First 100F degree day today

Today was the first day it really felt hot. Car thermometer said 130 when I started, but after a few min w/ the A/C on, it settled down to 100. Though one TV news channel says it was only 98. Well, 6 months of heat begins. Looking forward to getting in pool soon. Supposed to be 102 tomorrow, then cool down to the 90s for a few days.

I'd hate living in the desert. We're forecasted to be in the mid-70's for the next week or so. I can live with that.

Yeah, last year took some getting used to. But at least I'm not in the desert..nice and green w/ palm trees here in the city. I think I'll take a little heat over the disgusting gray, damp, cold winters I lived with in Ohio and Michigan. Moving back to that kind of climate would be a big shock to me.

Edited by moltar

Oy vey! Its so warm and i have no AC!!!!!!!!!! :cries:

No A/C? In So Cal? That's unthinkable. I couldn't imagine living anywhere in the US w/o central air at home and A/C in the car..

Edited by moltar

According to my computer, the high for Los Angeles today is 100F and the low is 54F. Thankfully by Wednesday it'll be normal again - 77F high and 54F low.

It's quite odd to see three digits... especially considering how cool it's been the past few weeks. It fi

Went out and dipped my feet in the pool.. still not warm enough to jump in..will take a week or two of weather this warm to get the water warm enough.

Ultimately, I'd like to spend 6 months (Oct-Apr) here or some place else that's warm in the winter (maybe S. Florida, still a lot there that I like), and the rest of the year in Colorado. Or Colorado year round again. My AZ fling will last a couple years, then I'll be off in search of new horizons.

Its been up and down here but thats normal for this time of the year for here. 70's last Friday and Saturday to the uppers 30's Sunday though tomorrow. 70's again by Thursday. It doesnt really bother me though. Maybe because I have lived here all my life. What is funny here is that people wont run their A/C when it gets warm(And it does) because it costs too much but they will keep their heat set at 76-78 degrees in below 0 in winter. Not me.

Today was the first day it really felt hot. Car thermometer said 130 when I started, but after a few min w/ the A/C on, it settled down to 100. Though one TV news channel says it was only 98. Well, 6 months of heat begins. Looking forward to getting in pool soon. Supposed to be 102 tomorrow, then cool down to the 90s for a few days.

Try having a broken A/C in your house in Arizona. Someone is coming to look at it today. Hopefully it will be something that can be easily fixed. My house was 90 degrees inside yesterday.

Woo rain! We need rain.

I wonder if its gonna be one of those cool sunny & warm yet still raining out of seemingly nowhere rains?

Rain is nice..we don't get a lot here, except for the heavy storms during monsoon season.

Rain is nice..we don't get a lot here, except for the heavy storms during monsoon season.

I don't like when it rains here. It makes the air smell like dirt. It's not like the fresh smell when it rains in MA.

That, and it stays humid for about a week after it rains, and as soon as the sun is back out it's into the 100s again. 100 degress with humidity is not fun at all.

I don't like when it rains here. It makes the air smell like dirt. It's not like the fresh smell when it rains in MA.

That, and it stays humid for about a week after it rains, and as soon as the sun is back out it's into the 100s again. 100 degress with humidity is not fun at all.

Agreed, no fun at all.

I did like when it rained in December, though..gray, cool days, rain in the morning..driving to work downtown in the dark in the rain made Phoenix way more interesting than it usually is..

Went out and dipped my feet in the pool.. still not warm enough to jump in..will take a week or two of weather this warm to get the water warm enough.

Ultimately, I'd like to spend 6 months (Oct-Apr) here or some place else that's warm in the winter (maybe S. Florida, still a lot there that I like), and the rest of the year in Colorado. Or Colorado year round again. My AZ fling will last a couple years, then I'll be off in search of new horizons.

Upper 90s here today. Can't say I like it. Not in mid-April. It's always hotter in the extreme northern inland parts of CA, where it is hemmed in by the coastal range - places like Redding, Red Bluff and even Chico are insufferable in the summer.

Moltie, you know I like Denver metro, but it is so damn dry...when the humidity is that low, it messes with my sinuses. Plus I've always thought the Boulder factor and nearby Rockies would attract more granolas than I can tolerate. I do like the housing stock that is available there.

