Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Cadillac SRX coming this summer, priced at $34,155

26 posts in this topic

Filed under: Car Buying, Wagons/Estates, Crossovers/CUVs, Cadillac

2010caddysrx_580.jpg
2010 Cadillac SRX - Click above for our live reveal gallery

The second-generation 2010 Cadillac SRX will be rolling into showrooms later this summer with a base price of $34,155. Jumping into the crowded luxury crossover segment, Cadillac hopes to lure customers with the SRX's fuel efficient 3.0-liter direct injected V6, technical features, and versatility. Of course, they've thrown in a dose of Cadillac's "visual appeal and driving character," says Steve Shannon, executive director of marketing for Cadillac. "We believe the Cadillac SRX offers emotional appeal to a segment previously devoid of much of that," he added.

Joining the Cadillac SRX later in the summer will be the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon. The Sport Wagon mirrors the CTS sedan in design and features, yet it offers nearly double the cargo space. The standard engine in the CTS Sport Wagon will be the same 3.0-liter direct-injection V6 as is found under the hood of the upcoming SRX. Check out the press release after the jump for more details.

Continue reading Cadillac SRX coming this summer, priced at $34,155

Cadillac SRX coming this summer, priced at $34,155 originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 27 May 2009 16:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=xc3vF265GTI:Bp52yQomMRI:wF9xT autoblog?i=xc3vF265GTI:Bp52yQomMRI:V_sGL
xc3vF265GTI

View the full article

:nono: I have never been so disappointed in an Auto Release than with the new SRX. :nono:

So a couple weeks ago Dougs Northwest Cadillac and Hummer had a 2010 SRX brought in for the weekend for people to check out inside and out, test drive, etc.

The outside is a beautiful looking car, but that is where is ends.

Inside is nice, clean and follows the CTS layout, but the problems begin.

Driver or front passenger if you are over 6' tall you have to put the seat all the way back and NO ONE can sit behind you. In the old body style SRX you could do this with no problems.

Leg Room of Front seats, due to the swooping T shape of the dash, your right leg for driver and left leg for passenger gets cut off unless you sit at an angle to the front dash. lousy design.

Access to the Glove box, Nope not gonna happen for you to open it if you are over 5' 8" tall, the legs block you being able to open it up.

Head Room, sucks, not really any there. Again, if you have a long body you will be hitting your head always against the ceiling.

Back Seat comfort: If the person in front of you is short enough so that you can get in the back, the seats are fine for short distance driving, but they are no better than what I have in my 2004 SRX which has much better leg room and head room.

Blind Spot HELL: Between the C & D pillar, they have a small little window and it leaves a very large blind spot of seeing the side corner when you do a traditional Shoulder check. You really have to use your side mirrors.

Storage: The back storage area is nice, good enough for a couple golf bags, grocries, etc. Nothing very tall will get in there with out you putting down the middle seats and then having to tip things into the vehicle.

Over all if you are under 5'10" tall you will be fine in this vehicle, for those of us like me and my family where you have woman between 5'10" and 6' and guys from 6'3" to 6'6" tall this CUV is now a bad choice.

Sad that they really came out with a very beautiful vehicle, but really went short on the inside room.

This just continues to prove why they will need a Full Size SUV and at the rate they are going, if they continue to eat up interior room, I will be stuck with my older vehicles due to the lack of room and comfort.

The new Hybrid Escalade which I was really excited to buy does not have enough head room even with the seat all the way down. The salesman was shocked to see my having to recline the seat so I could move my head without hitting the ceiling. I hate having to be reclined to drive an auto. At this rate, I am not sure what I could fit into in the future for Cadillac. :(

Truck-based SUVs have pretty small interiors considering their exterior size. How do the Lambdas fit you? The new Taurus is ginormous inside, too.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The pictures of the interior disappointed me, and I also wondered about how people would fit with that dash design. Of course, I'll have to check it out for myself first, but ouch.

Were the seat cushions all the way up?

No for me I always put them all the way down and I still hit my head.

Truck-based SUVs have pretty small interiors considering their exterior size. How do the Lambdas fit you? The new Taurus is ginormous inside, too.

