Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Holiday... celebrate!

Hey, everybody have a great Memorial Day weekend! I am heading to my little brother's new mountain vacation house tomorrow morning, what're you all doing to celebrate or remember?

I went and got one of those quick-setup pools for the back yard, so sometime this weekend we'll have a pool for lounging around in. That is if I dont die for unilaterally buying a pool and paying out the ass to get it filled so it doesn't take 13 hours with my garden hose.

I went and got one of those quick-setup pools for the back yard, so sometime this weekend we'll have a pool for lounging around in. That is if I dont die for unilaterally buying a pool and paying out the ass to get it filled so it doesn't take 13 hours with my garden hose.

Borrow a fire hose and tap the fire hydrant. Fills real fast this way! ;)

Personally, I am having to get some of my honey dooooooooo list done. So lots of yard work and house stuff before we have family over for a Bar-B-Que on monday. :P

Everyone have a great 3 day weekend. :D

Edited by dfelt

Hmm...holiday...actually nothing out of the ordinary except for weaving around all the beach traffic of PA, NJ, MD and all the others down here in droves, and having a Monday off for the first in a long while.

Well I am home from Tioga County. 3 hours 15 minutes each way. Little bro's little house is in such a nice spot, next to a general store and a creek. I stopped on the way home and bought a new tent... and I am planning on heading up to the campground tomorrow morning... I can't wait to feel the breeze! I hope everyone's enjoying themselves.:AH-HA_wink:

Cutting grass and cleaning up some storage to install some solar panels soon. Maybe a small cookout, assuming I get the gas grill back together. Then its time to get back to the tuneup on the van and the unholy repairs on the Caprice.

Look at our widdle Viper in that TT! That lucky little $h!! Hey Vipes, have you noticed any differences between your Cobalt and the Audi? I mean, it's the same colour and all, not sure if there's much of a difference between the two. :scratchchin:

Look at our widdle Viper in that TT! That lucky little $h!! Hey Vipes, have you noticed any differences between your Cobalt and the Audi? I mean, it's the same colour and all, not sure if there's much of a difference between the two. :scratchchin:

I think the TT-S might be a little faster. Just a little. :P

Indy 500 Party, my son's 16th birthday, a road tour of southern Ohio with a bunch of car clubs (had everything from vintage British cars to Ferrari's show up) and another trip to southern Ohio with my family yesterday...

TTS is a great car....looks good with the other Audi.

Chris

Spent the weekend cooking/cleaning in preparation for a 500 party, got my drink on, ate way too much food, went to a friend's graduation party, got my drink on again, and hung out with some old friends (while continuing to drink) for about 5 hours.

Oh, and nice Madonna reference in the thread title, ocn. I bet nobody EVER saw that one coming :lol:

Edited by Croc

Had a good time back in Ohio...flew into Pittsburgh Friday (4hr flight from Phoenix), picked up my silver Town Car rental from Hertz, drove out to the family farm, drove my '87 Mustang GT on Sat and Sun...went fishing Saturday. Wanted to get the '69 Mustang out and drive it, but it was blocked in the barn by my brothers' '82 Mustang GT which has a bad starter currently. Watched the 500 Sunday.

Got to drive some of my favorite twisty, roller coaster roads in E. Ohio. It's so beautiful and green back there, esp. around the lakes and rivers. Quite different from the beige desert of AZ.

Drove over to Steubenville yesterday, cruised around my old neighborhood..looks much the same as it did 30 years ago, IIRC, though they have built a new school where my old elementary school was, and their is a Bob Evans where the Pontiac dealer was. Then back to PITT for the flight back to Phoenix (had some pierogies and beer at the airport while waiting on my flight).

Edited by Cubical

It's so beautiful and green back there, esp. around the lakes and rivers. Quite different from the beige desert of AZ.

pierogies and beer

Yeah, cube, I'm a fan of green. I tend to be happier in greener areas, regardless of weather...

Sat: Shasta

Sun: Tahoe

Mon: Santa Cruz

This morning, you can tell when they notice the miles you put on the rental car.

Pierogies: Yes!

Beer: Pass...

Yeah, cube, I'm a fan of green. I tend to be happier in greener areas, regardless of weather...

Sat: Shasta

Sun: Tahoe

Mon: Santa Cruz

This morning, you can tell when they notice the miles you put on the rental car.

Sounds like a nice weekend..

I managed to put 275 miles on my rental Town Car, not bad considering I was only driving 150 round trip from the airport to the farm...it was funny--the car had Wisconsin plates, picked it up in PA and drove to OH through the WV panhandle, with an AZ license. put about 100 on my Mustang, which only has 64,500 (which is low for a one owner '87).

