Proof that Hondas are crapboxes

take that, vehicle which accepts more damage strategically in order to protect its passengers rather than remaining rigid and potentially ejecting them, causing them significantly higher potential damages!

STUPID ENGINEERING, HONDA CAN GO TO HELL

[post="47975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah! :P

So... Where's this "proof", again?

take that, vehicle which accepts more damage strategically in order to protect its passengers rather than remaining rigid and potentially ejecting them, causing them significantly higher potential damages!

STUPID ENGINEERING, HONDA CAN GO TO HELL

[post="47975"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:lol:

I was gonna point that out, but not quite as sarcastically.

I can't see the video from here (not a software or network issue, don't worry). I was wondering if someone could describe the damage to the Caprice vs the damage done to the Accord.

The Caprice was driven into the side of the Accord, so you can imagine what happened. The doors of the Accord were pushed a little ways into the passenger area, and the roof crumpled a bit from this. The Caprice had front end damage, but was not examined closely in the video. I couldnt hear the sound to actually know what Jay said, can somebody tell me?

Posted Image

Jay doesn't really say anything that interesting. "Kids don't try this at home. Man, this is like Terry Bradshaw on a Saturday night. Let's see what kind of damage we did. I would say the Honda is pretty much totaled. Now you're ok but these people, they'd be dead if you were in the passenger seat."

Pointless... sort of But it srill put a smile on my face! I think we all know if the roles were reversed the Honda would NOT do tha kind of damage to thE Caprice!

that the accord couldn't do as much damage to the caprice as the other way around does not make the caprice a safer car. if it protects the occupants, who cares about the damage that gets done! it's not as though life is a destruction derby (although most houston drivers would beg to differ)

well, I'd rather get banged up in a car taht's intact than have the b-pillar cave in and smash my head so hard that my brains end up on the headliner. Here we go again wiht the "soft vs. hard" car design.

Nothing wrong with 'em being soft in front and back, but they gotta be hard on the sides. That Honda was almost cut in half by the Caprice. Look at that roof for an idea of how deep the doors were pushed in. Pretty damn far, almost halfway over. Duh, I'd rather be in the B-body. By the way, the Caprice started off with no front bumper cover or headlights.

Ocn: don't forget the driver's door was not there... that's also a structrual part of the car as well... a front end collision transfers energly through the doors as well as the B-pillars.

Damn... that photo makes me want to get a Aquamarine Metalic Daewoo. :blink:

I've owned and driven several Grand Ams from the past 20 years... every one of them was sa more soild and substantial car than a Honda anything.

I'm telling you BV, you CAN NOT base your opinion of a car on ONE car/truck you've driven that has like 130,000 miles. I've driven Mercedes Benz that feel like they're a piece of crap, this doesn not mean every one is... the 240,000 miles might have smoething to do with it. (exageration for effect)

I'm not basing it off of that, but off of other crap. ya know. I know my GA ian'r AS godd as it caqn be, but again, im not retarded. I've seent eh crashe test, Ilve seent he stats and data. I;ve driven each. (well the accord for a very very shor t drive but still ) A gradn am may feel more secure but its due to its wider tires. Structureally a GA is what my parenst like to call my favorite car. Deth trap. I love it abnd dont really care about this crap bvut its not that sage. Really. If a car was to slam into my door yod probably never hear from me again. Dont be overly fanatical. I mean, I can be somethimes but it whatever the hell I;m thinking..

Pontiac = more substantial, thicker sheetmetal & more mass.... therefore in a t-bone: better than equivelant Accord. I've driven a few '96/'98 Accords (forget the year of your car) and I'll tell you they're pretty light weight. Mass is the biggest enemy of performance but it's your best friend in a collision. Ask an engineer and they'll tell you Mass is the constant in any crash test. Edited by Sixty8panther

In BV's case, a Grand Am is about 1,000,000x better than a Blazer since I'm sure he's referencing the inherently poorly-balanced mid-90s Blazers. My girlfriend's '88 "S-10 Sport" two-door Blazer feels a whole lot more stable than the '95 4-door my father had for a work truck. There's something wrong with that picture.

In BV's case, a Grand Am is about 1,000,000x better than a Blazer since I'm sure he's referencing the inherently poorly-balanced mid-90s Blazers.

