Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hey PCS

What color?

Auto or manual?

Cryptic Messages so early in the morning, I just woke up! Just so we're straight, this vehicle is in Mrs. PCS' name :AH-HA_wink:

MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE*:

$37,610

* DISCOUNT OPTION PACKAGE

* Leather Trim, Onyx/Red

* Interior, Onyx/Red

* Liquid Red

* Tire & Wheel Spare - Delete

* Seat Adjuster, 6-Way Power, Driver

* SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS PRESENCE DETECTOR

* Remote Start

* Cargo Convenience Net

* Seat Adjuster, 6-Way Power, Passenger

* Seats, Front Bucket Sport

* Key, Common

* Airbags, Side-Impact, Driver and Passenger

* Floor Mats, Front

* Floor Mats, Rear

* Decklid Liner

* Vehicle GM Prod Week 44

* Identification Breaking Point 2009 1/2 M.Y.

* Sunroof

* Air Conditioning, Dual Zone w/Auto Temp Controls

* Spoiler, Rear, Low-Profile

* Mirror, Inside Rearview with Compass and OnStar

* Mirrors, Outside Body Color

* Country Code: USA

* Suspension, High Performance

* Limited Slip Rear Differential

* EQUIPMENT ADDITIONAL USA

* Axle Rear - 3.27 Ratio

* Pedals, Sport Metallic

* Stabilitrak

* Brakes, Front & Rear Disc Antilock

* Seats, Heated Driver & Right Front Passenger

* Vehicle Drive, Left-Hand Drive

* Engine, 6.2L V8 SFI

* 6-Speed Automatic Transmission

* Exhaust, Dual Outlet, Stainless Steel

* Steering Wheel, 4-Spoke, Sport

* Rack-and-Pinion Steering

* EMISSION SYSTEM CALIFORNIA, LEV2

* Tire Inflator Kit

* Wheels, 19" Polished Aluminium, 5-Spoke

* Tire, P245/40R19-94W, Summer, Blackwall

* Gas Guzzler Tax

* CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 83

* Interior Trim Pricing Code

* Sales Processing Stock Orders

* Headlamps

* XM Radio

* CALIBRATION TELEMATICS, HOLDEN ASSIST/ONSTAR

* Antenna, Roof Mounted

* OnStar

* Sound System, AM/FM Stereo w/6 Disc CD Player

* Conversion HBD

* Pontiac G8, GXP

* LICENSE PLATE FRONT FRT MOUNTING PKG

* Shift Lever, Leather Wrapped

* Emissions, CA

* MODEL CONVERSION PONTIAC GRAND PRIX '367P'

TOTAL OPTIONS:

$2,600

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS:

$40,210

DESTINATION CHARGE:

$685

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICES*:

$40,895

I still don't know what this is - * MODEL CONVERSION PONTIAC GRAND PRIX '367P'

3K off at the time plus my GM Employee discount. :smilewide:

Congratulations on buying such a wonderful car. Glad to see you saw the 'light'!! :lol:

I still don't know what this is - * MODEL CONVERSION PONTIAC GRAND PRIX '367P'

This is a strange thing to see listed, and if it puzzles you then I wonder how we'll ever find out what it means?? :scratchchin:

GT GXP!

Sounds like an awesome car...

Although I'd almost rather have a Solstice Targa.

...and I know I'd want three pedals instead of two.

But...congradulations.

Chris

Maybe his purchase has something to do with that B-J thing.

Chris

Exactly, you cannot go wrong with a G8 and a B-J! :AH-HA_wink:

...you and me both, bro.

Chris

As am I... But proud of PCS for seeing the light. He will have TWO uber rare GXP's and one rare GP GXP. So PCS I wanna here about the Solstice Targa, what color and features etc?

Edited by gm4life

Automatic?

Boo!

That won't help at B-J time!

Who knows what standards or taste will be like in 20 or 30 years? I'll take my chances, however this car is Mrs. PCS's not mine, so the automatic was her doing ...

I recently came into a bit of money with my father's estate being settled, and some other monies I got from my retirement at GME and a signing bonus @ BMW, not to mention the house in St. Croix that my father left me ... So life is good, at least from my standpoint ...

The Solstice was a gift to my daughter, who got accepted to the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame, a year early and with a scholarship. Besides, she is half Irish after all ...

Seen the light no, seen the dollar signs as a future investment, yes .... I may be crazy, but I'm not dumb ... :neenerneener:

So now there are 3 GXP's sitting in my garage in Delaware, don't challenge the gate ...

I spent a good portion of this week and last crossing the Franco/Italian border, pics of the cars will come eventually when I return to the USA ...

I've decided to have the Pontiac Custom-S completely restored in Texas next month, work will begin on that in about 30 days.

