Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

Ford reporting better than expected earnings!

23 posts in this topic

No official release yet, but Ford stock is going crazy right now...up 22% to 5.50 in the premarket! I will be celebrating tonight!

Looks like flipping the government the bird was the way to go, doesn't it?

Though I am a GM fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Ford outpace toyota and VW in the coming years do to their strength today.

I cashed in on this move... but just a tad late... it fell .40 from the high first thing by the time i looked. 2 bagger!

Boy do I wish I bought their stock when it was around 90 cents... Didn't it even drop in the 80's?

That's what being able to properly manage your company allows you to do.

Ford's been one of the few bright spots in my portfolio. I should cash some out, and pay for a semester or two.

It will be amazing if Ford is the only one of the former Big Three left. It seems like they are pulling their act together much better than either GM or Chrysler at the moment. I certainly wish them well.

I wish I had the money for Ford stock when it was so low.

I wish I had the money for Ford stock when it was so low.

I have a feeling Ford will drop again in the near-future, especially if GM declares bankruptcy.

I hope Ford pulls through, they've been working very hard to right the ship

That's what being able to properly manage your company allows you to do.

Also by working with the administration - not against it - to achieve common goals.

This article is from November '08, but even then it showed signs of a relatively forward thinking company, different from GM or Chrysler:

Ford Scion Looks Beyond Bailout to Green Agenda

Some of it is perception. Whereas GM and Chrysler have to be dragged kicking and screaming into offering efficient vehicles, Ford portrays itself as a responsible corporation that listens to the public. Their company policies and leadership seem less dowdy, too.

No official release yet, but Ford stock is going crazy right now...up 22% to 5.50 in the premarket! I will be celebrating tonight!

OK I need to brag here for a tick...

So two nights ago, my father and I were discussing what to do with my GM stock...all ~500 shares of it. Since I'm losing close to 18k with bankruptcy talk, and would fer sher lose it when they file...and so I said "OK, let's sell it, ride the tax writeoff for 5 years until the $15k in losses amortizes, and reinvest it into Ford shares, because I want to support the domestic industry, and I only have one option."

So this gets done yesterday morning, and then GM gets a ton of bad news, stock drops even lower, and now today my new Ford is going up. I rock.

OK I need to brag here for a tick...

So two nights ago, my father and I were discussing what to do with my GM stock...all ~500 shares of it. Since I'm losing close to 18k with bankruptcy talk, and would fer sher lose it when they file...and so I said "OK, let's sell it, ride the tax writeoff for 5 years until the $15k in losses amortizes, and reinvest it into Ford shares, because I want to support the domestic industry, and I only have one option."

So this gets done yesterday morning, and then GM gets a ton of bad news, stock drops even lower, and now today my new Ford is going up. I rock.

Good timing. I couldn't invest in car companies right now though. No one knows what will happen. GM could drag Ford down.

The lowest Ford stock got was $1.01, and it was only for a brief couple minutes before it shot back up to $1.05 or so. I averaged my shares to around the $2 mark (bought some at $4 and $5, and a bunch at $1.40), so I'm sitting pretty well right now. I'm contemplating buying more, but Ford is starting to get to the price where it would be a significant amount for me (I like to buy shares in at least 100 bulk so I can keep the brokerage fee down). I think if it manages to dip back down into the 4.50 range I'll buy some more, otherwise I plan on riding this out for 5-10 years or until it looks like it is beginning to trend downward. I see Ford stock being at least $30 in 10 years, if not more...and maybe a split somewhere within that time frame.

Also by working with the administration - not against it - to achieve common goals.

This article is from November '08, but even then it showed signs of a relatively forward thinking company, different from GM or Chrysler:

Ford Scion Looks Beyond Bailout to Green Agenda

Some of it is perception. Whereas GM and Chrysler have to be dragged kicking and screaming into offering efficient vehicles, Ford portrays itself as a responsible corporation that listens to the public. Their company policies and leadership seem less dowdy, too.

Nobody wanted efficent vehicles until the price of gas skyrocketed. That said GM should have still had a few green cars out alot sooner.

My dad is kicking himself because I was badgering him to buy in at 1.20$... Said I gave him better advice than his broker has ever given him :neenerneener:.

My uncle who does a lot of investing and my parents all gave me crap about buying Ford stock, saying I was throwing my money away. Now my uncle is thinking about buying some! :)

I'm making some nice money on my Ford holding right now, I got in when they were trading around $2.

Good timing. I couldn't invest in car companies right now though. No one knows what will happen. GM could drag Ford down.

:yes:

The ecomony hasn't bottomed either.

I'll just buy when things are really cheap....

Standing on our own two feet is an American tradition.

Live free or die, dammit man!

That Ranchero you have been dreading may make it into your garage in 2012...with a 550 H.P. Roush 427 pushing it along quite nicely, thank you.

Chris

:yes:

The ecomony hasn't bottomed either.

I'll just buy when things are really cheap....

Methinks "bottom" is going to be like the old planet of the apes TV shows of the 1970s...

I hope you like those sticks your going to buy in the designer 'bark brown" color, and hopefully you've got lots of small bones and seashells so you can complete the transaction in cash.

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0