If you could DROP 5 GM models

Satty

So, you've created automotive life in the other thread, lets perform some automotive abortions.

Hummer H2-I hate them and the people who drive them. Tools.

Pontiac Grand Prix-Its ugly, handles poorly AND has a cheap interior with almost no back seat room. Why bother?

Saturn Relay-How many minivans does GM need? The Terraza is somewhat more upscale, so one of the other three has to go. Chevy is the "Full line" brand and Pontiac deserves the SV6, so the Relay goes bye-bye.

Chevrolet Monte Carlo-Do people still buy these? FWD coupes are dead and if they make it RWD then there is no need for a Camaro and since you're all Camaro humpers, I said the MC has to go.

Buick Rainier-Um, its dumb?

Buick Terraza: Buick + minivan = :blink: Pontiac Torrent: Really very little reason to buy this as opposed to the Equinox and does not fit the sporty niche Pontiac is trying to compete in. Pontiac SV6: Same problems as Torrent Chevy SSR: In spite of it's retro charm, I can't see why anyone would buy this (particlarly over a Corvette) Saturn Ion: This car just needs to go and have an Astra VXR replace it pronto.

Let's see here... Buick Terraza - leave the minivan game to Saturn and Chevy Pontiac Montana SV6 - there's nothing remotely sporty about a minivan Buick Rainier - fills the same slot as the Envoy Denali Saab 9-7x - doesn't fit into the Saab lineup, I'd rather see them get a crossover to replace it Pontiac Torrent - like the SV6, there's nothing remotely sporty about it. A FX35/45-like replacement would be fine, though.

WEll, ther's plenty I would replace or redesign but as far as "getting rid" of 5 models... 1. Torrent 2. Aveo 3. Classic 4. Whole Saturn line 5. Un-drop the Sky and call it a "Chevy Corsair" and Un-drop the entire Olds line.

Okay, seriously, what's with the hate for the Aveo and Saturn? Aveo is necessary for both CAFE numbers and for people who want an economical domestic. You want them to get an Echo instead? Saturn also attracts people who would never set foot in another cheesy high-pressure Chevrolet dealership.

1. Pontiac Montana/Montana SV6, do I have to explain? 2. Chevrolet SSR, I only see them as sweepstakes prizes. 3. Saturn Ion + Pontiac Pursuit, competition for Cobalt, or confusion of the market. Although I'd rather see Saturn scrapped altogether then a return of Olds. As for the Pontiac, just one thing: If you're going to do it, then do it right. Don't give us no crappy rebadge job like slapping a pig's nose on a Cobalt! Kappa sedan, please! Why have three (yes, 3) close to identical cars? 4. Chevrolet Epica. It's more expensive than a Malibu and smaller. It's not upscale either. Why bother? If you really want a more upscale midsizer, go see Buick or Pontiac. 5. Chevrolet Optra. No point, I only see it as a showroom placehold before the Cobalt hits. It's underpowered and the quality is somehow comparable to a Cavalier.

Chevy SSR. It's ugly, it's big and heavy, it's expensive, it rattles and twists, and it's pointless. Pontiac SV6. Duh Saab 9-2X. Its sales are picking up, but it's still just an Impreza with a new nose. GMC Canyon. As shameless as the CSVs, yet gets very little press. GMC will have plenty of new volume from the Acadia and sub-Theta to afford to drop it. I hope the 2009 version is much more differentiated from the Chevy. Envoy XL and Trailblazer EXT. Not only does the added length and raised rear roof make this duo look goofy, but I can't really see a reason to get one over a GMT900. Chevy Monte Carlo. The 2006 refresh is a pathetic attempt to squeeze out the most redneck sales as possible with the least possible investment. Edited by CSpec

You must be on medication or just hanging over from the party last night  :lol:

[post="3409"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No wait, that would be my "drop all but five" list. :lol:

For a serious one, hmm

Isuzu

the CSVs (replace the Chevy and maybe Saturn with good models)

