Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...

2006 Buick Lucerne
2006 Cadillac DTS
2006 Chevrolet HHR
2006 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe
2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE

What other cars are new from GM this year?

While the other three entries aren't anything spectacular, the success of the HHR and the Pontiac Solstice are nothing to scoff at.

Not to mention...

2006 BMW 3-Series
2006 Dodge Charger
2006 Ford Fusion
2006 Hyundai Sonata
2006 Infiniti M
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
2006 Mazda MX-5 (Miata?)
2006 Mercury Milan

Hell, I'd sooner give the award to...

2006 Lexus GS
2006 Lexus IS
2006 Toyota Avalon

And that's not even all of this year's new cars.

All of which I'd rather own than the Civic.

[post="46724"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

IMHO the Solstice and Lexus IS deserve this award far more than a stupid ugly mediocre econobox with a sega dashboard. The Solstice features big time chassis innovation, 10 star design, and an efficient development budget and process to produce a phenomenal entry. The IS, aside from passion, has out BMW'ed BMW. The 3 series is still top drawer, looks aside. the new civic has no appeal to anyone other than ricers who's 15 year old tarted up crx is finally wearing out, now that they are making more than 22,500 a year and actually have a credit card.

Some magazine out there declared the Cobalt SS a better car than the Acura RSX, and I assume that Acuras are supposed to be superior to Hondas (THERE IS A SUBSTANTIVE DIFFERENCE YOU KNOW) so the Cobalt SS by virtue of that analysis is a better car than the Civic so IT SHOULD BE COTY.

The Mazda3 is the far more appealing compact than the Civic.

aaaantoines list lists several cars more deserving than the Civic. Boy, M/T blew this one BIG TIME and just lost an assload of cred. Honda definitely wrote the big check this time around. Edited by regfootball

the new civic has no appeal to anyone other than ricers who's 15 year old tarted up crx is finally wearing out, now that they are making more than 22,500 a year and actually have a credit card.

Some magazine out there declared the Cobalt SS a better car than the Acura RSX

[post="47241"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, those "ricers" will hopefully stick to their crap box CRX's as they will never have enough money to buy a new Civic. They spend too much money on $140 intakes, $500 fart cans, and $1500 rims.

As far as the magazine. You may be referring to Road and Tracks: East meets West comparo. Read it again, and you'll see that the Acura is much more refined than the Cobalt. It loses (if you want to say that) 587.1 points vs the Cobalt's 587.4 points, due in large part to the fact that the Cobalt is supercharged. The Acura Type S is designed to be sporty but luxurious at the same time. If they compared the Cobalt SS to a JDM Type R (Honda Integra Type R), the cobalt would've lost by a much larger margin.

While on that note, the new Civic Si is rumored to be taking the place of the RSX Type S (but staying with Honda of course), with most of Honda's lineup moving up, and not really having a place for the RSX. Nothing has been said for sure though, but the Si does come with a better engine, an LSD, and a better suspension setup than the RSX Type S. If compared side to side, the RSX's lower weight would be the only thing helping it.

While on Road and Track, it looks like they have a comparo of the two Roadsters you guys have been talking about, here.

The Mazda 3 is still a better package IMO, so the choice of the Civic is puzzling.  Though I am getting used to the look by now.

[post="47097"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Interior design alone it blows the Civic away. You sit in a Mazda3 and you think it is expensive. Sit in a civic, you feel like you are in a cheap car. A car that thinks it is a 2003 Aerio, (last car cheap car I know to have a digital speedo). Cockpit styling my ass!

No, those "ricers" will hopefully stick to their crap box CRX's as they will never have enough money to buy a new Civic. They spend too much money on $140 intakes, $500 fart cans, and $1500 rims.

As far as the magazine. You may be referring to Road and Tracks: East meets West comparo. Read it again, and you'll see that the Acura is much more refined than the Cobalt. It loses (if you want to say that) 587.1 points vs the Cobalt's 587.4 points, due in large part to the fact that the Cobalt is supercharged. The Acura Type S is designed to be sporty but luxurious at the same time. If they compared the Cobalt SS to a JDM Type R (Honda Integra Type R), the cobalt would've lost by a much larger margin.

