Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

If you could bring back/create 5 new GM vehicles

I thought this would be a fun topic. If you could bring back or create five new GM vehicles that aren't currently in the lineup, what would they be? Here's my list: 1. Cadillac ULS - range topping Cadillac to compete with 7er/S-Class/etc. 2. Buick Velite - RWD sedan, coupe, and convert versions based on the concept. 3. Pontiac "G8" - RWD sedan based loosely on the GTO (next gen GTO, if there is one). 4. Pontiac Kappa sedan - something to give Pontiac a model below the G6. 5. Chevy Camaro - self explanatory I think.

Buick GNX: 3.6L V6 with a turbo (or TT), 6-spd gearbox, and Kappa. Tahoe/K1500 Blazer 2-door: Based on the new GMT-900. Removable cargo top. Cadillac Eldorao (or ETC): Basically a 2-door STS, lowered slightly for better road presence. Thats really all I can think of.

1. Buick Wildcat/Riviera: rwd V8/12, 2 and 4-door hardtops, Convertible - American Luxury 2. Oldsmobile: rwd, supercharged V8, 2-door coupe/convertible - American power 3. Pontiac Firebird: V8 Solstice Coupe - American power for the common man 4. Chevrolet Camaro: Inline 6/V8 - Back to it's roots 5. Cadillac 12/Eldorado: 12cyl ultra luxury, 4-door and 2-door coupe- back to their roots in the '30s as one of the most prestigeous cars in the world

- Chevy Camaro: a choice of four V8 engines, 69 retro styling - Pontiac Grand Am: Kappa sedan with 4/6 cylinder engines and available fully manual trans. - Buick Electra/Roadmaster: RWD, you could choose between pushrod or Northstar power - Buick Regal two door luxury hardtop, Grand National PKG available wiht BiTurbo. - Cadillac Eldorado: retro 1967 2dr hardtop except wiht RWD.

1. Olds Aurora, maybe as a RWD sedan about the same size as the 01-03 2. Olds Alero -OR- Calais, redesigned around the Profile, stay as FWD on Epsilon 3. Olds Cutlass, No Cutlibus please, just a nice replacement for Intrigue, can be on modified W-Body as is the Intrigue, but use the Cutlass name 4. Olds Recon, Epsilon based crossover, again, no Malibu (Maxx) clones please 5. (Can't think of this one yet, Olds doesn't seem to need 5 models anyways) In short: BRING BACK OLDS! Edited by ToniCipriani

Guest YellowJacket894
-Chevy Blazer: Colorado-based 2-door Xterra/Wrangler/FJ Cruiser Competitor

-Chevy K5 "Tahoe": Tahoe-based 2-door brute-ute with removable hardtop.

-Chevy Camaro: Why explain?

-Pontiac Fiero: Hey, why not compete in a market Toyota has abandoned and will soon be filled the the VW Roadster? We need more cheap Boxsters and Caymans running around.

-Saturn Tornado: Modern reincarnation of the '66 Olds Toronado. It would be the Saturn flagship and would be the divisons car that would take on the duty of Olds in the '60s: be the guinea pig and engineering divison of GM. (That reponsibility would later be applied across the line.) And because this would be so far ahead in performance and functionalty, it could be considered a near-supercar for sub-Corvette prices.

Can't stop at five...

-Chevy Bel Air: Kappa-based small convertible for Chevy that would compete with cars like the VW Beetle Ragtop and be even cooler and more contemporary in style while still being nostaligic.

-Chevy Biscayne: Mall-i-bu replacement. The Biscayne never really seemed to get it's chance in the spotlight in the late '50s and early '60s.

-Chevy Chevelle: Why explain this one, too?

-Chevy Nomad: Just bring us a cross between the '99 and '04 concepts so we can kick the Magnum's ass!

-Pontiac Grand Am: How about a new GA coupe/'vert/sedan with styling based from the mid-'70s model with small-block V8 power based on Kappa? Edited by anorexorcist

Any GM car in the configuration of a '78-'88 A/G body would suit me. Any car in the B, C or D-body configuration from '81-'90. Any F-car from '67-'69, or even '70-'73 when the 2nd-gen still had purity of line. With the necessary updates, of course. All these vehicles reflected a GM that was breezily confident. They seemed so apologetic for so long, and I sincerely hope this new positive attitude at GM grows.

