Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

If you could destroy one car in a movie...

Here is the question-you are producing a big bucks Hollywood movie with a script you've written. The villan/anti-hero dies at the end in a brutal car wreck that ends his (or her) life and the life of the car in a spectacular fashion.

What would be a great, sinister car to blow up?

Here are my thoughts-

1. Modern Porsche (cayman perhaps) painted black.

2. Suicide door moredoor lincoln from the 1960's, again, black. Would hate to destroy a vintage car, but we could use a Parts car as a stand in. Great anti hero car, suprised it hasen't been used more.

3. What else? 69 Charger R/T. Every other 69 Charger ever made has been destroyed in movies-TV, why not another.

4. I'm going to get flamed for this but...new Camaro. Sinister enough for the sonofabitch who wants to end the world as we know it. Again..black please.

5. Along the lines of Camaro...(new) Challenger would make a great car for a sinister charactor to drive in a movie.

What else would be a good, sinister, in charactor car for a bad guy to drive/chase/die in?

Your thoughts, please.

Chris

Camry Hybrid would be an interesting car for an anti hero. Perhaps someone wanting to end the human race for the good of the planet and they drive a Hybrid...

Hmm...plot possibilities are interesting.

Tundra= too ugly to die.

Any more thoughts?

Chris

Prius

[/thread]

My epic screenplay does not yet have a chase/wreck scene, but I have said that if I ever actually make it, I'll use the Buick for any scene that take place in a car. So if I insert a chase scene, it'll be in a big, old Buick.

I could see buick...if you had, again, a parts car as a "stand in" a 1950's buick would be great...esp. if you did your screenplay in black and white like the movie Sin City or something. Next...

Of cars currently available, I could actually see a black CTS being a villain car.

Yeah, like Nic Cage in the black STS in 'Face Off'. Can't think of any recent Caddy villian cars besides the Escalade the twins drove in Matrix: Reloaded.

Yeah, like Nic Cage in the black STS in 'Face Off'. Can't think of any recent Caddy villian cars besides the Escalade the twins drove in Matrix: Reloaded.

I too thought of that INSTANTLY when I read the CTS comment.

One of my fav. movie moments involving Cadillacs. :wub:

ALSO;

The original Matrix movie had a 1965(?) Suicide door Lincoln Continental

in all black prominently featured in the scene just prior to the de-javu.

I too thought of that INSTANTLY when I read the CTS comment.

One of my fav. movie moments involving Cadillacs. :wub:

ALSO;

The original Matrix movie had a 1965(?) Suicide door Lincoln Continental

in all black prominently featured in the scene just prior to the de-javu.

Ya, in the rain..at night...with Trinity in PVC. Great scene, goregous car.. IIRC, the Lincoln appears in one of the later movies also. IIRC, in the first movie, it was a '63, but a '65 in one of the later movies...thought there was a change of model year for some reason..haven't seen them in a while.

Here's how it would go down: the Villain would be driving a big old Peterbuilt tanker truck full of fuel, speed maxed out, with 15 or so cruisers and slick tops on his tail. The Pete maneuvers through the port and a sniper takes a shot from a crane, striking the driver in the abdomen. The perp is losing consciousness as he's heading full-speed down a pier, where at the end sits a cargo boat full of Camry Hybrids fresh from Japan. Guy passes out, Pete drives head on into the ship, massive explosion ensues, Camry Hybrid parts flying everywhere, ship creaks and groans as a massive fireball separates the hulk into two, and the Hybrids begin their slow descent down to Davy's Jones' Locker.

Edited by mustang84

Isn't that what they used in that god-awful Knightrider remake?

My dad's Camry hybrid is an early build and was built in Japan but now all the USDM ones are built in KY. Great cars, I get 41 mpg driving it and I'm not kidding either. And I'm not exactly light on the throttle.

Why Of Course a black B-59 would be a good one to blow too.

I have no problem duct tapping an I.E.D. to the

front of my beater turbo-diesel sedan, aiming it

at your ride & dropping a brick on the gas pedal

to get you back for that horrific comment.

That is what CGI is for.... in that case I'd agree,

a B-59 would be a great villain car!

An evil black Honda Insight with flames coming out the exhaust and NOS stickers and a bunch of VTEC stickers. oh and a wing.

no, no, no, NO.... not a CLOWN car a car suited for a villain.

That is what CGI is for.... in that case I'd agree,

a B-59 would be a great villain car!

They just look evil, with those canted lights and eyebrows.. a flat black one w/ tinted windows, black steel wheels...be like Christines' evil partner in crime, like the 'Werecar' on a Futurama episode.

I'd like to see the all-new, totally AWESOME Pontiac G3 get it's GM Daewoo ass get blown up and have a me in my 1984 Toyota Cressida drive by and take the drivers to safety. What a happy ending!

Nahhh...even if you ran both cars at top speed viewers would think the film was running in slow motion and loose interest.

Chris

A 1947 Crosley.

Stuart Kaminsky has a great series of detective novels set IIRC in the glory days of hollywood (back in the 40's). Main charactor is funny as hell and drives a Crosley.

Chris

Any rally or touring car, with big flared, vented fenders, ground effects, spoiler, etc. Preferably a sedan. It would have to be black, of course.

For some reason a BMW, done up like a car for the British Touring Car series, comes to mind.

Chris