While on that note, the new Civic Si is rumored to be taking the place of the RSX Type S (but staying with Honda of course), with most of Honda's lineup moving up, and not really having a place for the RSX. Nothing has been said for sure though, but the Si does come with a better engine, an LSD, and a better suspension setup than the RSX Type S. If compared side to side, the RSX's lower weight would be the only thing helping it.

While on Road and Track, it looks like they have a comparo of the two Roadsters you guys have been talking about, here.

[post="47271"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think it was another magazine, NOT road and track.

Interior design alone it blows the Civic away. You sit in a Mazda3 and you think it is expensive. Sit in a civic, you feel like you are in a cheap car. A car that thinks it is a 2003 Aerio, (last car cheap car I know to have a digital speedo). Cockpit styling my ass!

[post="47273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL, love the Aerio dig.! Fact is when Suzuki fixed the Aerio interior just recently, its quite well done and in fact compares well. It might even be more desirable than the new Civics game pod interior.

The Solstice is the most ground breaking vehicle on the list.  A very affordable RWD American roadster???  When was that last one of these was built?  I don't even remember......maybe the Mercury Capri (lame)?

Sure, the CiviD might be nice for Honda, but it's nowhere near as ground breaking as the Solstice!

[post="46900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That 1991-94 Capri was not American-it was built and imported from Australia, based on the previous Mazda 323 platform.

Interesting...when I was in Cali for work last week (Oakland and San Fran), I saw at least 10 new Civics--mostly sedans, but a few coupes also.

[post="46980"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Just another reason for me not too like that other part of California. I've only seen one sedan and maybe two coupes in So Cal.

Not competitive. When you look at the MX5, which is also all-new (the main criteria for entering the COTY competition) and is BETTER than the Solstice, the Solstice moves to no greater than SECOND in its segment.
It's posted elsewhere. And if you're using a media-whore like Delorenzo as your source, you should be more careful.
I guess this would have made sense in the day when imports didn't compete for the COTY title with the domestics. Being an "affordable RWD AMERICAN roadster" doesnt' matter when it competes against the likes of the MX5, which is a better roadster.

The Civic is at the top of its segment...the Solstice is not. And the Capri was never offered as a RWD roadster...and the FWD convertible wasn't American.

[post="46954"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well DeLorenzo knoes more about the industry then most of us here. If what he says is true about how part of the criteria for choosing COTY, media whore or not, it makes COTY irrelevent except to it's readership.

Motor Trend Car of the year is a joke. I read somewhere last year that one of the criteria that motor Trend uses to pick a winner is how the car is incorporated into an ad with Motor Trend's Car of the year award. So if the car companies don't put together something to kiss the ass of Motor Trend, then they will not pick it. It has less to do with picking a competent car then sucking up to Motor Trend. I think the article I read was at the AutoExtremist, but since I am not a member, I do not have the ability to access the archived articles. Doeas anyone else remember thsi article?

[post="46797"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Listen....I'm not saying that the MT COTY is true gospel, but I will tell you this....I've worked for three manufacturers and in a couple of cases, was close to the PR department.

"Kissing MT's ass" has far less to do with who they pick than you think. I've been on the winning side, and the losing side.....and I was with a company that ROYALLY kissed MT's ass....but you know what, it doesn't work....or it didn't in those cases.

I'm sure the editors have certain biases like we all do.....but don't try to make it out to be all about ad dollars and ass-kissing.....

And what do you call the Solstice? :huh:

[post="46860"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Solstice is awesome....BUT does it bring anything new and innovative to the (admittingly small) market segment it competes in? (re....against the new MX-5?)

No...

Also, Solstice is not perfect and falls behind the Mazda in certain areas.....interior quality, trunk space, overall engine flexibility....

So while Solstice will be a hit in the marketplace, for sure, I'm not sure it was strong enough, OVER the MX-5, to take the calipers home.

AND....on the other hand.....MX-5 doesn't do anything really radical to improve it's standings in the segment....versus it's previous edition...and it's not THAT big of an improvement over ITS competition (Solstice.)

LOL!

