BigPontiac

REPORT: US directs GM to prep for bankruptcy filing by 6/1

Alienate Union workers all across America & lose a large segment of votes, or do whats right for GM...

Hmmmm....

If Obama actually does whats right for GM while compromising himself among union workers, i will be very impressed by his character.

In case you haven't noticed, unions are disappearing pretty quickly here...

These so called "pissed off union workers" will be too busy looking for new jobs to care...

He'll do whats right for the Unions, then GM comes back to the table a few years later. Hopefully with someone in office who isn't out to "save" the Unions. I hope the UAW gets real, and so do the execs who have made darn bad choices. Obama might be smart enough to realize he can't give into the UAW and have a sucessful GM... I hope so, and I would like to see that, the less goverment in this chapter 11 filing the better.

I want to know why Obama going to care about the unions? He doesn't, and I don't think he plans to take major heat from the right to work states....

He needs to save GM to keep the economy from falling apart....

He needs to save GM to keep the economy from falling apart....

There is a big difference between a band-aided together economy & a good economy. The path Bush lead us down, with Obama gleefully following, is the former.

What seems great TODAY may suck TOMORROW. But Politicians do not care, they only care about votes and being re-elected; which i why i have little faith in either party for actually paving the way for a strong, sustainable, economy.

"Treasury officials are examining one potential outcome in which the viable GM enters and exits bankruptcy protection in as little as two weeks, using $5 billion to $7 billion in federal financing, a person briefed on the matter told the Times."

What happened to the "100 Billion" cost to the government for C11? Not that I believed that... or the "two weeks" claim from this article, for that matter

At least there will be no more posts calling the bailouts "loans".

This is cleary to get around the UAW. It is going to be messy, and possibly the end of the UAW.....

This could be the end of the UAW. But if so I'm sure there will be a new union formed very quickly. Fun times ahead.