May I have a 6-speed?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This last week I saw 3 XKs, all convertibles, all different colors...light blue, silver, a darker blue.

On my way to Lowell today I saw an orange Challenger SRT8 parked at a pub...I felt tempted to pull a U-turn going 45 on a busy road but decided against it. :P

The only Honda I can say I really desire: a beautiful black NSX.

Drove by our local Chevrolet dealership, and they had a yellow Camaro! Standing next to it, it doesn't seem as big as I expected. Outward visibility does seem "compromised," but I could get used to it. Interior looks good, plastics aren't mushy but they are soft/rubber feeling. Stereo and controls look/feel good. Door panels look good, arm rests are cushioned. I don't see what all the complaining about the interior is, really. Trunk opening is small, but trunk is large.

Yesterday was a Chevelle day. I saw atleast 5 of all different years. I think one was a 65, one a 68, a 70, a 72, and some other one that fits in between two of those.

Also, a Porsche 944 and a slew of cars for sale. An original VW Cabriolet, a third gen Camaro, two third gen Firebirds, a lifted two-door Cherokee, an old 70 or so Buick Skylark (will have a pic up sometime today) and an 80 or so Chevy Pickup that was lifted with mud-diggers and a sweet paint job that was professionally covered with fresh mud. :P

1987 monte carlo aerocoupe (relative) a cherry 1986-7 olds cutlass black with paint so fine you can see the cars reflections from the road (a solid 20yds away) and a formula firebird in need of much love.

53218799_pr.jpg

like that but all orange and no front clip... sigh.

I had some time to kill this afternoon, so I went and looked at a non-metallic beige Kia Soul with tan and gray houndstooth interior. They also had a coffee brown one with the same interior. My mom still wants one. They're cooler than an xB, I'll give them that, not bad really. White Suede Fusion Hybrid. Cool color on a hideous car... aqua blue Mazda 3. And a stunning white Challenger R/T... all at their respective dealers. I was going to go for a drive to check for Camaros, but none yet show up on Chevy's web locator within 100 miles of me... sigh.

New white Challenger R/T with factory black stripes/markings and the 20" chromies...following me then me following him, side by side, vice verse for about 10 miles as I was speeding up through PA yesterday, on my way to Bethlehem.

pachallenger1.jpg

pachallenger2.jpg

Fun, and one heck of a cool car on the road...he admired me and I admired him. Then a new black M3 driven by a girl somehow appeared and kept trying to tag along with our hotness, but just didn't have the visual :AH-HA_wink:

I got to drive Excitement!!! this weekend in Colorado..had a Pontiac Vibe rental from Alamo. Meh. wierd inside, wierd outside, hard to see when backing up (very poor rear quarter visibility). Didn't see too much memorable when I was out and about, besides a rusty orange '69 Dodge Charger that I remember seeing about 10 years ago in Colorado Springs, still around there now; and a dark blue '05-09 Mustang GT with Italian number plates on the front and rear.

Also saw a white '10 Fusion Hybrid, first '10 Fusion I've seen..sharp looking car.

Also saw a black LaForza, haven't seen one of those in ages.

Edited by Cubical

My mom is funny. She likes the Kia Soul and the Nissan Cube, so we went for a test drive in each yesterday evening. Only she made ME drive. The Soul is sportier looking inside and out than the Cube. The Cube has a nicer interior and rides more comfortably, but I just cannot glom onto the CVT. And the Cube looks soooo weird. She likes the Cube better after the "test ride".

Well, this is what I'd call more bittersweet: my old Sierra! It was two ahead of me when I first spotted it, a stupid Civic was between us. It soon turned off and then I could see how dirty it was. New owner also had a hitch put on it, and vent visors... not to mention fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror. At the next red light, I seized an opportunity. I slipped the Cobalt up into neutral, set the brake and ran up to speak to the grizzled, 50-something driver.

"Hey I don't mean to scare ya, but this is my old truck! I traded this truck in at Red Lion Chevrolet." He got a surprised look on his face. I said "How's it running for ya?"

"Well, I just got it back from them, the damned posi unit was skipping on tight turns. They had the rear out of it. It still ain't right. This was your truck, huh? That's incredible." And the light turned green, I had to run.