My girlfriend's '88 "S-10 Sport" two-door Blazer feels a whole lot more stable than the '95 4-door my father had for a work truck. There's something wrong with that picture.

[post="48868"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

there is, considering that the '88 and the '95 are basically identical, structurally.

Its possible. Perhaps they softened up the suspension to give it a better ride and somehow that affected its handling.

[post="48916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Most probable concluson.

I LOVED my 1991 Blazer S10. This thread inspired my to finally post it in the Reader's Ride section today.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...st=0#entry49089

I'm not basing it off of that, but off of other crap. ya know. I know my GA ian'r AS godd as it caqn be, but again, im not retarded. I've seent eh crashe test, Ilve seent he stats and data. I;ve driven each. (well the accord for a very very shor t drive but still ) A gradn am may feel more secure but its due to its wider tires. Structureally a GA is what my parenst like to call my favorite car. Deth trap. I love it abnd dont really care about this crap bvut its not that sage. Really. If a car was to slam into my door yod probably never hear from me again. Dont be overly fanatical. I mean, I can be somethimes but it whatever the hell I;m thinking..

If any of you can understand that post, I applaud you. :P I think I meant...

The Accord is safer in the way that it'll protect me better. The Grand Am may hold up better, but that doesn't mean safer. Fly reminded me of our Blazer. It feels big and secure. Wallowy, though. It's even BOF. Most people would probably rather be in it in a crash than my GA because they think its safer. For those reasons. However, it's not very safe. Again, you can just look at crash tests. Government's or Insurance's (although they don't have one for my GA, just later ones). A Grand Am will protect you better. A Blazer won't. Still, both aren't very safe. An Accord is safer. It will, hands down, protect you better. It may not hold up better... but who in their right mind cares about the more than their own life? Seriously? If you're going to talk safety, your life and the life of others should be the only thing on your mind. Not the car. That's why cars have crush zones, loads of airbags, etc.

Safety = Accord > Grand Am.

Still, mass does mean something as you said. I'm just speaking for the car itself.

still I rather be in a Caprice! For instance when My brother got in a accident with my old Caprice (which I just sold to him for $1000), a 91', he hot hit in the rear quater panel at 40-45 mph. got T boned, because this female blew a red light. Her car was a Toyota Corolla or Camry. her car totaled. the Caprice since it was PLPD was considered Totaled but, It was highly fixable. All it need is a rear axle, Differential. Drive shaft, Trunk lid, rear driver side door, quater panel, and a new wheel and brake system. It would of cost about $1500. for junkyard parts and paint. But then my parents sold him there 95' Camaro.

Viper, maybe newer Accords are built better than the one in the video, what is it, an '88? '89? That ol' ass Accord in the video, I'm willing to bet, wouldn't be any safer than a Grand Am of that same time... none of the manufacturers were as hellbent on crash test scores as they are today. Not that it's a bad thing. If a car can be made smarter, structurally, to protect us in an accident, I'm all for it.

As for mass, think of it this way. Hit a golf ball with a golf club, then hit a golf club with a golf ball. Now what?

As for mass, think of it this way. Hit a golf ball with a golf club, then hit a golf club with a golf ball. Now what?

How about this... secure an egg in the middle of a bowling ball then secure one in the middle of a soccer ball. (Of course I mean have the center drilled out of the bowling ball and for egg to be secured by something like a seatbelt) Now drop each off of the roof of a house. Which has a better chance of saving the egg? (although both will probably break it) :D

Betcha didn't think of me coming back with that, did ya?!?!?!?!? :lol: :P

But yes, I'm mostly talking about newer Accords as I don't know much about older ones. So... unrelated to it is this:

Posted Image

1997 Grand Am Sedan. (coupe unrated for side) One star for front passenger and three for rear passenger. Compared to this:

Posted Image

1997 Accord sedan. Two for front and three for rear. See... safer. :D Even if just by one star for the front passenger. And for newer Accords and Grand Ams:

Posted Image

Three stars for both front and rear for the sedan. One star for the front and four stars for the rear for the coupe. Compared to:

Posted Image

Four stars for both front and rear for the sedan. Three stars for front and four stars for rear for the coupe.