Toys

Don't think I have any pictures of my big toys that you all haven't seen already, so here's a small portion of my collection of antique pressed steel trucks & construction equipment that I have in my living room:

trucks.jpg

I get a kick out of these things every time I sit on my couch and look at them. Wide whitewalls on a garbage truck (white truck on the bottom right)? Why not?!

(P.S.- I'm always looking for more if any fellow C&Gers still have theirs and are looking to sell!)

Edited by XP715

I like the two tractor trailers at the top.

The Allied moving van is a Tonka from 1958 and the Texaco tanker is an early 60's Buddy L. My favorites of that particular grouping are the Allied moving van and the 1948 Doepke Adams road grader underneath it.

Oops, forgot to caption it. it's a SuperCub entry level electric R/C plane. It's a blast to fly. My friend had one and got me into them.

So far I've done pretty good and the damage has been limited to the cowl and propellers breaking. It's a blast to fly and always draws attention (which can sometimes be a bad thing).

That's just a small sampling of the diecast I've amassed over the last two decades... my basement is full of plastic storage tubs and Xerox copy paper boxes of other diecast collectibles.

Nice collection. Got any old pressed steel stuff in all of your stuff like I have? If so, are you looking to get rid of any?

I have a bunch of NASCAR 1:24 Diecast mostly Earnhardt Sr and Jr stuff, but put them away becasue I had no room for them to be put in a case. Considering they were $60-$70 a piece I don't want the dust to ruin them. I think Im gonna start collecting muscle car diecast now though.

Nice collection. Got any old pressed steel stuff in all of your stuff like I have? If so, are you looking to get rid of any?

No, unfortunately I don't. My uncle held onto a lot of his toys from the late '50s/early '60s and when I was younger (in the late '70s) he'd let me play with his Tonka toys (inside, on the carpet, where they were safe). He had this blue & white '50s Ford-like Tonka pickup and trailer I used to like a lot; I think my aunt was going to make him give it to me!! By the early '80s though my two cousins came along - both female - and they inherited the trucks for their dolls & play horses. I last saw those Tonka trucks (including a Tonka construction crane & lowboy tractor-trailer) in the early '90s. Secretly I always wanted them, even as I got older, but my uncle never parted with them. I haven't spoken to my uncle (big family separation) since '95.

I do have some Tonka Mighty vehicles in my collection, but they're all newer from the early to mid-'90s when my stepson was little. He rarely played with them - preferring his Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers toys instead - and now my little guy has claimed ownership of them :lol: Good luck with your hunt - I see '50s-'70s pressed-steel toys sell for quite a bit of money at toy shows I attend.

I collect wooden trucks like this car hauler:

100_0735.jpg

My uncle made this one for myself and my brother and we also have a larger semi truck made by him as well. If anyone has any wooden automobiles they're looking to sell, hit me up.

I have a few of those! And some METAL Tonka trucks too.

P1020842.jpg

2004 colorado crew LS. bought new in 04 had 63 miles on it when i took delivery. currently has 73K and is a month away from being paid off.

the rest are my airsoft guns

P1020835.jpg

regular gear setup. Tokyo Marui AK (started life as the BETA Spetznaz now his hi torque eg1000 motor, hurricane upgrade kit, madbull 6.05mm barrel and systema gearset. worth 410-415fps), Hi-Cappa 1911, 2 x 600 rd mags, a 250rd mag, madbull short grenade launcher, 18rd grenade. Currently the AK is out due to a burn out selector plate.

[P1020837.jpg]

closer pic of the Hi-Cappa with Phobus holster.

P1020840.jpg

grenade from business end.

P1020847.jpg

Current primary weapon. 350-380fps Echo1 SOCOM 16 2x440 rd mags

P1020849.jpg

S-System M4 bought off ebay for $70 sans mag and battery for a loaner gun. hurts too much so its only loaned to my team hehe.

P1020850.jpg

new loaner ak-47 pulse made by crosman. pretty decent for $100

P1020852.jpg

KWC desert eagle with 10" sniper barrel. also have the 6" in the box.

P1020854.jpg

first gas pistol. beretta m93r. came with the folding stock, single or 3 rd burst mode. 50rd mag.

P1020857.jpg

all my spring pistols (how it all started) the 2 tone beretta 92 was the first one i bought back in 2000

P1020858.jpg

pump shotgun, decent springer that can lay down good cover. 250rd mag.

P1020859.jpg

yours truly in gear. note that normally we have long sleeve bdu's on but its too hot in SC for that right now. with the increase in FPS we had to step up to full face masks (had a couple of bleeder shots a few games back... ouch.). they have heavy duty screen for the eyes cause goggles fog up bad. usually have a balaclava too but like i said waaaay tooooo hooooooot.

Edited by cletus8269

Well I might as well add a few of my toys in here.

My 2007 Ranger Sport 4x4 borrowing my brother's 33's until my wheels are done.

IMG_0519.jpg

One of my favorite on the truck. Also have 6 strobes and headlight flasher.

th_0121091659.jpg

One of my work toys. 1988 F-250 460ci with 9xxx original miles, 33x12.50's and 12k Mile Marker winch.

IMG_0507.jpg

My other work toy covered in snow. 1999 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. 5x,xxx org miles.

0301091608a.jpg

My airsoft toys. M4 on left with M500 Tact light and PSG-1 on right with 400fps upgrade.

IMG_0717.jpg

My Glock collection. Can you tell which is real ?

IMG_0719.jpg

Massy Harris.... Got one settin out in the driveway right now.

1948 senior 101 alongside a 1952 John Deere A at my grandparents. both are still work horses too. me and my grandpa went through the MH and restored it rebuilt the motor and all. he went back and did the same with the deere recently. now he is working on the IH we got and theres also a D4 dozer under the shed.

1948 senior 101 alongside a 1952 John Deere A at my grandparents. both are still work horses too. me and my grandpa went through the MH and restored it rebuilt the motor and all. he went back and did the same with the deere recently. now he is working on the IH we got and theres also a D4 dozer under the shed.

Ooops, actually meant Harry Ferguson, not Massy harris. Anyway my Dad as a '52 Harry Ferg. with a 60" mower in the back.