So my beautiful former 2007 Sierra is having a hard life. I never thought I'd see it again, since the dealership I traded it to is like 30 miles from me. At this point, I wish I hadn't seen how it's being treated, sigh...:(

My mom is funny. She likes the Kia Soul and the Nissan Cube, so we went for a test drive in each yesterday evening. Only she made ME drive. The Soul is sportier looking inside and out than the Cube. The Cube has a nicer interior and rides more comfortably, but I just cannot glom onto the CVT. And the Cube looks soooo weird. She likes the Cube better after the "test ride".

I like the Cube much better than the soul, although I would have to have the 6 speed, as I hate Nissans CVT.

Chris

'58-59 Ford panel truck, ambling down I-78 East.

'56 Bel Air 4-dr sedan, 2-tone blue

'50 Cadillac 4-dr sedan, a disgusting non-stock pink.

...the poor Cadillac "deserves" better.

Chris

'63 Chevy Nova II 2-dr hardtop pro-street car, tubbed, caged, surgically clean, flawless but yellow.

I'll see you and raise you one, sir.

63 chevy nova II 2 door hardtop pro street car, Tubbed, Caged, Dirty as hell, flawed and flat primer black. I loved it...mean and nasty looking.

Chris

...also, driving home from class Monday night, top down, beuatiful night, alongside the river on riverside drive (duh) a wonderful 78 Indy pace car vette.

It was intoxicating...sky...stars...river...the vette rolling along beside me with the rumble of the V8 through the night air.

Someday I want to own a 78 Indy Pace Car Corvette replica, but my wife thinks they are ugly.

Ahhh...

Chris

I saw what looked like a G37 convertible. They must have one coming out soon. There is a Nissan proving grounds a few miles from my house.

They are and very possible, I like the coupe better still tho.

Saw a new 2010 Camry LE sedan with the updated front. All I have to say is YUCK. Also saw another 2010 Fusion, nice looking car.

'56 DeSoto Firedone 4-dr sedan, pink over charcoal.

'59 Bel Air 2-dr sedan

'59 Lincoln Mark IV convertible.

'60 Olds Super 88 2-dr hardtop.

Pair of '62 GPs.

'63 Buick LeSabre convertible.

Pair of '62-64 Studebaker GT Hawks.

'71 GTO Judge hardtop (1 of 357)

a Bricklin

'59 Bel Air 2-dr sedan

Pair of '62 GPs.

a Bricklin

56 DeSoto was a great looking car, paced the Indy 500 that year and is one of my fav. 1950's cars.

Been awhile since I've seen a 62 GP, always loved that body style.

As for a 71 Judge, a few years ago a 71 Judge convertible showed up at a car show here in Columbus, and it was a real 71 Judge ragtop, not a clone.

Rare car...I think they built 60 something of them, but I can't remember and its too late to look it up.

Chris

'59 Bel Air 2-dr sedan

Pair of '62 GPs.

a Bricklin

wow...how do you see so many oldies on a Wednesday? All I usually ever see on Wednesdays are mostly forgettable modern cars on the freeways and in parking lots. To see that many oldies in one day, I'd have to be at a weekend car show.

Edited by Cubical

The other day I saw an Alfa 164L. Today the highlights were a Challenger SRT8 and a 2010 Camry.

I actually saw three red Challengers today, two R/T models and one of the orangeish SRT8's.

Chris

Yesterday was a "Cut By an Acura Integra Day." Not one, not two, not three but six different Acura Integras (one brown, three whites, one blue and one red) cut in front of me at different locations on my way back from a site in a distance of only 96 miles.

Yesterday was a "Cut By an Acura Integra Day." Not one, not two, not three but six different Acura Integras (one brown, three whites, one blue and one red) cut in front of me at different locations on my way back from a site in a distance of only 96 miles.

Similarly for me, yesterday was zombie woman in a white Corolla day... driving down the freeway yesterday morning, a white previous gen Corolla cut across 4 lanes of traffic w/ no signal to exit in front of me, and later in the day, almost got hit in the parking lot at work by another white previous gen Corolla, zombie driver yakking on her phone..