What a surprise :rolleyes:

GM puts out excellent cars and gets nothing, Honda puts out a chintzy, ugly, uninspired Civic and gets awards....

Seriously, the car is more puketacular than the Prius looks-wise, has the interior look and feel of a 1995 Chevrolet Lumina and isn't that much of a "performance bargain" given the power to fuel economy. Yet, the media still bites and gives it GLOWING reviews... All the while americans are buying them up as fast as they get on the lot (Seems to me anyway, as I've seen A LOT of them on the road already--even more than the Cobalt and HHR)

Wow, between the Ridgeline and Civic, Honda must be really good at.... Well, lets not go there.

[quote]Let's see...

2006 Buick Lucerne
2006 Cadillac DTS[/quote]

These were probably too 'old man' for their audience.

[quote]2006 Chevrolet HHR
2006 Chevrolet Impala[/quote]

OBVIOUSLY too copycat of the PT and the Accord :rolleyes:

[quote]2006 Pontiac G6 Coupe
2006 PONTIAC SOLSTICE[/quote]

Yeah right! The G6 and a good review are an oxymoron. As for the Solstice...well... Who knows why they won't say anything positive about it? I can't even figure that one out.

[quote]Not to mention...

2006 BMW 3-Series
2006 Dodge Charger
2006 Ford Fusion[/quote]

All three deserved to win IMO.

[quote]2006 Infiniti M[/quote]

Impressive in it's own respect.

[quote]2006 Lincoln Zephyr[/quote]

LOL!!! Yeah right!! A lincoln as COTY... Image suicide for MT

[quote]2006 Mazda MX-5 (Miata?)[/quote]

This one puzzles me too

[quote]2006 Mercury Milan[/quote]

see Lincoln Zephyr response

[quote]Hell, I'd sooner give the award to...

2006 Lexus GS
2006 Lexus IS
2006 Toyota Avalon[/quote]

All more deserving than the Civic, for sure!

***I think it's to the point that there are so many great new cars that it's pretty much a draw from the hat anymore... Well, the asian hat that is.

Solstice is awesome....BUT does it bring anything new and innovative to the (admittingly small) market segment it competes in? (re....against the new MX-5?)

Does the Civic really bring anything revolutionary to the party??? (Seriously; I can't think of anything)

It's very hard to be truly innovative in todays cut throat market.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but I find it hard to believe that the Impala, Lucerne, DTS or LaCrosse would have won COTY solely because of the platforms that underpin them. They are not new, they've been around for a while. Surely the rest of those GM cars are new and very much improved but no magazine is going to give a major award to a car that's platform is not brand new.

No...

And the Civic does?!?!? :blink:

Also, Solstice is not perfect and falls behind the Mazda in certain areas.....interior quality, trunk space, overall engine flexibility....

So while Solstice will be a hit in the marketplace, for sure, I'm not sure it was strong enough, OVER the MX-5, to take the calipers home.

AND....on the other hand.....MX-5 doesn't do anything really radical to improve it's standings in the segment....versus it's previous edition...and it's not THAT big of an improvement over ITS competition (Solstice.)

Still... either one of them is more worthy than the Civic.

Listen....I'm not saying that the MT COTY is true gospel, but I will tell you this....I've worked for three manufacturers and in a couple of cases, was close to the PR department.

"Kissing MT's ass" has far less to do with who they pick than you think.  I've been on the winning side, and the losing side.....and I was with a company that ROYALLY kissed MT's ass....but you know what, it doesn't work....or it didn't in those cases.

I'm sure the editors have certain biases like we all do.....but don't try to make it out to be all about ad dollars and ass-kissing.....

[post="47475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

O.C. ca you tell me who thes three manufactures were? just curious. I was just implying that there is some kissing ass going on in the marketing idustry and MT is part of that. They have to keep their readers happy and if statistics show they are predominatly import drivers, then they ahve to cater the magazine to their needs or they loose marketshare. I subscribe to two Pontiac magazines and who do they cater the magazine to, me the Pontiac enthsiast. If these Pontiac mags concentrated on mostly modern front drive Pontiacs they would lose their core audience who is not into front wheel drive cars. I beleive in a certain way Motor trend is no different. You give the people what they want to hear. It is part of the subliminal message.

