Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Well I've taken ocn's "advice"

I almost want to come too. I still think there is fun and good times to be had here, but people need to understand that whats happening now, WE have no real control over. We just need to keep doing what we are doing and have a positive outlook on the future.

Someone on CD suggested I join lhforums.net. Great place...lots of nice people. Some amazing cars there too. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner (probably because I didn't know about it). It's like finally coming home. :P

Dodgefan, let me post right here and now I have no problem with you personally, you are a nice boy and there's nothing wrong with being a Dodge fan. But stand over here for a moment. You are an administrator at a GM fan site, yet you continually interject flattering posts about Chrysler products into GM threads (we have an "Other Guys" section where we can all celebrate "off brands", which I have done and will continue to do), and you have bashed GM products in your posts in GM threads... look at your posts in the "What Can Buick Do?" thread. As you ratchet up your praise for Chrysler products in GM threads, don't you think it is natural for GM fans at a GM site to bite back?

Both companies are fighting for life right now in an unprecedented series of serious events, a "perfect storm" of little calamities that have added up to possible death for one or both. We are all on edge as fans. Times like these, fans are going to rally together to try to keep the tone as positive as possible for their respective "teams".

I don't want to see anything happen to Chrysler. I love the 300, Charger and Challenger. The Ram is nice, and the Wrangler... all I'm asking is that you be sensitive to us as GM fans as we watch "our" company fight for its survival, seeing as you are an administrator, and I thank you for taking the job here.

LHforums sounds like it will be fun for you as a side gig.

Edited by ocnblu

And found myself a new forum to hang out at.

Great minds think alike DF, here are the 3 English language ones I can be found on from time to time, and of course once in a great while here. However on grandprixforums.net, I don't use PCS there ...

http://www.grandprixforums.net

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/chevytrucks.php

http://www.bimmerforums.com

I won't list the German language sites, unless someone wants to know, German is a lot like Klingon ... :P Don't forget just 6 more days until the new Star Trek movie is released, Live Long and Prosper ... :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Even if you go there full time, you'll still be here, snooping as usual.

As you can see by my post count, even though I have been here since the start of the latest incarnation of the site, I do do a lot of snooping as usual.

Sorry Dodgefan... I'm with O.B. on this one.

I too hope with all my heart & soul that

Chrysler, GM & Ford all survive, rebuild and

someday thrive again.

It still breaks my heart that Oldsmobile and

Plymouth have died in "recent" times.

Imperial & AMC were killed off in my youth.

Add that to the demise of Packard, LaSalle,

Studebaker, Duesenberg/Cord/Auburn,

Pierce Arrow, Marmon, Peerless, Franklin,

Duryea, Stutz, Hudson, Stanley Steamer,

Locomobile, Nash, Rambler, Hupmobile,

Baker Electric, REO, Essex, Thomas...

I could go on long enough to crash the forum.

Edited by Sixty8panther

And found myself a new forum to hang out at.

Dont blame ya, C&G has been pretty much divided between two camps for a while now. The Pontiac circle jerk and the non-Pontiac circle jerk, so its not like you'll be missing a whole lot if you dont hang out here as much. Oh Fly, where art thou?

I used to enjoy coming here because of the people and the interesting discussions that would go on, as well as I found it a good hub for automotive news in general. The posters members were level headed, and while yes I'm a Chrysler fan, I'm a fan of cars in general, so its nice to get a different view of it, especially here since it wasn't just full of "omg GM can do no wrong and everyone else sucks". That's what made this place special.

However lately more than a few people have been walking around with rods so far up their asses they can probably taste it. They're letting the bad automotive news spill over into other aspects of the forum. It's just not enjoyable to log in anymore.

Which is a shame, really, as this has been for years my favorite site to log on to.

I don't plan to leave or anything, but I think I will cut down on posting besides new news threads and posting the Lounge, at least until the dust settles.

Wanna go makeout in the bathroom?

You're a complete tool.

"Pontiac circle-jerk"? f@#k YOU!

Why don;t YOU leave this forum and start posting

on "Prius Drivers Who TROLL on GM forums (.com)"

Vulgar humor is annoying as f@#k when that is all

you spew. Your posts just come off like pure

disgusting, perverse, juvenile idiocy.

Gawd, I never thought I'd know a GUY who is more

sarcastic & more of a bitch than my wife is during

her visit from "Aunt Flo"

Sorry some of us are "circle-jerking" about Pontiac

you f@#k-stick, If you could actually discuss CARS

for once instead of just acting like a $h!head

juvenile delinquent spewing insults, innuendos &

nasty digs at fellow members, you might notice

that ANOTHER part of Americana is being put

to death at the Guillotine... or perhaps at the

"Catherine wheel" More American history, legacy

& prosperity is being flushed down the toilet.

But you just go right ahead & keep posting about

your usual hobbies: Mullet Envy, sodomy, incest

& circle jerks... <_<

You're a complete tool.

"Pontiac circle-jerk"? f@#k YOU!

