21 posts in this topic

Posted Image

original:
Posted Image

all the parts for the cabin are from different cars:
black thing on whindshield-corvette
rollbar thing- porsche 911 targa
guy driving and drivers seat- mazda MX5
passenger seat- custom made (all 'custom-made' are my me, just so we're clear)
passenger side door/armrest thing- custom made

other mods:
rear 'widebody'
brighter logos on side
airbrushed-off side markers, and water-shooting things on hood, and antenna on roof
coupe conversion(obviously)
-that should be about it

comments/suggestions welcome
-camaroman22 Edited by Camaroman22

Pretty clean, but why not just call it an Eldorado?

Pretty clean, but why not just call it an Eldorado?

[post="45671"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

why would i do that? it's an STS-v coupe with a targa top. would a 2-door GP be galled a GTO? i think not. Edited by Camaroman22

In the past a 2dr Seville WAS an Eldorado. The GTO was never a 2dr Grand Prix. As a matter of fact when those tow cars coexisted in the past they were BOTH 2dr only. The chop is cool but I'd rather have a fixed roof Eldorado, leave the Targa thing to Porsche & Vette.

Dude. This is an effing amazing chop. Great job!

Awesome chop, but the door's a little short. Why not just call it Eldorado?

Dont listen to them. Its an STS-v coupe, and it looks great. Keep the targa, I love targa tops. I wouldnt change a thing.

oh, and here's my final version of the chop:
Posted Image
besically just saturation anc contrast changes, but i think it made the chop 'that much better'.

why would i do that?  it's an STS-v coupe with a targa top.  would a 2-door GP be called a GTO?  i think not.

[post="45678"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It wouldn't be an "STS coupe," but an STC (or a 2-door STS, since there are 2-door sedans, and it's upright enough). In any case, Eldorado was always Caddy's most special 2-door, and that there is what it obviously is in the minds of Caddy fans.

And of a 2-door GP wouldn't be called a GTO, because the twain don't meet in Pontiac's hierarchy...GP was always a bigger car, no matter how many doors it had.

I love targa tops myself by the way. There definitely should be more in this world.

[quote name='LosAngeles' date='Nov 20 2005, 11:53 PM']
It wouldn't be an "STS coupe," but an STC (o-------41184676334--

It wouldn't be an "STS coupe," but an STC (or a 2-door STS, since there are 2-door sedans, and it's upright enough).  In any case, Eldorado was always Caddy's most special 2-door, and that there is what it obviously is in the minds of Caddy fans.

And of a 2-door GP wouldn't be called a GTO, because the twain don't meet in Pontiac's hierarchy...GP was always a bigger car, no matter how many doors it had.

I love targa tops myself by the way.  There definitely should be more in this world.

[post="45877"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why not ETC (Eldorado Touring Coupe) while were at it? Caddy used to have it anyways.

Cool, but isn't the term "targa" usually used in reference to mid/rear engined cars?

Targas can be applied to front engine vehicles as well. Thus most Corvettes are Targas. Targas of the past include the Supra Targa (Mks III and IV) and the NSX-T.

Cool, but isn't the term "targa" usually used in reference to mid/rear engined cars?

[post="46522"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope, that's simply a type of roof (The front engine Supra had one). Targa roofs don't have the bar in the middle like the old T-tops GM was known for.

yeah usually rear/ mid engine cuz a lot of em are but as they said there are front engine targas i love it i think this i better than the XLR presonally i like the front better def

[quote name='Camaroman22' date='Nov 23 2005, 02:34 PM']
[quote name='mute' date='Nov 22 2005, 12:32 AM']
yeah usually rear/ mid engine cuz a lot of em 676334--

[post="47525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

[/quote]

huh?

its ok, the interior is really blurry, and the selection around the person is kinda off, but the design itself is pretty cool, like the wide kit is a nice add, bascially I like your ideas.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor