Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What could Buick do

ocnblu

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buick should actually try to be like Toyota (the nicer Toyotas) set the Regal against the Camry, LaCrosse against the Avalon, and do a small hybrid like a Prius. Buick needs to get 55-75 year olds that want a soft cushy car and only want to spend $25-35k. Chevy can go against Hyundai, Ford, Honda, Nissan with mainstream and a few sporty models. Or better yet, Buick could stop wasting GM's time and money and those resources can be used on Chevrolet and Cadillac.

Buick is already way ahead of Toytoa. Why would moving backwards in design and engeneering make them better in the marketplace?

Perhaps Buick could make V12 and leapordskin seatcovers standard. That would make them stand out perhaps, smk?

Chris

In other words, GM isn't even trying to keep its Pontiac buyers.

Though they claim otherwise.

The siumple fact is most of the new Buicks have as much power or more than most of the old Pontiacs sold in the last 25 years. The only real performance cars they sold were the Trans AM, GTO, Solstice and G8 V8 in those 25 years I guess you could make a case for the Fiero too.

The rest of the Pontiac has the same or less power than what Buick will offer in most of their present enignes. My GTP has 260 HP about the same as the 3.6. Also factor in most GP's did not come in the GTP paackage and were GT1 or GT2 packages.

The GXP and GTP packages were such a very small percentage of the overal sales. Just look at the G6 Most were just lower non performance models with cheap interior. Factor in how many also went to fleet sales.

It all comes down to the fact the majority of Pontiac buyers did not buy the performance versaion of most of their cars.

Also factor in that many people bought G6's because they were cheap. I have several people I work with driving a G6 not because they had to have one but because it was discounted so much over other brands. Not any loyalty there.

I still think an Insignia will do much better than a G6 in this market if priced well. The Lacrosse is twice the car my GTP was.

While we have not changed here much the market is change to a great degree. The general public has been moving away from performance to reliable, affordable and cars with a lot of electronic features. In the future a onboard indash hard drive will be more popular than many oerformance options. Sad but true. The younger gen is all about electronics anymore.

I am sick of people that thing that Buick has to take the back burnder to Chevy ad Cadilac. They should all be treated as equal. Buick deserves to have more vehicles and I am not talking about getting rebaded Opels. The new Lacrosse is in the right direction. chevys are pieces of $h!. they should stick with econoboxes they should not be allowed to that the Camaro or the Corvettte. Buick needs to have a coupe, convertible and a performance vehicle. Chevys should only ave econ boxes and caddilac pure luxury. Get rid of the Lacrosse nametage and bring back names like the Invicta, Regal, Skyhawk and Skylark, Apollo Lesabre, Park Avenue and Riviera. and the Grand National These are Buicks