Edited by Cubical

Went to Greenville, SC to play golf. Played at Clemson's Walker Golf Course - a gorgeous place. Pretty country there in SW corner of SC. Got to eat some good vineagar and mustard based BBQ.

It was the first long distance drive in the Beemer. Not a bad drive. I had some car-flirting with two blonde chicks on my way back.

The economy has taken the toll. Normally I-95 is swarmed with NEners who are travelling to get to south on long weekends regardless of the time of the day. Yesterday was not the case. On one leg I had my cruise control set for 57 miles without any interruptions from south of Brunswick, Ga right till I entered Jacksonville. That is not normal, since you always have to break and accelerate when slow pokes and fast gushers are prowling.

The economy has taken the toll. Normally I-95 is swarmed with NEners who are travelling to get to south on long weekends regardless of the time of the day.

I noticed that in PA and OH...driving Rt 22 West from the Pittsburgh area, there was practically no traffic at 7:30 on Friday evening. While not an Interstate, it's a 4 lane divided highway that crosses through WV and into eastern Ohio...saw a little more traffic yesterday afternoon, but still light.

One of my guys came in with a really bad hangover this morning. If I were a real jerk, I would have called him every ten minutes because our phones are really annoying. But I didn't do that, I must be getting soft in my old age.

One of my guys came in with a really bad hangover this morning. If I were a real jerk, I would have called him every ten minutes because our phones are really annoying. But I didn't do that, I must be getting soft in my old age.

Heh-heh...I didn't have a hangover, but felt jet lagged. 4 hrs flying across 3 time zones yesterday, up at 5:30 this morning. Once in while that's ok, but I couldn't do it every week.

Sunday morning I helped my father work on his boat, then we all went back to the house for an afternoon cookout and went out for an afternoon ice cream. Monday me and the girl went down to visit my folks again and we all piled into dad's Packard and took a ride to Woodman's in Essex, MA for the best fried seafood on planet Earth. Then a nice leisurely ride up the coast and another afternoon ice cream. All in all a great weekend; would love to do the same some day in my own antique vehicle!

Glad you enjoyed it back here where it is green, Cubical.

I would love to see your Mustangs sometime....

Chris

By the way, here are some pics I took back in Ohio this past weekend..never say never, but I'm about ready to run screaming from Arizona and back to the land of snow and ice, of yellow and black.

My '87 Mustang:

3564845763_ef36afbba0.jpg

3565666806_b9f1df9183.jpg

3565667140_a604a0667a.jpg

Edited by Cubical

More holiday weekend pics:

My rental car:

3565667496_760d45a4d0.jpg

Tappan Lake, about 20 miles from where I grew up, used to go boating there:

3565669878_0d84a547ac.jpg

The family farm house, circa 1859:

3564851365_ffc4caf4e4.jpg

The house in Steubenville, Oh I lived in until age 10:

3565671178_c7761e269b.jpg

Nice pics, Cuticle. Ford had an ace up their sleeve in '82 in response to the beautiful but gutless new F-bodies... HORSEPOWER! The Holley carbureted 302 spanked the Crossfire-injected Camaro and Firebird that year. The 5.0 Mustang was such an icon they're bringing it back!

You know what, I put over 600 miles on the Cobalt this weekend, and my butt doesn't hurt. Happy about that.

Oh and Croc, I just knew you'd get the reference!:AH-HA_wink:

Edited by ocnblu

Nice pics, Cuticle. Ford had an ace up their sleeve in '82 in response to the beautiful but gutless new F-bodies... HORSEPOWER! The Holley carbureted 302 spanked the Crossfire-injected Camaro and Firebird that year. The 5.0 Mustang was such an icon they're bringing it back!

I wanted to take a pic of my brother's black '82 GT, but it has a dead starter currently. There is also his '79 Mustang Indy Pace Car and my '69 Mustang in the barn, along with my Mom's 3 '67-68 Cougars and my brother's '69 Fairlane.

I've always wanted a fox Body ragtop...maybe some day I'll buy one.

Glad to see you've taken such nice care of that car.

I'll perhaps at some point trade you Arizona for Ohio. The economy here really sucks right now...you may want to stay in Arizona if you enjoy luxuries like eating.

Chris

The house in Steubenville, Oh I lived in until age 10:

3565671178_c7761e269b.jpg

That house has a lot of character. Drive-under garages with the house set up on a knoll have a lot of curb appeal.

Lots of houses in Ohio have lots of Charactor. The office of the company I work for is in a historical district, and many of the buildings are high victorian and well preserved.

However, I almost would enjoy living somewhere really modern like LA or Seattle for awhile.

Chris