Well DeLorenzo knoes more about the industry then most of us here. If what he says is true about how part of the criteria for choosing COTY, media whore or not, it makes COTY irrelevent except to it's readership.

Until reading the comments on this thread, I would have said that most of the members of this forum knew more about the automotive industry that Delorenzo. But so many of the posts on this particular thread are trying their best to change my mind on that one.

I love the fact that so many people are saying that they're going to cancel their Motor Trend subscriptions because the RIGHT car was chosen for COTY. Nobody's offered a compelling story as to why the Solstice would be a better choice than the MX5, let alone the Civic, for COTY. Same goes for the Fusion, Sonata, Impala...

Guest carpetbagger

I can't believe this discussion has gone on for this long without a mention of this:

Posted Image

[post="47494"][/post]

but that is too limited production, the C6 should have won on its debut year tho

. Nobody's offered a compelling story as to why the Solstice would be a better choice than the MX5, let alone the Civic, for COTY.

[post="47588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Are there any complelling stories in the automotive industry these days? Isn't the standard line that the use of non-propitory computers and their software, as well as all the contract players like Lotus, etc. mean that there are no loosers today.

Until reading the comments on this thread, I would have said that most of the members of this forum knew more about the automotive industry that Delorenzo. But so many of the posts on this particular thread are trying their best to change my mind on that one.

I love the fact that so many people are saying that they're going to cancel their Motor Trend subscriptions because the RIGHT car was chosen for COTY. Nobody's offered a compelling story as to why the Solstice would be a better choice than the MX5, let alone the Civic, for COTY. Same goes for the Fusion, Sonata, Impala...

Why pick a Civic over a Fusion?

The reason the Solstice is a better choice is because it looks better, has a nicer looking interior, and that GM brought a car to market when everyone said GM won't build it, or if it is built it won't look like the concept, or it will not be affordable, or GM can not develope it fast enoungg, and on and on. This is a significant achievement for GM and finally gives the MX5 some competition. I have never said the Solstice should have won, but that there were other cars that were better then the Civic, both domestic and import.

The reason the Solstice is a better choice is because it looks better, has a nicer looking interior

[post="47654"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Come on, that is purely personal opinion, and is not a "reason" that it is a better choice.

IMO, I like the Solstice overall, but the front grille just yells "Pontiac" too loud. If they would have done something different with that grille and the too-big fog lights, I would probably like the car better. The rest of the body really looks nice compared to the Miata (did I say Miata? I meant mx-5).

When you look at the numbers though, the Mia... err Mx-5 is a better buy, depsite any small handling differences/preferences.

IMO, I like the Solstice overall, but the front grille just yells "Pontiac" too loud. If they would have done something different with that grille and the too-big fog lights, I would probably like the car better.

[post="47700"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I would like it less. The Solstice is the best looking Pontiac since the 1970 GTO. The big Pontiac grille is the best thing about it.

Come on, that is purely personal opinion, and is not a "reason" that it is a better choice.

IMO, I like the Solstice overall, but the front grille just yells "Pontiac" too loud. If they would have done something different with that grille and the too-big fog lights, I would probably like the car better. The rest of the body really looks nice compared to the Miata (did I say Miata? I meant mx-5).

When you look at the numbers though, the Mia... err Mx-5 is a better buy, depsite any small handling differences/preferences.

[post="47700"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Give me a break. The Pontiac split grill has been used since the 60s and is a Pontiac theme that identifies it as a Pontiac. How many cars can you look at and immediatly know what brand it is? Mercedes, BMW are a couple that come to mind.If Pontiac did something different with the grill then every one would say, it doesn't look like a Pontiac front end. If it aint broke don't fix. There are plenty of companies trying to figure out what their siganture should be in a market that is saturated with products that have no character. Look at all ther variations of front ends Chevy has used, the car and trucks line don't even look like it was designed by the same company. I see nothing wrong in keeping the Pontiac DNA, signature or whatever the hell people want to call it. You now have Mitsubishis that look like Pontiac front ends. BMW has been using their kidney grill design for a long time but nobody complains about that, oh wait, it is because it is a BMW? And Motor Trend's view of the interior of the Miata is not an opinon as well!

