My First Ride

matt41

Cheap+reliable+efficient=late 80's Honda Accord

Any older honda = Death trap for a 16 year old.

1992 to 1996 Chevrolet Caprice.

You won't be able to hurt it, it has the sheet metal and frame to protect you, it uses an "old school" design allowing you the opportunity to learn how to fix cars, and it doesn't cost much.

Roach I, II and III took more abuse than any vehicle I have ever known, and none of them ever let us down.

Thanks 4 ur opinions every1. YJ, I was looking @ some of those links, and was vry surprised 2 see such affordable, sporty cars, which gave me a big sigh of relief, since I was expecting having to shell out like $6000 plus insurance haha. Id love that Bronco or Chevy truck, but restoring them would take a lot more money too haha. The Daewoo and Cavalier were probably the better ones in there that Id love to own and install Sirius xM ahhah.

There's a fix for that, I think von posted it in my showcase thread about the Grand Marquis.

As previously posted...

a FOMOCO, specially made Rubber and plastic trunk-kit that lines the trunk and shields the gas tank will solve the problem I am told by many people my father (25 year RCMP veteran) and I know in law enforcement. Problem is Ford doesn't make them available for the civie versions of the car because the chances of being rear-ended standing still by someone going 55-65 MPH is 'negligible'. If for one don't call human lives "negligible" but whatever floats their boat I suppose. I don't know how easy the kit is to install on the stock Panthers but I assume it wouldn't be hard to find out- problem is Ford won't even sell the parts to Civies as far as I know.

You want the kicker? Ford charges for this safety feature and many police forces save big money by ordering their CVPIs without it. Sheesh.

(DF remember just let me know and I'm sure I know the right people as to where the kit can be had and if can be installed in your GM)

Keeping it clean & pristine, or are you looking to spice it up a little? :scratchchin:

GNW2.jpg

i had one of those.. but it was creme and obviously not a "GN clone". I so would love to do something like this, after i find another car to do it to.