If the list allowed 10 cars I'd have included the Fiero

"Three chords for beauty's sake, and one to pay the rent." 1.Buick Riviera 2.Buick Roadmaster 3.Buick Wildcat 4.Chevrolet Camaro P.S. - 5. Buick Rendezvous find a new vehicle to use that name on, since they're going to change the Lambda crossover's name to Centieme; maybe a sub-Theta crossover, "Rendezvous... where luxury and utility meet"

1. Camaro. All-American, modern, retro cues, and kickin' the shit outta Ford. 2. Riviera. Beautiful full-size sedan with flowing lines and a roomy interior. 3. Caprice. RWD, full-size, and withstands all damage. Kickass, one might say. 4. Fiero. Yeah, must I explain? 5. Trans Am. Firebird? Sure, but T/A? Definitely. 6. Grand National 7. Saturn Tornado idea is sweet 8. Nomad 9. Wildcat 10. Aurora 11. Cutlass

BV may have beaten me for the first all-Pontiac post, but mine will do him one better regardless: Phoenix - return of the rear-drive compact (Ecotec, Atlas) Firebird - return of the grand tourer (Atlas, LS) Fiero - return of the mid-engine club racer (HF) Tempest - return of the full-range intermediate, in coupe, sedan, and wagon (Atlas, LS) Grand Prix - return of the personal luxury performance car, the flagship (LS) And anyone wondering about the GTO? It would be a Tempest coupe with the Grand Prix's engine, only lighter with less of the fussy technocrap. My big dream idea, however, is for Pontiac to develop a new OHC engine family with a small-displacement V-8 and the first American V-12 in a long time

Hmmm....

Chevrolet Monte Carlo (if I have to explain this one, ya'll obviously don't know a darn thing about me)

Buick Riviera

Chevrolet Camaro

Chevrolet El Camino

Oldsmobile....

Cort, "Mr Road Trip" / soon2be ex-"Mr MC", 31swm/pig valve/pacer
MCfamily.models.HO.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
IL & area MCs = http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/imcog/
MC's future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/
"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

Guest YellowJacket894

fiero could be a solstice based 2 door roadster

[post="3530"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uh, no. That would be the worst example of overlap ever.

How much of a cut do I get, BV? ;) :lol:

Chevrolet Chevelle--replaces current Monte Carlo, V6/two different V8s RWD (next Monte would be smaller) Chevrolet Camaro--no explanation needed. Chevy needs an affordable sport-compact with a choice of three V8s. Chevrolet Nova--Kind of like The Camaro's little brother, another sport-compact, but satisfies the demand for an entry-level sporty model. two V6's and one V8 Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am--same thing as Camaro, but more powerful with three different V8s, and slightly more expensive, too. Pontiac Fiero--sporty little runabout, mid-engined V6. sadly, it would overlap the Soltice in any form you bring it back with.

Zeta Chevy to replace the Impala. Zeta Pontiac. Two Zeta Buicks, one Velite-esque coupe/convertible, one sedan. Camaro, either on Zeta or a stretched Kappa. Can any of you find the underlying theme here that's more important than the specific models?

Zeta Chevy to replace the Impala.
Zeta Pontiac.
Two Zeta Buicks, one Velite-esque coupe/convertible, one sedan.
Camaro, either on Zeta or a stretched Kappa.

Can any of you find the underlying theme here that's more important than the specific models?

[post="4144"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not the ever-so-sacred-but-put-on-hiatus-by-GM-for-what-seems-like-forever RWD is it? ;) :P

Enzora: Pushrods and RWD aplenty?! ;)

I really hope that GM introduces a new model called the Zeta Kappa.

[post="4154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Trying to increase its frat boy appeal?

Zeta-Kappa, Zappa! They could get Moon Unit or Dweezil to be the spokesperson.

Ok then what would the Fiero be based on?

The mid-engined platform that GM hasn't developed yet.

Basically what I am trying to say is... a Fiero isn't a Fiero unless it's mid-engined. Just like a Camaro isn't a Camaro unless it's RWD. Get what I'm saying? Bastardizing names is unwanted... Agree?

The mid-engined platform that GM hasn't developed yet.

Basically what I am trying to say is... a Fiero isn't a Fiero unless it's mid-engined. Just like a Camaro isn't a Camaro unless it's RWD. Get what I'm saying? Bastardizing names is unwanted... Agree?

[post="4190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*nods*

*devilish grin*

*smell of rubber*

*thick cloud of smoke*

*wink*

If GM could make a Park Avenue like the 1984 Buick Park Avenue I am fixing. The same size and I usually dont say this but RWD but with todays traction enhancing things. The light monitors on the fenders and inside the rear windows are a must. The seat design of the 1984 model must be retained.

God, the tide of this thread has led me to this little piece of driftwood... a return to RWD is what GM really needs to bring all the lost souls (like me) home. With modern, kickass styling and all the features every customer demands these days.

Seriously, Pontiac... you REALLY NEED a 4 seater Kappa coupe and sedan to underpin the lineup and get the kids in the showroom. Certainly, Solstice is a fantastic start, use it as bait, but then hook them with something different and fun!

Chevrolet, Pontiac and Buick could all benefit from the supposed flexibility of Epsilon II. All 3 divisions could really use a RWD derivative of that size platform...

Zeta, or Sigma Lite, or whatever the hell it's called... just DO IT NOW... it's just natural, and you can't fight nature no matter how hard you try.