I could care less that the Solstice didn't win cause they will sell all 20K they can build anyway,winning COTY wouldn't of done much to help sales. If I was rooting for a GM model to win I would want it to be a high volume seller and right now they don't have anything that could win. As for the Civic I don't care for the funky new digital dash which of course if it was in a GM car they would rip to shreads and say it looked like something out of an Oldsmobile. I've only seen 3 on the road so far and trust me I live in the import / econobox /small car capital of North America but I'm sure it will be great seller cause its got the big H up front.

While the Civic is a nice compact sedan, there are plenty of other cars out there that are new this year that are much more impressive. No, I'm not saying that a GM product should've won, but I think that this story may have been a bit slanted towards Honda. I wouldn't be surprised if the Ridgeline wins best pickup since Motortrend's editors have already set it up to be that way. Edited by Cadillacfan85

The new Civic? COTY?! That's disgusting. The Solstice should have gotten it, if not another vehicle. They say their COTY winners have "significance". What's so important about an awkward Japanese sedan with a repulsive interior?

The thing about the Solstice is, regardless of how well it stacks up against the MX-5, it's a game changer for Pontiac. When was the last time Pontiac got this much positive attention? Last time I visited a Pontiac dealership, there was a gorgeous blue Solstice in the center of the showroom, and there were at least three transactions taking place while I tried on the Solstice (it fit perfectly :D). One family was buying an Aztek, another couple was with a salesman checking out a G6 coupe, another doing papererwork with another salesman at his desk. The previous time I visited that dealership, you could hear a pin drop. Will the Civic have that much of an effect on Honda dealerships? I think not.

The Solstice is incredibly significant to Pontiac and GM, but to the overall automotive industry, not so much. If the new Miata wasn't out the same time as the Solstice, giving the editors the opportunity for back-to-back comparisons, I'd guess it may have had a fighting chance of winning. As for the Civic, Honda took some chances with it. From the 197 hp Si coupe to the Hybrid sedan, it is undoubtedly one of the most significant players in the compact car segment. I haven't been in or driven the new Civic yet, so I can't comment on it from personal experience. But there's nothing telling me that Honda has blown it with the new car, other than with some questionable styling. I thought that the 3-Series was going to take the award, but I recognize that as good as the car is, it's only incrementally better than the outgoing model. The new IS350 and GS430 are also great driving cars, but they don't provide anything that isn't already offered by BMW aside from the big engine in the small car.

The Solstice should have gotten it

[post="48062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Solstice is great and everything, especially for Pontiac. It looks good and will definately get attention. But for a performance car (a roadster at that), it is rather lacking. The Civic Si performs better in about every aspect (R&T measured a 4ft longer 60-0 braking distance however), gets better mileage and is more livable.

The Civic Si, getting a 40hp limited slip HP boost as well as lots of upscale ammenities, is a large step for Honda, and has already made a large splash in the performance car segment, even though it hasn't even hit the showrooms yet.

Then there's the Sedan, which gets 30/40 EPA mileage, even though it comes with a lot of Acura-like features, and is by no means bare bones (btw, that rating is for the automatic, not manual). Then there's the Coupe, and of course the Hybrid model. Why do you guys not think the Civic was deserving of this award?

There are much more significant entries, IMO. A new Civic is always a big deal because it's usually considered to be one of the best economy cars. It's always better than the last-gen, popular, reliable, well built, etc. An all-new Civic is really nothing new, if you can see where I'm coming from. When was the last time an American manufacturer actually had an all-around credible midsize car? When the Taurus first appeared years ago would be my bet. I would have given COTY to the Fusion and my second choice would be the new IS. I still haven't gotten the latest MT yet so I still need to read the article. I keep getting AW though my subscription ended last month and I didn't renew.

The reason the Solstice is a better choice is because it looks better, has a nicer looking interior, and that GM brought a car to market when everyone said GM won't build it, or if it is built it won't look like the concept, or it will not be affordable, or GM can not develope it fast enoungg, and on and on. This is a significant achievement for GM and finally gives the MX5 some competition. I have never said the Solstice should have won, but that there were other cars that were better then the Civic, both domestic and import.

I agree that the first two points are very subjective...and the third point is EXACTLY what GM fans complain about. If a magazine said "oh, it's great for a GM product," you'd be up in arms! It has to be great for the automotive industry, not just proof that GM can do something outside it's narrow box.

Name one product that should have beaten the Civic.

As for the Fusion, it's nice, but it's hardly class leading or a stand-out among its peers. The best thing the Fusion has going for it is that it's a "great car for Ford."

As for the Fusion, it's nice, but it's hardly class leading or a stand-out among its peers. The best thing the Fusion has going for it is that it's a "great car for Ford."

[post="48847"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, they did that for the Lincoln LS.

I disagree. The Fusion is a great car for any manufacturer and I think that has been proven by the reviews of both the auto rags and C&G members who test drove it. It is the only domestic car that can actually compete with the Accord and Camry and, as shown by at least one comparison, beats one and comes close to taking the top spot. It is a much more significant entry than a new Civic. It may not be a revolutionary car overall but it is a revolutionary car for the American auto industry and that is significant. Like I tried to point out before, a new Civic is comparable to a new F150 or Corvette. You know it's going to be best in-class because it's the respective manufacture's bread-and-butter, "halo" (in a sense) product. I find there's nothing really significant about that and COTY is supposed to be awarded to significant cars.

I disagree.  The Fusion is a great car for any manufacturer and I think that has been proven by the reviews of both the auto rags and C&G members who test drove it.

I haven't driven the Fusion yet, but I have driven the Milan. Perhaps my expectations had been too high (I really wanted to like the Fusion/Milan/Zephyr triplets), but the Milan was a good car...not outstanding. The Civic I drove, however, was the best car in its class.

The Solstice is great and everything, especially for Pontiac. It looks good and will definately get attention. But for a performance car (a roadster at that), it is rather lacking. The Civic Si performs better in about every aspect (R&T measured a 4ft longer 60-0 braking distance however), gets better mileage and is more livable.

The Civic Si, getting a 40hp limited slip HP boost as well as lots of upscale ammenities, is a large step for Honda, and has already made a large splash in the performance car segment, even though it hasn't even hit the showrooms yet.

Then there's the Sedan, which gets 30/40 EPA mileage, even though it comes with a lot of Acura-like features, and is by no means bare bones (btw, that rating is for the automatic, not manual). Then there's the Coupe, and of course the Hybrid model. Why do you guys not think the Civic was deserving of this award?

[post="48101"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

now i get it.....it won because it satsifues the ricers (si) and the greenies (hybrid). i guess the only thing you need to do now to win COTY is to have vtec and also offer a hybrid.

I agree that the first two points are very subjective...and the third point is EXACTLY what GM fans complain about. If a magazine said "oh, it's great for a GM product," you'd be up in arms! It has to be great for the automotive industry, not just proof that GM can do something outside it's narrow box.

Name one product that should have beaten the Civic.

[post="48847"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

civic is not a stand out.......i doubt it beats a mazda3 in terms of desirability.

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]

Reg, I love ya man, but save some posts for your children and your children's children, 'kay?

[post="49482"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

140 lb ft is not enough torque to win COTY is my point

is there a posted LIMIT on posting?

i only posted in series as opposed to one post because i was responding to prior posts and its a pain int he ass to consolidate responses to individual posts. Edited by regfootball

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]

140 lb ft is not enough torque to win COTY is my point

is there a posted LIMIT on posting?

i only posted in series as opposed to one post because i was responding to prior posts and its a pain int he ass to consolidate responses to individual posts.

[post="49490"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You have to admit, its a bit funny seeing you quote yourself.

repeat 140 lb. ft.!!!!!!

[post="49480"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It wishes that it were 140. According to the Honda web site its 132 @ 5000 rpm. I'm not saying the civic does or does not deserve this piece of shite award. However the Si with its Corolla dash board, boring style, and rubber band band engine may be the least qualified of all civics. Personally I prefer the natural gas civic.