Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Intrepid front end concept

16 posts in this topic

I've never been a big fan of of the way the front fascia of fog light equipped models "smiles". I also wished it better showed off the signature crosshair grill.

So here's a sketch I whipped up. It's actually inspired by the last gen Grand Prix, whose post MCE lower fascia design I've always liked.

Intrepid2.jpg

Thoughts?

I like it. It's clean and well played out. It more effectively showcases the crosshair grille than the actual design does.

I've done something like this for the Firebird which completely changed the entire appearance of the front fascia. I should post my result sometime.

Thanks! I've had this idea floating around for some time. Although as it turns out there is an aftermarket bumper released recently that sort of does this:

extr_98_intrepidviperfront.jpg

I first noticed it on the car showcasing those halo headlights on eBay.

I like your sketch better than that kit in a major way.

The kit is way too Viper wannabe.

I like your sketch better than that kit in a major way.

The kit is way too Viper wannabe.

It also goes down too low for my tastes. I bet it would get scraped even more easily than my real one does..

Cool! I wish Dodge would have kept the "Intrepid" name going by applying it to a slick and sporty looking midsize sedan (yes, I realize that the Intrepid was actually a fullsize sedan in the past) that would look something like your sketch. The "Avenger" name is a little cartoonish for a midsize sedan (even for a somewhat sporty mainstream brand) and the current car's chunky styling doesn't really work well in proportion to the car's size (although it looks perfectly fine on the larger Charger).

Your sketch gives the car a classier, yet still sporty front end treatment. I like it.

improvement. :yes:

Thanks guy! If I could find a shop that fabricates custom fascias and stuff in the area I could have them make this for the car before I have it repainted. :scratchchin:

Nice drawing DF, if you cannot find a custom place to build it, I would at least go with the after market one as an upgrade even though it does have a bit of viper look. Since your original one has that pop out problem by the fron head light, you might as well get it fixed with a new one that gives a nice custom style to the auto and then repaint it all.

Nice drawing DF, if you cannot find a custom place to build it, I would at least go with the after market one as an upgrade even though it does have a bit of viper look. Since your original one has that pop out problem by the fron head light, you might as well get it fixed with a new one that gives a nice custom style to the auto and then repaint it all.

I'm seriously considering it. It would give it a nice one of a kind look...and fix the only design quibble I've ever had with the Intrepids. :P

That is really clean looking, much better than the original design. Your car would look sweet with a bumper like that.

The sketch is much better than the production Intrepid ES. Its more aggressive and would have been more cohesive than the production models.

Thanks! I'm seriously considering having it made before I paint the car.

This of course would not be for a while. :P

I think the sharp corners contrast too much with the roundness of the rest of the car, especially the split at the bottom. Actually I don't think something Viper-like would look out of place at all.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0