Isuzu Impulse

HarleyEarl

A car I wanted to show appreciation for here, but never got around to. And those are great wheels that are simply too small. But yeah, Isuzu should never have stopped making cars. Honda should buy them from GM, leave the trucks to that badge, while Honda sticks to the cars.

did not realize that!  yeah, the SVX has some great proportions, but the little Delorean windows (that was my hint) gotta go... they're kinda dorky in my opinion.

[post="48008"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah. That's about the worst aspect of the SVX, which says alot because its a sharp car. With gullwing doors, the necessity of cutout windows is obvious, but here its done for styling.

It's funny that the second generation Impusle got the flip-up eyelids that the original Impulse had, but with round sealed beams. It had an ungainly look. The Geo Storm had flip-up eyelids also but with rectangular headlights. The Gen2 Impulse was very claustrophobic, unlike its airy platform-mate, the Stylus. There was also a more practical Wagonback model:

Posted Image

Agreed - it was a rebadge of the Geo Storm:

Posted Image

-RBB

[post="48249"][/post]

Do people always look at the Chevy version of any car as the base for another? Can it ever be the other way around (as it was in this case)?

It's funny that the second generation Impusle got the flip-up eyelids that the original Impulse had, but with round sealed beams.  It had an ungainly look.  The Geo Storm had flip-up eyelids also but with rectangular headlights.  The Gen2 Impulse was very claustrophobic, unlike its airy platform-mate, the Stylus.  There was also a more practical Wagonback model:

Posted Image

[post="48299"][/post]

Never seen that version...

Unless it was a Storm...

This is the turkey that stuck in my mind, done by guigario. A google search turned up more winners than losers, but multiple losers. Perhaps it was a rough spot in his career. None of them are what I'd call 'beautiful' however.

Posted Image

Nice roll bar... perhaps for drying towels on. It's not going to do anything else.

Edited by balthazar

As far as cheap econoboxes go this thing was cool. I think we all know where I stand when it comes to RWD Japanese cars with manual tranies. And I love cheesy Ubber-80s rims... typical child of the 80s.

I'd love to pick up a Beater RWD Impulse for Ice Racing & Drifting. :)

Posted Image

In my twisted mind that's the most important thing I look for in a Car purchase. RWD. :) Inline Sixes are great, a V8 is even better... I strongly prefer Manual tranies but most important of all is RWD. Edited by Sixty8panther

Flanders: <pointing at jiggsaw puzzle> "Well Hello there Neighbor-eenos, looks liek you're missing a piece" Homer: "Har-har-HAR Flanders, looks like you're missing a WIFE!" Flanders: <Laughs uncomfortably> "Well, I walked right into that one..."

Wow, that's really cool... I don't think I've ever seen one that old before. I've seen the newer ones that were based on the GEO Storm, but not these old ones. I suspect that the salt and snow has probably long since claimed however many of them there were here in Canada. Are there any more pics, because I'd sure like to see more!

This also reminds me of the old Subaru XT... Anybody else seen these wacky machines?

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last time I saw that Cheese Wedge (Subaru XT) was when I was flipping through the channels and noticed "BIG" (wiht Tom Hanks) was on TV about a year ago. They're nonexistant now in N.E.

notice it's an XT-Turbo! :P

Wow, that's really cool... I don't think I've ever seen one that old before. I've seen the newer ones that were based on the GEO Storm, but not these old ones.

Being Canadian, how many Asuna Sunfires have you seen?

By the way, the Geo Storm was based on the Isuzu Impulse, not the other way around (see earlier posting).