SSR & HHR (Sorry, just don't like retro, though CCR rocks :metal:)

Ranier

Monty Edited by Enzora

Okay, I'm pissed that I have to stop at five, so I'm continuing my list.. 1-4. All the CSVs (haha.. is a comment necessary?) 5. SSR (Hello, ugly.) 6. HHR (the 50s called and want their styling back you idiot) 7. Aveo (Redesign it AT LEAST. It's small and terrible) 8-9. Monte/Impala Redesign (HELLO, DCX TWINS) 10. Torrent (Uhh, hi. Are you an Equinox? No? Damn.. you sure?) 11. Cobalt sedan (At least redesign it and its damn ugly greenhouse/rear) 12. Park Avenue (Please, GM. This thing's older than Buick itself) 13. LeSabre (Yep, please see above) 14. Rainier (Can you say pointless?) 15. H2 (at least redesign this gas-sucking beast) 16. ION (or at least redesign its ugliness, especially the interior) 17. L300 (they call it "style-conscious" but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder) 18. Safari (Um, has this EVER been redesigned?) And there's my quite short list. I'm not including Saab because I don't follow them. Only the core American brands.

Okay, I'm pissed that I have to stop at five, so I'm continuing my list..

1-4. All the CSVs (haha.. is a comment necessary?)
5. SSR (Hello, ugly.)
6. HHR (the 50s called and want their styling back you idiot)
7. Aveo (Redesign it AT LEAST. It's small and terrible)
8-9. Monte/Impala Redesign (HELLO, DCX TWINS)
10. Torrent (Uhh, hi. Are you an Equinox? No? Damn.. you sure?)
11. Cobalt sedan (At least redesign it and its damn ugly greenhouse/rear)
12. Park Avenue (Please, GM. This thing's older than Buick itself)
13. LeSabre (Yep, please see above)
14. Rainier (Can you say pointless?)
15. H2 (at least redesign this gas-sucking beast)
16. ION (or at least redesign its ugliness, especially the interior)
17. L300 (they call it "style-conscious" but obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
18. Safari (Um, has this EVER been redesigned?)

And there's my quite short list. I'm not including Saab because I don't follow them. Only the core American brands.

[post="3467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ok i really dont like ur list take off all saturns HHR impala and cobalt and ill agree o and start following saab cuz they need to be dropped

I would dump the following: 1. Buick Terraza 2. Buick Rainier 3. Chevrolet Monte Carlo 4. Chevrolet Malibu Maxx 5. Saturn Ion 6. Saturn Relay 7. Saab 9-5 8. Pontiac Torrent Edit: I completely forgot about the Buick Rendezvous...dump it! Edited by HarleyEarl

I have not one problem with the upcoming Saturn. I LOVE where they're going. Notice how I left out the Aura, Sky, and VUE from my list? They need to redesign the ION/L300 is all. Add a wagon, maybe. Saturn's a brand with immense potential. And, FWIW, I could care less if we have Olds. I sure hope this was just a misunderstanding on your behalf... And I can't argue a damn thing on Saab. I don't follow them and I hardly see them on the street.

First of all, I used to like Saturn until it became GM's favorite and Pontiac became GM's least favorite. However, I see a place for it through my hatred. Unlike Buick, which I like. Why only five, though? GM has many vehicles that need to vanish from the face of the earth. But, I'm not getting into to many specifics... Atleast not today. So for now... Needed Removals: -Entire Hummer lineup -Entire Buick lineup -Entire Saab lineup

*shakes head*

Chevrolet dropped the Monte Carlo back in 1988 ya'll ... period. ;)

As for my list ...

