Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

2010 Lincoln MKT first drives

24 posts in this topic

i guess the enclave just became irrelevant.

Not if you don't like the MKT's styling.

Love the interior though, looks way better than the Enclave's.

Interior, stylistically, certainly is not 'blowing away the Enclave's' IMO- nice, just different.

Amenities may well be another matter, tho.

the enclave is better looking in terms of design, although both look bloated. the enclave is curvy. the MKt is lumpy. the enclave likely has superior seating and cargo function.

but if the press reads are true, the ecoboost and handling make it much better to drive than the enclave.

truth is nearly all crossovers look either bloated, clumsy, or stupid. the MKt is not a huge offender. the cx9 is probably the sleekest looking crossover and even that still screams 'wagon'.

so i do give the enclave style points.

i think the MKt has a major edge in tech features.

should be interesting to see how this powertrain functions in the SHO with track package.

to me, i wonder what the least expensive config for an ecoboost flex will be. competing against itself, i would much prefer a Flex over an Mkt or an enclave.

to me, i wonder what the least expensive config for an ecoboost flex will be. competing against itself, i would much prefer a Flex over an Mkt or an enclave.

This is one of those rare instances where we agree on something reg. :P

This is one of those rare instances where we agree on something reg. :P

what i want to see.....mustang with the ecoboost v6. another car i want to see....a fusion, fwd, 6 speed manual, 2.5l ecoboost 4.

The ecoboost technology is interesting, and from what I have read regarding the performance and mileage, I think that Ford is spot on with providing customers with the performance they want (nobody needs 350 hp) and mileage they want, mid 20's is great for the MKS, low 20's not bad for a 5,000 lb fat wagon.

I am liking what Ford is doing right now. I am hoping for some ecoboost models in te future as well.

Fusion with an Ecoboost 3.0 V-6 and AWD

Next Gen Focus an Ecoboost 2.0L I-4 and AWD (Focus RS anyone?)

F150 with the Ecoboost 3.5 V-6 (I would seriously buy one of these)

Wonder when will GM be in a state that allows them to bring out a DI twin turbo version of either the 3.0 or the 2.8L V6...

Wonder when will GM be in a state that allows them to bring out a DI twin turbo version of either the 3.0 or the 2.8L V6...

Given GM's history, I'd say 30 yeard after everybody else.

Given GM's history, I'd say 30 yeard after everybody else.

Sadly, I agree.

Back on topic, I know I'm in the minority, but I really like the MKT, I just hate how Lincoln is giving all of their cars nearly identical names.

Where's the insane number of buttons that are "necessary" for a luxury car dashboard?

Nice vehicle, I hope it does well. Where does this leave the MKX?

Where does this leave the MKX?

$7,000 less expensive and with a seating capacity of 5

These Lincoln names are driving me nuckin' futs.

These Lincoln names are driving me nuckin' futs.

Seriously. I even dare not to look at the topic when I see the alpa numberic A55RGY.

It really is hard to keep track. At first I thought MKT was the Lincoln F-150. Its pretty rediculous.

What's worse is that a dude employed by Ford for the Lincoln display at the auto show I went to had trouble remembering which 'name' belonged to which vehicle, getting the MKX mixed up with the MKZ. He got them right, but if I was just an average car buyer, I'd have been frustrated, and wondering what the hell Ford was thinking.

It really is hard to keep track. At first I thought MKT was the Lincoln F-150. Its pretty rediculous.

That was the Mark LT. They will probably have an MKB (Fiesta based sedan) and MKC (Focus based sedan or crossover) eventually.

aside from the kardashian a55, a job well done.

Took some thought to figure out what a 'kardashian a55' is, but makes sense once I figured it out.. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room