Who Killed Pontiac!

I said somewhere that DeLorean called it in his book. He knew what Pontiac was supposed to be, and if they would have just kept on that path, instead of turning it into a $h! sandwich with mayo, who knows.

Johns book was good and it shows so well how messed up GM was. It is only a small snap shot of the problems they had but it show so well how they were not working together as one company.

I need to reread it as it has been a while. I bought a copy a few years ago and glad I did. I know later he wished he had not written it as he burned a lot of people and bridges.

Yes it is...SD Formula 455. Rarer than the TA, last of the true Firebird/Pontiac pure musclecars of the era.

Chris

Okay, you have me there. But I love the early second gen RS Camaros almost as much. So much so, in fact, that the difference between how I feel about the Chevy and the Pontiac barely exists.

I stop loving both of them when you get to the '74 model year.

I'd pick these two:

'701/2 RS/SS 396 4spd Camaro

'73 Formula 455SD 4spd. Firebird

The above-mentioned F-birds are more than familiar to me; my brother has owned his '68 hardtop since '95, my bro-in-law (good friend growing up) has had his '69 hardtop since circa '83.

The '68 is currently under the knife getting a back-half done. Here 'tis before surgery:

i-IMG_0366_1.jpg

I believe he's run 10.1s as is.

If I was to chose a Firebird/Camaro, it'd have to be a 1st gen, as the 2nd gens get too plasticy for my tastes.

The above-mentioned F-birds are more than familiar to me; my brother has owned his '68 hardtop since '95, my bro-in-law (good friend growing up) has had his '69 hardtop since circa '83.

The '68 is currently under the knife getting a back-half done. Here 'tis before surgery:

i-IMG_0366_1.jpg

I believe he's run 10.1s as is.

If I was to chose a Firebird/Camaro, it'd have to be a 1st gen, as the 2nd gens get too plasticy for my tastes.

Agreed, (although the SD 455 thing appeals to me) and glad you have first gen Firebirds in your family.

Love the pic, thanks.

Chris