Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mule Bakersdozen LS

2005 Ford 4Trac Concept Truck Pics

10 posts in this topic

Possible preview of the next-generation Ranger-not sure if its worldwide including here or outside of here, but there's a press release on http://www.blueovalforums.com (Go to School of Free Thought). Here's some pics....

http://www.autodeadline.com/Photos?source=Ford&page=1

Keep in mind that this is for Ford Thailand...there is no guarantee it will be brought here or that this is the US Ranger replacement.

They can't replace the Ranger...EVER!

Wouldn't it be great to have two Rangers in your driveway, one with 'ANTIQUE' plates and one fresh off the lot and have them look exactly the same?

You can only wish. This is the Mazda-developed Ford Ranger for international markets. The North American Ranger won't be updated till ... oh, it will probably be this decade.

The South American Ford Ranger, based on the US version has already recieved a major facelift (and a new diesel engine from International), which North America will probably never see.

It does resemble the Ridgeline and Avalanche, except a bit uglier, save for the wheels, which are nice. Way too much bling on there, even for a concept. I think it would look better in one color, no ricer head/tail lamps, side mirror lights or excessive use of chrome.

A new grille to a 1993 design does not make a major facelift-but then again to that or the 1992-vintage Econoline (or 1998-vintage counting the body switch, the Crown Victoria), I guess it might count. No wonder Ford is in such bad and declining shape-they can't think of a good styling idea, and I can't either. The Ranger desperately needs to be replaced, and it needed it around 2001-last I heard, P273 wouldn't be appearing until 2010-actually-I take that back about the exterior styling/design-mix the Sport Trac rear end with not the Explorer so much, but the F-150/F-Series Super Duty, and move it well into the mid-size category, with the same body styles as now, plus the 2+2-door regular-cab a la F-150's should there be a market for it. And revive the 2000-only Trailhead moniker for a rear-drive model with the raised 4x4 look, as they'v ebeen pitched heavily in the past few years in that segment. Give Dodge Dakota, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma real competition the current GM triplets and Ranger/B-Series are vastly incapable of doing. And drop that useless, slow-selling B-Series clone-its utterly pointless and detracts (along with the Tribute) from Mazda's sporty performance mission. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0