I did a thread once asking about high temp-low humidity or lower temp-high humidity. I could take Atlanta or any Florida major city before Phoenix or anywhere in the West that is similarly hot. I can barely do 1 week of triple digits, no matter how dry.

Upper 90s here today. Can't say I like it. Not in mid-April. It's always hotter in the extreme northern inland parts of CA, where it is hemmed in by the coastal range - places like Redding, Red Bluff and even Chico are insufferable in the summer.

Moltie, you know I like Denver metro, but it is so damn dry...when the humidity is that low, it messes with my sinuses. Plus I've always thought the Boulder factor and nearby Rockies would attract more granolas than I can tolerate. I do like the housing stock that is available there.

I still get nose bleeds from the dryness... but after nearly 12 years in the West, I'm used to dry climates...it was a shock last July to go from Phoenix--110 and maybe 15% humidity--to S. Florida--98 degrees w/ 95% humidity. The humidity sapped all my energy. Good thing for beers and mojitos, sitting at the tiki bar overlooking the Atlantic at my hotel at Key Colony Beach (in Marathon).

As far as AZ summers, the only way I can tolerate it is by having a nice big pool in the backyard. Without a pool, I wouldn't be here...

In Colorado, I don't get annoyed so much by granolas, but by the atheletes--the 5% body fat spandexed bicyclists and runners that slow traffic on the windy backroads.. I love going up in the mountains, not so much for the sports, but for the roads and the scenery.

Edited by moltar

I still get nose bleeds from the dryness...

but by the atheletes--the 5% body fat spandexed bicyclists and runners that slow traffic on the windy backroads..

but for the roads and the scenery.

Yep, overly dry climates send me to the MD to get scrips.

Re the bolded: they, too, are another "check the box" group that can be "cultish" and that I find annoying ... the "horse crowd" is another staple in the foothills of the Sierra...:rolleyes:

Edited by trinacriabob

Yep, overly dry climates send me to the MD to get scrips.

Re the bolded: they, too, are another "check the box" group that can be "cultish" and that I find annoying ... the "horse crowd" is another staple in the foothills of the Sierra...:rolleyes:

Yeah... back in hills of eastern Ohio where I grew up there is another 'horse crowd' that slows traffic--the Amish.. :)

Yeah, I was talking to my sister earlier today, said it's much warmer in Sacramento this week than it's been in recent weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now have the first 100 degree week going on...highs have been over 100 ever since Tues and supposed to be that way into next week. Pool water temp was 81 last night--POOL TIME! By July, the water temp will be 92 or so. Things will cool off again in mid-late September.

I keep telling myself, just one more AZ summer....then run screaming.. :)

Nothing worse than a warm pool.

I don't mind it..better than a cold one. I've tried getting in when it's 78, but that is too cold for me. In the summer, I usually get in after dark..since we don't have DST, it gets dark relatively early..;

I don't mind it..better than a cold one. I've tried getting in when it's 78, but that is too cold for me. In the summer, I usually get in after dark..since we don't have DST, it gets dark relatively early..;

Really? 78 is like the best water temp! Of course your talking to a guy who thinks ocean water temperature is perfectly acceptable. :P

Ditto on the warm pool, cube...I like a warm pool, like you might have in the desert on a summer's evening, but hate hot temperatures. Anything over 95, dry or otherwise, annoys me. We're mid- to high-80s at the moment. However, I can't get a damn day off right now to go up to "the Lake" or anywhere else to decompress, so I'm fairly pissed.

Ditto on the warm pool, cube...I like a warm pool, like you might have in the desert on a summer's evening, but hate hot temperatures. Anything over 95, dry or otherwise, annoys me. We're mid- to high-80s at the moment. However, I can't get a damn day off right now to go up to "the Lake" or anywhere else to decompress, so I'm fairly pissed.

Yeah, was 102 today..the highs are going be pretty consistantly over 100 from now until mid September. I took last Friday off, went back to Denver for 3 days...the gray, cloudy rainy 40 degree weather was heavenly compared to the disgusting tan baked $h! of the desert.