Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

New B4C Camaro

its the police package designation for the camaro, like the 9C1 caprice and impalas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B4C

it looks like a plain jane v6 solid roof but its actually a z28 with no frills.

http://www.kelolandautomall.com/show.aspx?...amp;limit_body=

i've always wanted one, cheap under the radar sleeper.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen anything set in stone nor is it on Chevrolet's police vehicle site. But there are rumors that it is being discussed and with a price tag of 40K. Just be a standard SS model with automatic tranny. Probably have a more optimized computer program like the Police Interceptors.

We had a 96 B4C Camaro for a short time. The dealer swore it was faster than the standard Z28. It even included a roll cage for high speed protection.

Don't kid yourself, most police departments could care less about the environment, and all of them will want the V8. They are not in the job of saving the world, they are in the job of saving humans today. If they wanted to be "earth friendly" they would switch from Crown Vics to Cobalts.

Oregon, and the counties throughout the state, have been picking up new Mustangs every year since they introduced a police package. I have no doubt the Camaro would be the same. As soon as GM can catch up with the publics need for Camaros, they will start selling to Police forces around the country.

One of the guys in my Miata club had a 97 6 speed B4C camaro and gave it to his grand daughter who is 16-17 years old. She's actually taking great care of it and loves it.

That being said, I'd love a current gen B4C...would be nice if they sold them to the general public.

Chris

One of the guys in my Miata club had a 97 6 speed B4C camaro and gave it to his grand daughter who is 16-17 years old. She's actually taking great care of it and loves it.

That being said, I'd love a current gen B4C...would be nice if they sold them to the general public.

Chris

Some have slipped through over the years, and the GMMG Supercars were B4Cs from the factory.

As and as things are economically there's plenty of local police

departments around here getting HEMI Chargers to replace

their Crown Victoria Interceptors.

Think about it, who pays for the cruisers and gas to the tune

of 10, 15, 18 or whatever MPG... taxpayers!

AND

In two or three hours a cop can write tickets for THOUSAND$.

They're ticketing people here like there's no tomorrow.

Another sign of the impending NWO. <_<

Edited by Sixty8panther

As and as things are economically there's plenty of local police

departments around here getting HEMI Chargers to replace

their Crown Victoria Interceptors.

Think about it, who pays for the cruisers and gas to the tune

of 10, 15, 18 or whatever MPG... taxpayers!

AND

In two or three hours a cop can write tickets for THOUSAND$.

They're ticketing people here like there's no tomorrow.

Another sign of the impending NWO. <_<

Preach it Mr. Sixty Eight!

I drive US 23 to Chillocothe every day going to work. 23 is a major drug pipeline and a major speed zone so cops patrol the thing like its the Berlin wall. Saw 7 cars pulled over on my way to work yesterday ayem....

Only bright side is that they are using some Charger Hemi patrol cars which are about eleventy billion times better looking than a crown vic.

I got nailed for 77 in a 55 about 3 months ago...just wasn't thinking...first ticket in 15 years.

Chris

I actually never understood just how good an LS powered car sounded until I drove alongside of a few in traffic with the top down in my car.

That motor just sounds sooooo gooood.

Better even IMHO than a Hemi running WFO out at trails during the Mopar nats...and actually given the performance potential, probably FASTER than the Hemi's also.

Chris

Off topic, but an Ls motor will fit in a Miata...nicely...

http://www.flyinmiata.com/projects/current..._flip.php?x=872

Makes me think hard...Ls power in a car 1000 lbs lighter than a Firebird...

Chris.

Oh, and watching this made the hair on the back of my neck stand strait up.

hehe see post #3, thats the same vid i posted :lol: i think one of those is also a walkaround of a 2002 for sale. the guy talking doesnt have all his facts straight though.

Only bright side is that they are using some Charger Hemi patrol cars which are about eleventy billion times better looking than a crown vic.

there is one other reason it could be bright

P1020308.jpg

P1020309.jpg

P1020310.jpg

possibly a lil high for the miles but where you gonna get another one?

...and no one says you have to. For me it wouldn't work because there is no head room in the back, and my sons friend Nick is 6'6" and my friend Timmy is 6'7" and neither would fit back there.

Hell I'm 5'11 and don't really fit in the back. I don't understand why midsized cars like the Charger or Maxima have such crappy back seats.

But the Charger is still growing on me. I like them in the Chryco heritage colors like Sublime, Top Bannana and Plum Crazy.

Back to the B4C, is there a registry of these cars somehwere, or a list of stats?

I do know manual tranny B4C's are excessively rare.

Chris