Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cory Wolfe

Cadillac Twelve

12 posts in this topic

For a contest at GMI. Basically it's an V12 powered luxury coupe with a *real* hardtop. Styling came from the Sixteen, XLR, and STS. It would kinda be more sporting Mercedes CL. The front and wheels aren't exactly perfect... but whatever. What do you all think?

Click for higher resolution version.
Posted Image

I think the hood slopes too much and it's a bit short to be the size of the CL or 6er, but other than that it looks pretty good.

Vipes, you are an excellent sketch artist, but your proportions are still a bit off. Your hoods still drop off too fast, and on this one there is not enough rear overhang. I like everything about it except for the proportions.

Fantastic Design! However it looks like a transverse mounted Ecotech would be a tight fit. This thign needs some serious engine bay augmentation if there is to be a DOHC V12 betwen the front fenders. Love the styling and the hardtop roof! And yes, your rims are very detailed. ;) Edited by Sixty8panther

Yes, yes... I definitely know the front is off as I said. I'll just say additionally that it looked better before I got it onto my computer. And Ocnblu, I'm sorry, but I don't like rear overhang at all. So, that part will probably never change about my sketches.

Sixty8, well if you compare it to an XLR... which was one of the reasons why the front slopes so much. It really isn't any higher than this... This just has a really sharp slope and a much higher rear. But once again, I know my front is off.

How about this... For one time only, I'll draw something for you guys' tastes. Sound good? :P

BV: It's a great sketch! We're just giving you constructive criticism.

fuck constructive criticism, you guys suck at it, your too nice

honestly?

its shit, the rims are goofy riser crap rims
the slope is understandable, bad artist
wtf is up with that vent in the side? why the hekk is it soo low, it looks stupid
why the hell is the window so sloped if the good is?
you need too farkin lay down to see out of it, or did you plan on doing that already? punk kid.
the windows go down halfway and what? why no b pillar? itll be a tin can to crush in an accident, never will this thing see production
you fuckin suck :P

on a more real note,
good job, the real complaints are, as far as the actual concept goes, the side vent is weird to me, im not too keen on it being that low, the windows are weird, it should probably have a b pillar for the second window to go down, like the old mustang, it has em
and i dont like the facia, its too plain, i like more original facias, but im sure thats not supposed to be the focal point

great sketch, good idea,
great wheels though the back one is slanted,
work on your proportions and your perspectives,
too much slant for the eyes, and no distortion on vertical lines with these drawings, there isnt any in real life
great drawing though, i hope to see more

im sure you guys were waiting for my constuctive criticism right?

Hardtops kick ass.. this does have a B-pilar... it's holding up the rear window.

i meant that you should have a small fixed seam in between, it looks weird to have it just glass to me i guess it doesnt have to, its prolly structurally sound enough, but it doesnt have a fixed, structural b pillar is what i meant great sketch though

Overall it looks like a CTS coupe to me. I would make it that way, have the 3.6L as the base, Northstar V8 and XV12 as options and V Packages. Great sketch!

Move the wheels away from the corners and call it an Eldorado...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0