Torrent
Terraza
Rendezvous
9-5
SSR

Cort, "Mr Road Trip" / soon2be ex-"Mr MC", 31swm/pig valve/pacer
MCfamily.models.HO.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
IL & area MCs = http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/imcog/
MC's future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/
"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

Wouldn't know how to make such a list, but I'll attempt to. -the Aveo sedan (I HATE sedans that small and narrow, the hatch is good enough) -the ION sedan (the coupe is beautiful, the sedan is badly carved) -Montana SV6/Relay (only Chevy and Buick need vans....and even Buick could use more of a luxury spin on it) -DTS (Escalade should be the only non-Sigma in the lineup) -Torrent (redundant answer to a question no one was asking, basically there for volume purposes) -Rendezvous or Rainier (pick one, drop the other...luxury SUVs are a necessary evil in this market....or you can merge the two: put the Rendezvous greenhouse on the Rainier's lower half, and you have a unique winner) -CTS or BLS (no room for both...one rear-drive entry-level Caddy to replace them)

Okay, well at least we're on the same page.

Oh, and people have been hating on Saturn since it has been created and ESPECIALLY since Olds died. Who knows why... <_<

[post="3512"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:blink: just go look at the friggin things, they are for people that hate cars but must own one for transportation. They were built on profits made from the other divisions which were profitable but robed for product because GM spent money on saturin Saab and Fiat instead of R&D for BOP. right now the remaining used saturins are being bought for beginner cars for teenagers but they dont seem to last long. saturin has never turned a profit, its been over a decade, its clear they are being coddled.

The HHR does look very me-too unfortunately coming out how many years after the PT made a smash? My list: 9-7X - We really need a 4th version of the Trailblazer? Ranier - Buick needs a trailblazer too? (Come on, stop with the flippin brand engineering - its so 80's) SV6 - yep, it ain't sport and 3 minivan types should cover, eh? Chevy for domestic lovers, Saturn to battle Imports, like it was supposed to do when launched, and Buick for a high-end Town & Country buyer Hummer H3 - It's got the looks and its less pricy, but isn't that what's so appealing about buying a Hummer? Something about exclusivity being lost. The Classic - just drop it. The new 'bu so beats it hands down, so why keep it alive in fleets for people to get a hold of what it's like to reinforce the old-style GM? Edited by Summer Cruiser

BV: all joking aside you don;t really want Buick gone do you? That's heartless! Buick is a CORE brand but then again so was Olds... I mena w/out Buick there would not be a Chevy or a GM.

BV: all joking aside you don;t really want Buick gone do you? That's heartless! Buick is a CORE brand but then again so was Olds...

I mena w/out Buick there would not be a Chevy or a GM.

[post="3697"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Look, I love Buick. I really do. But when it comes down to it, GM doesn't have enough room for two luxury brands. That combined with how Buick's core buyers will be... uh... dead soon. As the years go on, I really don't see sales increasing for Buick. And it's definitely between Pontiac and Buick... I'm sorry but I'll take Pontiac over Buick.

I wouldn't really call Buick a luxury brand, more of an entry luxury brand like Chrysler. The problem is that if Buick tries to move up with RWD cars and such then they're going to run right into Cadillac, and I doubt there are many people who would pick a Cadillac over a Buick. Buick should stay right where they are now in terms of pricing.

...and the Angel of Death swings his mighty scythe on...

1. "Chevrolet" Aveo. Let's make a real Chevy people, not a rebadged Daewoo. Daewoos are piles of crap. Do you really want a Daewoo pile of crap representing Chevrolet?

2. Chevrolet HHR. Completely needless. The PT's sales are going downhill, and the last thing Chevy needs is something that overlaps the Equinox. However, I wouldn't drop the Torrent, beacuse Pontiac needs it, and it's a LOT better than the Asstek.

3. Buick Terrazza. Buick should NOT be making a minivan.

4. Saab 9-2X. A WRX with a new nose? No, thanks.

5. Buick Rendezvous. See Terrazza.

Are you being serious?

[post="3956"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If being serious were a delicious seven course meal, I'd be a tic-tac. Cut in half. That somebody stepped on.

You want to know what I noticed? Well, too bad... You're going to hear it anyways. The Monte looks like it would make a nice truck... Seriously... Look at it. :lol:

[post="4067"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Whoa, you're right. I never noticed that in any other picture I've seen of the Monte Carlo somehow. :blink: