VAN BLASPHMEY!

I interpret this commercial thusly: they show old Ford and GM vans as a jab for them abandoning the minivan market, "Ford and GM vans are obsolete, buy our Odyssey!" Plus, by grouping their van in with the domestic vans, they are trying to insinuate themselves into being seen as a domestic manufacturer, which *HELLO KITTY* they are not. I am more tolerant of Honda when they put on their humble face, "Keep it Simple", and all that. When they get arrogant and overstep by directly targeting the domestic manufacturers, that's when I lose interest in their cause.

I interpret this commercial thusly: they show old Ford and GM vans as a jab for them abandoning the minivan market, "Ford and GM vans are obsolete, buy our Odyssey!" Plus, by grouping their van in with the domestic vans, they are trying to insinuate themselves into being seen as a domestic manufacturer, which *HELLO KITTY* they are not. I am more tolerant of Honda when they put on their humble face, "Keep it Simple", and all that. When they get arrogant and overstep by directly targeting the domestic manufacturers, that's when I lose interest in their cause.

But that reminds me of the Dodge commercial for the trucks when they state smoother pavement ride than the Tundra. They show two side-by-side cameras with the Tundra on the right bouncing around with a deceptive high-speed playback like its wheels are square. These days, keeping it simple means advertising the way political parties campaign with mud-slinging and half-truths. I'm not for any manufacturer choosing such a route.

I found it funny because they used GM and Ford vans, but what choice did they have? No one in America knows about whatever vans there may have been in Japan.

Plu,s even if it did imply Ford and GM abandoning the van market...well whose fault is that? Ford and GM's.

Corny, fun commercial

I found it to be quite stupid.

Van does not equal minivan in any real way.

Utility, nothing can match them quite the same way.

Difference is that the minivans aren't relics on old platforms, "real" vans don't sell to anyone besides fleets for the most part.

I like it, people should respect the van/minivan instead of thinking a wagon on stilts is somehow more practical.

Difference is that the minivans aren't relics on old platforms, "real" vans don't sell to anyone besides fleets for the most part.

I like it, people should respect the van/minivan instead of thinking a wagon on stilts is somehow more practical.

:withstupid:

Meh, minivans can't do what real vans do. The real vans have "gone back to their roots" and almost all of them work for a living. The van customization craze is long dead and has nothing to do with minivans whatsoever, so I see the ad as stupid.

Besides, I "respect the wagon", not the blasted minivan. :neenerneener:

I found it to be quite stupid.

Van does not equal minivan in any real way.

But that's it's intrinsic beauty... americans are so dumb that they won't realize that.... Just like they won't realize (or care) that this is a slap in the face of GM. How much longer until the domestics are completely displaced in our culture? (I'm sure japan Inc. is counting the days and executing accordingly)

The commercial was stupid but the vans did remind me of how hard working the domestic vans are today. GM's full size van with the detuned Duramax is an awesome vehicle. I have seen many Mormons have these setup for 15 passengar use due to their large family and the excellent gas milage they get while hauling a van full of ass down the road! :D

This commercial should of had original wood paneled pentastar minivans in it with the Dustbusters in order for it to be true to respecting the Honda Odyssey.

At least on that level, the commercial would've made a lot more sense.

As it is, it only comes off as trying to 'be cool' comparing a mass-produced generic family truckster to RWD customized vans that represent what people owned because they wanted to, as opposed to what they had to.

As it is, it only comes off as trying to 'be cool' comparing a mass-produced generic family truckster to RWD customized vans that represent what people owned because they wanted to, as opposed to what they had to.

Key.

:pokeowned:

Well, I own my Grand Caravan because I wanted to. The difference is there wasn't a want for 'coolness', but for far more practical use than anything but a full-size, ladder-framed SUV (aka truck) could provide. Why Honda chose this route is beyond me. Nobody buys minivans for the aspiration to be cool. I know if I had to choose between my Grand Caravan and, say, a GMC Savana, I'd pick the Caravan. Not that it matters, but for the sake of argument, IMO, full-size ladder-frame box vans are even less cool than minivans.

P.S.

Fu*$ You Heart (the band) for selling out and giving them rights to "Barracuda" <_<

Best use of a Van since the A-Team. :)