments.

I've read that Eibach springs will destroy the stock shocks/struts (especially on the base models) in a matter of months. So you might as well price out an aftermarket shock/strut upgrade to go along with the Eibachs. Me, I might just do the FE5 shocks/struts all around. I wouldn't mind a tad more stiffness, and they'e actualy cheaper than the FE1 stuff you and I are currently running. Not sure how much drop Ill get from not changing the springs,

My wheelwell gap is less than half that. Either your grandma installed a lift kit, or that car is up in the air.

Bear in mind, Z, that your 'balt has the 16 inch wheels, not that I think It'll make that much of a difference. I've got the 15s on mine so I'll take a picture today.

Ocn: did you put Chevy centrecaps in your wheels?

vonVee: I considered installing Chevrolet center caps, but there is no slot for a screwdriver to pry them out (I don't want to nick them up trying), and I don't want to take the wheels back off to pop them out from the back.

z, I heard the same thing about the struts being destroyed, so I've decided I am not going to do that. The window tinting sounds good, though.

You want to bet on that? :huh:

You guys and your excuses for everything. It's pathetic. Yes, Z, my grandma felt like having a Cobalt that could conquer the Appalachians. Are you f@#king kidding me?

You want to bet on that? :huh:

You guys and your excuses for everything. It's pathetic. Yes, Z, my grandma felt like having a Cobalt that could conquer the Appalachians. Are you f@#king kidding me?

Quick! everyone pull out a tape measure and measure your wheel gaps!

I've already posted a picture from my car with the same wheel and tire size from the same angle and I can assure you my car isn't lifted either :P

It may look funky because of the angle Cory took the picture from but unfortunately that there is the wheelgap.

I've read that Eibach springs will destroy the stock shocks/struts (especially on the base models) in a matter of months. So you might as well price out an aftermarket shock/strut upgrade to go along with the Eibachs. Me, I might just do the FE5 shocks/struts all around. I wouldn't mind a tad more stiffness, and they'e actualy cheaper than the FE1 stuff you and I are currently running. Not sure how much drop Ill get from not changing the springs,

Thats just one reason I leave the ride height on all of my vehicles the way it is. Everytime you do something like that you end up breaking something or their is a ton of other stuff you have to change to get it to work right. I know two guys that have Dodge Ram 2500's one with a 6" Lift and the other has an 8" Lift, and they are so poor on fuel that they bought little 4 Cylinder cars to drive. Lmao leaves me wondering what the point was?

I've already posted a picture from my car with the same wheel and tire size from the same angle and I can assure you my car isn't lifted either :P

It may look funky because of the angle Cory took the picture from but unfortunately that there is the wheelgap.

Probably because he took it in the dark.