LosAngeles

Buick Riviera

6 posts in this topic

Again, done because I HATED the last Riviera...

Incomplete, plus I had to convert it to greycale, since it was only in non-photo blue at the time.
Posted Image

Riviera ! Did someone say Riviera ? Thanks LA, but Im sad to say its not sporty or sexy enough for myself, not that its at all bad either. But the Riv, the Riv is supposed to pop, its supposed to look like something you have never seen, thats according to me anyhow. Im wondering why you did not like the last one / or worse yet "hated" it ? :( You draw pretty good, that actually has some of the side line of the 86-88 or 89 Riv doesnt it ? Not bad but I want something that takes my breath away. thinking more like the Boattail or the 66-69's were. Or the 63-65 for that matter. Something unique like the 1995-2000 was Good job just the same :)

At the time, I was thinking about getting back to a more midsize feel, bringing back the sharp sidelines present in the 63, 67, and 79 versions. The last one? Too big, too frumpy, simply goofy. Not any kind of driver's car in my eyes.

The last one?  Too big, too frumpy, simply goofy.  Not any kind of driver's car in my eyes.

[post="44749"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I understand, have you ever tried to imagine one dropped about 3" with some fat tires on nice chrome, set out to the fenders ? With a stiffened suspension of course ? I like the way they looked myself but I so want to set one up.

I can see some of the stuff you have going on here, might be a little too much Hyundia going on up front though, whats that the X30 or something.

I want to see someone successfully apply the sharp edged pointy shark nose to a modern car. Like the 66/67. Im not talking retro either, Im just talking sharp angles and edges gone modern.

Maybe not possible ?

LA,

Excellent drawing, but I don't see it as a Riviera ... a bit to "plain jane" styling for a Riviera, imho....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"I didn't mean to take away your dreams" ... Hootie & The Blowfish ... 'Only Lonely'

...have you ever tried to imagine one dropped about 3" with some fat tires on nice chrome, set out to the fenders ? With a stiffened suspension of course ? I like the way they looked myself but I so want to set one up.

I'm with you here, razor. Buick has had some excellent body designs, the last Riv being one of them (I will say the last Century, too), but they ride too high and the wheel/tire package could also be improved.
The last Riv was one of the few inspired designs from the '90s.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor