Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Jalopnik: This Is NOT How To Install A Hitch [LOLCars]

12 posts in this topic

Fifth_wheel_installation.jpgForum member "Offroad250" over at Truckblog spotted this fine example of redneck engineering. Instead of mounting his hitch in a truck bed, this rocket-scientist installed it to the tailgate of his old S-10 Blazer.

Unfortunately we don't have larger images so that we may dissect the carefully thought-out details, but from what we have it's clearly evident the engineer behind this project went through at least one, no, two cases of beer before and during the installation. You can see the install isn't just on the tailgate, because that would be silly. Instead, the mounting brackets span the tailgate and mount onto the rear load floor. We can also see the installer took the time to beef up the system with what appears to be chain from a child's swing to back up the tailgate cable. Yessir, that there is a fine example of backyard ingenuity. 5th_wheel_install.jpg

[TruckBlog]

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=wfEOU7yIo1c:6uRncy9E6CQ:D7DqB2pKE full?i=wfEOU7yIo1c:6uRncy9E6CQ:V_sGLiPBp
wfEOU7yIo1c

View the full article

:blink: I think this person is pulling slightly over the manufacture suggested tow rating on this particular S-10 Blazer.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Unbelievable what people will do.

...and people around here wonder why our Province won't insure 5th-wheel or equivalent trailers unless the owner has no less than a 3/4-Ton pickup.

"Gosh dang them there's some stewpid folk."

I wonder if I could do that, like if I unbolt the trunklid from the Cobalt maybe I could drill holes in the trunk floor and bolt down a fifth wheel...:scratchchin:

Thats going to get someone killed.

Thats going to get someone killed.

hopefully they are not in the thing when it's moving.

Hope it has near F1 brakes..actually, semi-brekes. ;)

I cannot get a great look at the Blazer, but judging by the chrome surrounds on the tail lights and the flat dash panel, coupled with the steel wheels with black centers...that is an 85 or an 84 blazer...so it is either a 2.5 Iron Duke or the BIG BLOCK 2.8 V6! I really don't think that blazer has the 4.3 Vortec in it.

That is really effing scary to even EXIST in somebody's mind - let alone on the road! I also remember the HUGE sticker on the truck that basically screamed at you that you will DIE if you drive with the rear of the truck open to the exhaust.

This thing has Darwin written all over it!

I cannot get a great look at the Blazer, but judging by the chrome surrounds on the tail lights and the flat dash panel, coupled with the steel wheels with black centers...that is an 85 or an 84 blazer...so it is either a 2.5 Iron Duke or the BIG BLOCK 2.8 V6! I really don't think that blazer has the 4.3 Vortec in it.

That is really effing scary to even EXIST in somebody's mind - let alone on the road! I also remember the HUGE sticker on the truck that basically screamed at you that you will DIE if you drive with the rear of the truck open to the exhaust.

This thing has Darwin written all over it!

LMAO!!!

Edited by Daryl Z71

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0