Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

Buick Small Car

25 posts in this topic

A sudden idea that popped into mind. Don't have a name for it either.

Probably not for North America though. Too small to be Buick. Maybe Buick Excelle in China to replace the mediocre Optra clone.

Posted Image

Update: Here Edited by ToniCipriani

Just import Opels like in the 50s, 60s & 70s. What?, I'm not kidding! I'm serious. Sell Opels through Buick dealers.

Just import Opels like in the 50s, 60s & 70s.
What?, I'm not kidding! I'm serious. Sell Opels through Buick dealers.

[post="47075"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

that'll be Saturn's charge.

Wow that looks really good. I didn't realize the Vectra's headlights were so similar to the Lucerne's.

I actually like that look. What car is that based off of?

[post="47154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's the Brazillian Chevrolet Vectra.

Wow, I like that alot. very cleanly chopped too! B) Its like a baby Lucerne. :o

That would make an excellent new Skylark.

[post="47165"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree. This would sell very well as a US Skylark (or Century) with the Ecotec & 2.8l V6 as available engines. The new 6-sp auto would make the most of both powerplants.

I'm not sure that I'd put the ecotech in a Buick. It's a decent engine but not refined enough for a Buick. No, just to the 2.8vvt for the Skylark CX and CXL, and a 2.8vvt Turbo for Skylark CXS.

Probably won't work. The 2.8L isn't a small engine, from what I heard. This thing is a modified Astra platform, not Epsilon.

Ah, I thought this was epsilon. The 2.8 is the same physical dimensions as the 3.6. Make it look like this, but put it on epsilon, quiet tune it, give it the two engines I mentioned, and pat it's butt on the way out the door. edit: And stop building the 19k LaCrosses. Edited by Oldsmoboi

ToniCipriani: Thank you for sharing this! As !!!TED!!! wrote, a "baby" Lucerne. The grille looks v-e-r-y nice on this front end (I personally am glad the plain, bigger space between the grille and the headlights, on the Lucerne, is gone).

AFTERTHOUGHT: What, no portholes? Will Chinese Buicks have the portholes, too? Edited by wildcat

Apparently Chinese Buicks don't share so much of the heritage cues as the NA Buicks do. They're just rebadges to a certain extent, except for the Regal and the GL8, are updated W-Bodies and U-Bodies. In China, the status of Buick is similar to Volkswagen. So if it's for the Chinese markets, I don't think portholes are needed. Plus, two portholes on each side looks disturbing :P Edited by ToniCipriani

Please fellas, ventiports, ventiports, ventiports Ill agree with the positive posts here. SmallV6 & turbo or blower options are great ideas. So why is the "small" V6 as large as the large V6 ? Of course you have to love those 60* blocks with overhead cams. T A L L ! Maybe a small 90* V8 is in order ? Good idea Toni !

Well since some of you are asking for portholes...

Posted Image

Although 8 holes on a 4 cylinder car will be wierd. But again, 4 holes is just retarded.

Maybe two long+thin portholes on each side would look more balanced. It's not required for the portholes to be the same style for each and every Buick. I do like this concept. Very much. It looks like a great entry level Buick. The Portholes help :)

Sudden Idea: Readapt the whole design for shortened Sigma. CX: 2.8L VVT V6 CXL/CXS: 3.6L VVT V6 Super or GNX: LS1 6.0L V8 (Make this one a limited edition, and with this it'll justify for 8 Ventiports B) ) Won't really interfere with the CTS, since it's after BMW and Mercs. The Buick will have a complete different suspension setup. I think I'm getting unrealistic here, but there you got yourself a Lexus IS fighter. Edited by ToniCipriani

Sudden Idea: Readapt the whole design for shortened Sigma.

CX: 2.8L VVT V6
CXL/CXS: 3.6L VVT V6
Super or GNX: LS1 6.0L V8 (Make this one a limited edition, and with this it'll justify for 8 Ventiports  B) )

Won't really interfere with the CTS, since it's after BMW and Mercs. The Buick will have a complete different suspension setup.

I think I'm getting unrealistic here, but there you got yourself a Lexus IS fighter.

[post="52262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, I like that idea. Alot. A shortened Sigma's a great idea. The chop is excellent, and the ventiports complete the look. I think it would be a disservice to put a 4 in there. The 2.8 and 3.6 are the better choices, as you stated. This car would be a great IS figher (the baby Lucerne B) ).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0