By the end of next week...

OK if this crap keeps up I will post a picture of my pinga for you all to ogle. How's that sound?:)

pingas

noun

1. money

Etymology: New Zealand English slang word, probably derived from the Danish "penge" (money). Prevalent in communities with a high percentage of native New Zealanders (Míori), though not restricted to them, and generally used by the lower socio-economic groups. Particularly common in the parts of the lower North Island heavily settled by Scandanavians.

I wouldn't mind seeing some money posted.

Well I had been hearing some rattling in the steering over gravel and certain bumps, so after a test drive with the service manager at my former place of employment (local Chevy dealership), they ordered a steering column for my car. There seems to be an issue with the electromechanical interface in the column (the electric motor and gears are inside a sealed unit on the column). They installed it yesterday. So now it is quiet and solid-feeling, as it should be. I'm happy, and I hope it stays fixed. They told me the part number is a new one, so GM apparently did some engineering work to improve this system.

Well I had been hearing some rattling in the steering over gravel and certain bumps, so after a test drive with the service manager at my former place of employment (local Chevy dealership), they ordered a steering column for my car. There seems to be an issue with the electromechanical interface in the column (the electric motor and gears are inside a sealed unit on the column). They installed it yesterday. So now it is quiet and solid-feeling, as it should be. I'm happy, and I hope it stays fixed. They told me the part number is a new one, so GM apparently did some engineering work to improve this system.

I THINK Kelsey's Cobalt might be doing this. I do know it rattles some when going down the VERY $h!ty parts of 715 here.

• 3 weeks later...
100_0226.jpg

Hey ... I like those wheels ... very nice, ocnblu!

and my stupid dent from the Durango, just inches from the driver's door glass:

100_0231.jpg[/b]

Ouch.

So ... I noticed in your thread about that dent event, the SF rep was coming to look at it on April 20. If I missed the news, sorry ... but, what came of that?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Everybody wants love to be easy" ... Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ... 'Stand A Little Rain'

Well KF, the PDR went OK, I can still see a couple of small ripples in it, but that's because I knew it was there. Also, there are a few minor waves in my belt molding from the guy pulling it off to gain access for the repair. It's still better than painting my brand new car.

Ocn, I had the EXACT same problem on my 08' LT Sedan and it was remedied with that repair, and it has held up for quite a few months so far with nary a peep. It's funny because the G5 I had never had that problem.

OK if this crap keeps up I will post a picture of my pinga for you all to ogle. How's that sound?:)

Your Pinga must have not impressed many as I do not see any extensive comments? :neenerneener:

• 4 weeks later...
Well KF, the PDR went OK, I can still see a couple of small ripples in it, but that's because I knew it was there. Also, there are a few minor waves in my belt molding from the guy pulling it off to gain access for the repair. It's still better than painting my brand new car.

Agreed.

But, I also am very familiar with the aggravation of having even that minor stuff. Goodness, all of my MCs have SOMETHING that I really want to get fixed, but to get it fixed, would probably mean a whole new paint job just so that the dang paint matches. Arg. At least I'm the only one that notices MOST of the issues. Some are just too obvious :(.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"There's things goin' on make me mad down to the core" ... Charlie Daniels ... 'Simple Man'