Why don;t YOU leave this forum and start posting

on "Prius Drivers Who TROLL on GM forums (.com)"

Vulgar humor is annoying as f@#k when that is all

you spew. Your posts just come off like pure

disgusting, perverse, juvenile idiocy.

Gawd, I never thought I'd know a GUY who is more

sarcastic & more of a bitch than my wife is during

her visit from "Aunt Flo"

Sorry some of us are "circle-jerking" about Pontiac

you f@#k-stick, If you could actually discuss CARS

for once instead of just acting like a &#036;h&#33;head

juvenile delinquent spewing insults, innuendos &

nasty digs at fellow members, you might notice

that ANOTHER part of Americana is being put

to death at the Guillotine... or perhaps at the

"Catherine wheel" More American history, legacy

& prosperity is being flushed down the toilet.

But you just go right ahead & keep posting about

your usual hobbies: Mullet Envy, sodomy, incest

& circle jerks... <_<

:lol:

Satty, I like you better when you make jokes about anything other than fans of GM. Why don't you get your gf to trade that Prius on a Fusion Hybrid? Or even a 2.5L 6 speed manual Fusion? I'm sure it's improved over your old one, and it looks good, too.

Getting back to cars...I enjoy Bimmerofrums, Miatanet, and SCCA Forums. Also enjoy TDIclub and VWvortex.

But I rarely post on them. I love most of the guys here...just not in the Satty sort of way.

DF, keep us posted on the intrepid.

Since my next car is probably going to be a MINI Cooper S or a TDI Golf (GTI perhaps) I'll probably move over to North American Motoring (the MINI site).

Chris

I love the Mini Cooper. I was just over at their site this afternoon, building and pricing. A Cooper S the way I'd want it is dangerously close in price to Camaro 1LT/RS territory, though.

I love the new Camaro, Mustang and Challenger...and wish there was a Firebird, Javelin, and Barracuda to go with them. However, I'm 43 years old, I've been a car fan since I was 6 or 7, and I've been around the older versions of these cars for say 35 years.

Kinda wanting to go a different direction.

But I still lust after the new Camaro.

Chris

Some things just never change.....

I just slut myself all over the net...I am everywhere.... :mind-blowing:

You online whore. May be you should have that as a part time job.

Coming back to cars. The E46 BMW has a new found respect in my heart.

But my car is still the Corvette, and the ones with Z moniker or the 427 StingRay and No other car can take that away from it.

Actually ocn, that comment of yours was pretty hurtful, especially considering how long I've been here, and all of the work I've done for this site. It, coupled with the hysterical and downright nasty posting has made me take a closer look about whether or not I give a &#036;h&#33; about C&G anymore.

from my pov, DF's obsessive love for anything pentastar doesn't get in the way. it just hurts his credibility and is a bit whachadoodle. but that's okay, and doesn't get in the way. it's not like he's out there declaring he stole pontiac's underwear.

I wasn't trying to be hurtful. I was trying to be nice about it. We need to get over this shellshock.

How about an apology for the comment?

On another note, the Prizm, despite being a Corolla underneath, is still technically a GM model, and far less of a rebadge than the Cavalier/Sunfire. If you've got a problem with that, take it up with GM, but it is classified as a GM car. So bite me. :neenerneener:

the Prizm, despite being a Corolla underneath, is still technically a GM model, and far less of a rebadge than the Cavalier/Sunfire.

HUh?

I think it's the Cavalier/Sunfire that are LESS of a rebadge.

At least they're both 100% GMs.

A Toyota Motor & mechanical guts in a GEO body are not

"less of a rebadge" than a Pontiac wearing completely

different skin than a Chevy.

Either way, we're splicing atoms.

Pontiac died years ago. There were a few great products

that gave us false hope, like the 4th gen. Firebird/Trans Am

Holden-GTO & most recently the awesome & death deifying

Zeta G8-GT which will go don in history as one of the best

cars to ever wear the arrowhead.

It's just too bad that GM sucks at life so damn much.

Pontiac is being killed of in vein, a good solid product

lineup would sell like hotcakes, as it is though they can

not even outsell lame turd-buckets like Scion. :(

For whatever reason, GM completely reskinned the Corolla to make it a Prizm (the 2nd gen anyway). They don't share a single body panel. Even the roof is different. Inside, GM used different fabrics and the dash was redesigned.

Also, I wasn't directly referring to Pontiac, just 2 GM compact cars on the same platform that have less distinction.

For once 'm not even aware of half of these

pissing contests that are going on. I've got

limited time to f**k off online & all I know is

that certain members here are not here for

the cars.

If you're not here too contribute to C&G

but are constantly baiting fight or just

wasting everyone's time with utter stupidity

than I lose patience w you after while.

Edited by Sixty8panther

This thread ends now.

You guys wanted more moderation? You got it. My busy season with the rentals is just about over.

:admin:

I'm not joking. Everyone, including the other admins, need to take a chill pill.

Consider this everyone's first warning. I'll start putting people on suspend if it keeps up.