The Nox will sit in my driveway, as I like to have a CUV on hand just in case the villagers should storm the gate and attack my castle, but I'm thinking the new Cadillac SRX should take its place ... :AH-HA_wink:

That's about all I have to say on my new car purchases for now ... :smilewide:

Congrats on your daughter and Notre Dame...the school is a good school...and it is almost 70% male...I'm sure your daughter will enjoy "both" of these facts.

Chris

PCS laughed at us for defending Pontiac and hoping for a positive outcome to the turmoil. Made us think he was doing everything in his capacity at GM to undermine Pontiac. Railed against the G8 from day one. Tick-tock and all that bull$h! throughout his membership here. Then, when it is time to pick the carcass clean, what does he do? He purchases the very car so many of us aspired to, purely as "an investment", nothing more, then makes sure we know it is his "wife's" car, purchased with his money, not hers. This is his ultimate achievement. My hat is off to you, PCS.

PCS laughed at us for defending Pontiac and hoping for a positive outcome to the turmoil. Made us think he was doing everything in his capacity at GM to undermine Pontiac. Railed against the G8 from day one. Tick-tock and all that bull$h! throughout his membership here. Then, when it is time to pick the carcass clean, what does he do? He purchases the very car so many of us aspired to, purely as "an investment", nothing more, then makes sure we know it is his "wife's" car, purchased with his money, not hers. This is his ultimate achievement. My hat is off to you, PCS.

:confused0071:

Ocn, he knew what was going to happen (I did too, sadly), but what was he going to say? I don't think he wanted to mess up his future at GM...as he has a family to take care of.

Regardless, he bought the last, best pontiacs that they make....I would assume you noticed he has owned a few pontiacs?

Come on man.......

From Autoblog:

Apr 24th 2008 1:28PM I hate this car in a big way, Pontiac will not get one thin dime of my money for this Holden rebadge.

Regardless, he bought the last, best pontiacs that they make....I would assume you noticed he has owned a few pontiacs?

From here:

"It's no Pontiac and never will be!"

His words, not mine.

Edited by Lamar

I am the only one happy for the guy? He gave the first half of his life to General Motors and was a loyal employee. As a reward he picked up a '07 GP GXP, '09 G8 GXP and for his daughter a '09 Solstice GXP Targa, I am green with envy he has some of the greatest Pontiac's produced in ALONG time and am glad for him. So he didn't like Pontiac/Holden thing and we didn't agree on it, but he always was helpful to me and posted photographs of his purple haze GP so I could see the color on a car before I got my Torrent. I didn't always agree with him or the tick-tock thing but he was right all along and did really love Pontiac. I have a great deal of respect for PCS. I am glad he has rewarded himself for his hard work and could actually get cars some of the cars we drool over. If I can't have cars like that, I am glad a person who will take care of them and enjoy them has them.

Edited by gm4life

I already congratulated him when he told me he was picking up a G8 in addition to the Solstice. :P

Well I didn't know until I started reading this thread... I know you were glad for it, I just can't believe some of the comments in here... I know he wasn't the most supportive of the G8 but even he realized how great they are. Once again congrats PCS I sure wish I could have your whips, even the GP GXP.

Maybe some people are just jealous (I know I am). :P

I'm not jealous, I just don't like his hypocrisy...he was doing nothing but running down Holden and the G8 for months (years?) and now he buys one.

I'm not jealous, I just don't like his hypocrisy...he was doing nothing but running down Holden and the G8 for months (years?) and now he buys one.

How am I a hypocrite? My name is not on the title, the car is not legally owned by me ...

My wife wanted it, and now she has it, I don't deny my wife much of anything ...

So PCS what are the details on the Solstice? I am dying to know. Congrats on all your new toys, I wish I could take the G8 GXP tho.

I'm not sure which Targa she picked, I will find out later today and wire the money to the dealer. My daughter won't need the car until next week anyway, as she has finals until next Thursday ... The money transfer will happen today, before June 1st, because I'm not sure there will be an Employee discount any longer after that date ...

I'm not sure which Targa she picked, I will find out later today and wire the money to the dealer. My daughter won't need the car until next week anyway, as she has finals until next Thursday ... The money transfer will happen today, before June 1st, because I'm not sure there will be an Employee discount any longer after that date ...

Oh you let her pick out what one she wanted, that was very nice of you. Can you be my dad too? :smilewide:

Cool!

Glad we've got more cool cars in the Cheers and Gears Family.

It's be even better once GM4life and Camino get their rides home.

...and Mustang 84 is looking like he'll get a better car also.

Maybe we can hire the Mafia to steal Satty's Prius and torch it...then we'll be all set.

Chris