Off the top of my head I cannot seem to relate Lambdas to any exact models so please give me some examples and I can tell you if I tried them.

I have sat in the Arcadia and it is not too bad, but my hair does lightly rub the ceiling, I can feel it when I move my head.

My 2006 Hummer H2 and 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum do not have this problem, it seems the new escalades, SRX etc all have lost room when you put the seat all the way down and sit in it. I have to recline to drive and not hit the ceiling and I hate that, I like to sit straight up.

Sounds like the SRX should be comparable in the premium compact CUV market. The price and power are competitive w/ the others in that market... Car and Driver has a good comparison article this month on the Q5, GLK, X3, RX, and XC60..

Sounds like the SRX should be comparable in the premium compact CUV market. The price and power are competitive w/ the others in that market... Car and Driver has a good comparison article this month on the Q5, GLK, X3, RX, and XC60..

Crowded segment, but at least it's firmly in one. The old SRX was sort of in between the X5 and X3.

I know some don't, but I really like this new SRX and hope it succeeds. The current generation is beautiful and unfortunately doesn't receive the attention it deserves. Hopefully this little edgy one will get sales.

I thought the previous gen to be ugly inside and out so this is a bigtime major step up.

I know some don't, but I really like this new SRX and hope it succeeds. The current generation is beautiful and unfortunately doesn't receive the attention it deserves. Hopefully this little edgy one will get sales.

Do not get me wrong, I want it to succeed also, but the inside is very small with some problems that I do not have in my current SRX. Since I cannot fit in it, I will continue to hold onto my SRX.

I thought the previous gen to be ugly inside and out so this is a bigtime major step up.

I disagree, the current Gen SRX is a Station wagon on steroids with an average interior, but much nicer than others out on the road and at least it is an american car. Better than Mercedes or BMW IMO. This New Gen SRX is Beautiful on the outside and nice on the inside as long as you are a small person and do not mind having to double / triple check your corners before making a move.

new SRX was quite stunning at the autoshow. it will sell better than the old one because the new one is a looker. it doesn't show as such in photos but even i thought it was awesome.

new SRX was quite stunning at the autoshow. it will sell better than the old one because the new one is a looker. it doesn't show as such in photos but even i thought it was awesome.

Good to read that it looks a little awkward from some camera angles. And since the RWD crowd will have the CTS wagon, people that bough the previous SRX because it was RWD-based will have a vaild alternative.

I must be the only one that thinks this thing is flat-out ugly.

Major step down from the original in my view.

I agree with you here. The world must be ending. :cheers:

You're not the only one. I hate the way this thing looks.

The CTS wagon, on the other hand...

I think it looks pretty decent. These platforms have a compact chunkiness that has appeal, IMO.

:nono: I have never been so disappointed in an Auto Release than with the new SRX. :nono:

Driver or front passenger if you are over 6' tall you have to put the seat all the way back and NO ONE can sit behind you. In the old body style SRX you could do this with no problems.

Access to the Glove box, Nope not gonna happen for you to open it if you are over 5' 8" tall, the legs block you being able to open it up.

Head Room, sucks, not really any there. Again, if you have a long body you will be hitting your head always against the ceiling.

Back Seat comfort: If the person in front of you is short enough so that you can get in the back, the seats are fine for short distance driving, but they are no better than what I have in my 2004 SRX which has much better leg room and head room.

Over all if you are under 5'10" tall you will be fine in this vehicle, for those of us like me and my family where you have woman between 5'10" and 6' and guys from 6'3" to 6'6" tall this CUV is now a bad choice.

The height issue bothers me with a lot of cars as well, as I have 3 teenage children living in my house all of whom have tall friends.

You gotta wonder what people are thinking when they design these things.

Chris

I agree...this one is even better than the earlier one.

Chris

The Terrain is the only one of these things that I actually like.

In a way its a shame the wagons of old went away.

None of the crossovers would work as well for you as your wagon, would they Satty?

Chris

Nothing new would work as well as the wagon, the wagon is my bitch. I've used it as a picnic table, a siesta bed, a hamper and a tow truck. I'd never subject a brand new vehicle to the types of things I've done to the Buick.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0