Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: Suzuki XL7 production put on "indefinite hold"

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Plants/Manufacturing, Crossovers/CUVs, GM, Suzuki

roth-suzuki-xl7-garage-580.jpg

According to Automotive News, Suzuki has elected to halt production of its only North American-built model, the slow-selling three-row XL7 crossover. Blaming the nation's subprime loan crisis, Suzuki spokesman Hideo Kojima has confirmed that no additional examples of the America-only model will roll off out of General Motors' CAMI joint-venture facility in Ingersoll, Ontario. The plant is still operational, however, continuing to produce other GM vehicles for the remainder of the model year.

Given GM's dire financial state, you might expect for Suzuki to be worried about the future of the their arrangement, but apparently that isn't so. AN quotes CEO Osamu Suzuki as saying: "The possibility that CAMI would be forced into closure or a production stop is 120 percent impossible... it is a central pillar in the reconstruction plan, so I am not worried about it."

So while there may be a paucity of new kabuki-faced XL7s headed out onto North America's roads, Suzuki apparently believes that their joint venture with GM will find a way to carry on.

[source: Automotive News, sub req'd]

REPORT: Suzuki XL7 production put on "indefinite hold" originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 13 May 2009 13:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=NoGftyveG1Y:3JZt6cr9PyA:wF9xT autoblog?i=NoGftyveG1Y:3JZt6cr9PyA:V_sGL
NoGftyveG1Y

View the full article

i drove one once and needed to get as fast as i could. i have seen a lot of these being sold used as rental returns.

I think I've only noticed 3 of these since they have been out..kind of scarce.

Did you see that their spokesperson is Hideo Kojima? I'll bet Solid Snake was involved in this.

solidSnake.jpg

....another utter piece of $h! that needs to die as an automotive product.

Good riddance.

Chris

.....And the world continues to not give a $h! about Suzuki. Want to know how pathetic my local Suzuki dealership is? They have a G5 parked up front, its the first thing you see on their lot when you drive by.

The world not giving a $h! about Suzuki shows that there is hope for our species.

I hate the whole Suzuki lineup.

Chris

It's funny...I always forget the same Suzuki who makes my motorcycle also makes cars.

They should stick to motorcycles.

Edited by Nick

Suzuki is pretty much dead in N. America :)

Did you see that their spokesperson is Hideo Kojima? I'll bet Solid Snake was involved in this.

The same Hideo Kojima? I thought he busy working on MGS: Rising!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0